[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manti Te'o's draft stock plummeting

tazinib1

I can almost...ALMOST guarantee you he doesn't fall to the 2nd round.

I don't know man... I hope for his sake that he gets drafted high and succeeds in his career, because he seems like a decent enough guy. But I'm not sold, and he's going to have to come up with some solid answers to very tough questions during the combine to convince any GM worth his salt.

I can almost...ALMOST guarantee you he doesn't fall to the 2nd round.

This isn't a lock by any means. He's not a super-stud physical specimen like Willis was coming out, and he doesn't have the key skills (pass-rush mostly) that gets LB's drafted in the top 10. He's a pretty good ILB that's (until now) brought elite intangibles like leadership and intensity. That stuff is infectious, and is why he would have been looked at in the first half of the first round. His physical skills would have put him in the 20-30 range, and it was his intangibles that got people talking top 15/10.

If it turns out, though, that he was aware of this, that he covered it up or ever worse actively participated it in, that's not a guy that can come into the locker room and light your team on fire. It's a guy that has to tuck it between his legs, go in as a rook, shut up, and prove it. You don't draft that guy in the first round.

If it turns out, though, that he was aware of this, that he covered it up or ever worse actively participated it in, that's not a guy that can come into the locker room and light your team on fire. It's a guy that has to tuck it between his legs, go in as a rook, shut up, and prove it. You don't draft that guy in the first round.

They draft murderers, bank robbers, thiefs and drug addicts in the first. Te'o will be a first round pick...now if that is a smart decision is another thread entirely.

They draft murderers, bank robbers, thiefs and drug addicts in the first. Te'o will be a first round pick...now if that is a smart decision is another thread entirely.

Why would it be another thread? This one is entitled

Doesn't the wisdom or otherwise of drafting Mr Te'o belong in such a thread?

• Like 1

Why would it be another thread? This one is entitled

Doesn't the wisdom or otherwise of drafting Mr Te'o belong in such a thread?

Well there's already two threads devoted to coaching changes, why not a 2nd on Te'o?

Well there's already two threads devoted to coaching changes, why not a 2nd on Te'o?

and 1 has over 4.5k hits. Not to brag cause I know nothing, as you have pointed out :sarcasam:, but I enjoy it. If I'm a bad guy, go ahead and hang me now.

and 1 has over 4.5k hits. Not to brag cause I know nothing, as you have pointed out :sarcasam:, but I enjoy it. If I'm a bad guy, go ahead and hang me now.

2.5k of those "hits" were you updating us on what the jets' director of player personnel candidates were having for breakfast, though.

If they run 4.3 40's and can take a QB's head off while being mauled by a 320 rapist, yes. Te'o isn't that guy. He needs to be squeaky clean to hold his spot.

He's going to be an excellent pro. I'll leave it at that.

I think he is probably Gay.

(Ok so I didn't quite leave it at that)

It was hinted at earlier in the thread (Manti Ghey'o, anyone? :unsure: ...) and it'd make perfect sense. Wasn't that one gay Pacific Islander NFL player's last name Tuiososopo? Connection? Plus, it'd explain why Notre Dame is so gung-ho about backing this ridiculous story.

If he ends up a first rounder it will most likely be in the later 3rd of the first...I won't be surprised if he falls to the 2nd...not because of the girlfriend but instead due to his actual value and what the NCS did to his stock.

2.5k of those "hits" were you updating us on what the jets' director of player personnel candidates were having for breakfast, though.

:lol:

I'll be willing to bet someone after the combine that if those numbers aren't in the tank hell be a top 15 pick.

I do want his wonderlic released because his story makes some weird sense. He's appearing either as a true country bumpkin or not the sharpest tool in the shed. That number will be interesting.

At the end if the day, it's going to clear up he was a kid who stretched the truth here and there, not realizing what was on the other end. It's not a stretch that he'd lie to his dad about the state of a relationship. The problem began with sloppy reporting by the SB Tribune and that story was used as the source of subsequent stories. With that in mind hell never be able to answer any questions because its a game of telephone and things he never said will be attributed to him.

Edited by Pope Flick

Those 2 threads have 2 different purposes. One was meant for discussion of coaching candidates, who was interviewing where, etc, that is the "Head Coaching Candidates" thread started by keg. The second was to track actual coach/GM changes, with the first post getting modidifed and confirmed hires being posted in the thread.

I don't agree with Tax that whether drafting Teo in the first is a good idea is a nother topic, discussion or thread. It fits perfectly here.

I know you're probably just busting Taz balls, but the info he provided in the HC candidates thread was useful to people following the changes. You can always not read it if it isn't of interest.

Those 2 threads have 2 different purposes. One was meant for discussion of coaching candidates, who was interviewing where, etc, that is the "Head Coaching Candidates" thread started by keg. The second was to track actual coach/GM changes, with the first post getting modidifed and confirmed hires being posted in the thread.

I don't agree with Tax that whether drafting Teo in the first is a good idea is a nother topic, discussion or thread. It fits perfectly here.

I know you're probably just busting Taz balls, but the info he provided in the HC candidates thread was useful to people following the changes. You can always not read it if it isn't of interest.

I'm perfectly capable of comprehending what each thread was initially intended for... but dude was posting the same thing in both threads, so they essentially morphed into the same thread. Thanks for playing, though.