[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What did Ray Lewis Do ?

whomper

The story was from a while back. I know I can go to the innernets and find the story but I was looking for laymans terms and point of views. I know the story goes that he was involved in a murder. What happened ? Links and opinions are encouraged

Edited by whomper

Party shortly after the Rams Superbowl. Ray and his crew got into a fight. Fight escalates. Stabbings occur.

The evidence is fairly scattered as the knife found on scene has no fingerprints. Traces of blood in Ray's rented limo that he and his crew used to get away with.

Stabbing victim dies and Lewis and two crew members are charged with murder. Lewis is granted a plea deal by testifying on other two crew members. Lewis is convicted of obstruction of justice because he instructed his crew to shut up about the whole thing and he lied to police. 1 year probation. NFL fines him a quarter million dollars. Lewis is subsequently sued by both stabbing victims' families and settles out of court with both.

just another thug with a huge bankroll

Agreed in part but he turned his life around. He hung out with a bad crowd, got a break (narked) and turned it 180. I wonder how many of the men stuck in a 6x10 could/would become productive citizens if given the same chance.

Edited by tazinib1

Agreed in part but he turned his life around. He hung out with a bad crowd, got a break (narked) and turned it 180. I wonder how many of the men stuck in a 6x10 could/would become productive citizens if given the same chance.

Agree. He would have never been able to father 6 kids by 4 different women if he was locked up.

• Like 2

My question would be this... do you think his character has actually changed? Personally, I don't know the answer, but that certainly seems to be the most important aspect of any apparent turn around in his life.

He basically did some stuff and got away with it, or swept it under the rug because of his fame, money and testifying against others.

Not sure how much he's changed since then or not, don't really care either. He's a Raven so I'd dislike him even if he were Mother Teresa.

He killed some guys, convinced his homies they shouldn't rat him out, turned on said homies and tried to frame them for murder and then he went on to have a HoF career.

He and Favre are both brilliantly and painfully aware of when the cameras are on them and soak it up and play to the masses with unmatched schlock.

Doug Flutie struck me as similar and not the team player it seems he'd be. Except Flutie had, unquestionably, much stronger general character and a true, it seems, family creed.

• Like 1

I'm going to be rooting for the Niners mainly because I want to see Ray Ray cry actual (and not forced) tears for once.

My wife asked me - during the national anthem of the Ravens/Patriots game - while I was getting something to drink and eat in the kitchen: "hey who's "R. LEWIS?"... I come back to the living room to her shedding a few tears, saying "wow, that guy is really emotional, why is he crying?". "Because he knew the cameras would be on him at some point, dear.".

Plus, many of my homies are Niner fans... might as well. :shrug:

Ray Lewis is scum. I will root for the 49ers, passionately, because of him (and I am no 49ers fan!!!). He knows exactly who did the killing, but in classic gang style wasn't about to give up a homie. Now, a family suffers every day because of the double homicide he was involved in, some how. I am old enough to remember the disgusting circus this man created, the pain of those families, his arrogant obstinate attitude to the law and society as a whole.

He makes babies with his baby momas, assuming that throwing coin at the kids and just being him will be enough to guide these children without a father present.

I can't stand him, and as much as I hate to say it because he is only one man on a team, any success that falls upon this fake, villainous, imposter of a man is a travesty in my eyes. His "praying" at the end of the game made me want to vomit.

The end of the Superbowl will be a great day for football as it will be the last we will have to stomach this living sphincter muscle on the field.

Ray Lewis is scum. I will root for the 49ers, passionately, because of him (and I am no 49ers fan!!!). He knows exactly who did the killing, but in classic gang style wasn't about to give up a homie. Now, a family suffers every day because of the double homicide he was involved in, some how. I am old enough to remember the disgusting circus this man created, the pain of those families, his arrogant obstinate attitude to the law and society as a whole.

He makes babies with his baby momas, assuming that throwing coin at the kids and just being him will be enough to guide these children without a father present.

I can't stand him, and as much as I hate to say it because he is only one man on a team, any success that falls upon this fake, villainous, imposter of a man is a travesty in my eyes. His "praying" at the end of the game made me want to vomit.

The end of the Superbowl will be a great day for football as it will be the last we will have to stomach this living sphincter muscle on the field.

Yeah, but apart from that you think he's OK, then?

Wow... people never cease to surprise me. I believe Lewis has been forgiven in God's eyes. He's been a positive leader for his team and football in general. Would you be happier if he kept being a thug? Seeing people judged like this makes my stomach turn. The man's actions at trying to be a better person and an example to others speak for themselves. People that make generalizations and judgements about people they don't know and never will know generally don't have much to offer themselves, I've found

Edited by efi4eye

Yeah, what exactly has this guy done except his look-at-me entrance dance?

Acted like a reverend. His "inspiration" makes me want to turn my TV off... Sorry, but watching his A Football Life episode was like watching a bad televangelist.

But wow, what an inspirational comeback story that he went from suspected murderer back to making millions violently hitting people....

Wow... people never cease to surprise me. I believe Lewis has been forgiven in God's eyes. He's been a positive leader for his team and football in general. Would you be happier if he kept being a thug? Seeing people judged like this makes my stomach turn. The man's actions at trying to be a better person and an example to others speak for themselves. People that make generalizations and judgements about people they don't know and never will know generally don't have much to offer themselves, I've found

Umm... You're making a judgement and generalization of the same guy that YOU DON"T KNOW and NEVER WILL only you took the other side of the coin :shrug: And what makes you think you know anymore than anyone else about said individual. You're in the minority here Jack

• Like 1

He curbed both those guys and his crew clammed up to protect their gravy train. That's what happened.

LMAO at "turned around." He was convicted of obstruction of justice in a still unsolved double homicide. If he wants to turn around he should turn himself in.

Edited by Pope Flick
  • Like 1

He curbed both those guys and his crew clammed up to protect their gravy train. That's what happened.

LMAO at "turned around." He was convicted of obstruction of justice in a still unsolved double homicide. If he wants to turn around he should turn himself in.

Dude, I'm going to have to start taking advantage of being able to like my own posts. People should know that I endorse this message.

• Like 1