[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stay classy Pats fans...

tazinib1

Everyone is a bigshot behind the keyboard. Put that guy in front of Smith and he would have his tail between his legs and do nothing. If you poll 100 Pats fans 99 of them would probably want to kick this guy in the teeth like the rest of us.

There's really no hope. Not long ago in a thread about the divisive nature of American politics, someone implied that it was them, not us. As in, the politicians are the a-holes and that people just want to get along and would work things out if given the chance.

I couldn't agree less. "We", as a whole, are a bunch of effing pricks.

There's really no hope. Not long ago in a thread about the divisive nature of American politics, someone implied that it was them, not us. As in, the politicians are the a-holes and that people just want to get along and would work things out if given the chance.

I couldn't agree less. "We", as a whole, are a bunch of effing pricks.

True but we at least want to see problems solved. Politicians for the most part are only concerned with staying in office and pocketing as much as they can while there.

I hate stories like this. Every fanbase has a-holes. Some of the saints fans here got pissed at ME when some chicago turd held up a sign making fun of Katrina victims. It happens...

Completely agree with your point. It's a shame that those few bad fans reflect so poorly on everyone else. I will say I that I don't think anybody got mad at you though, Maybe you misunderstood? Here was the only reply to you in that thread from a Saints fan, which was by me:

I think the difference is the scale of which it was done. Judging by what all I've read & seen reported a good number of the Saints fans that visited were treated badly...and by badly I mean above & beyond the taunting you should expect at an opposing teams game. By no means do I think all Chicago fans are like that, in fact I know otherwise from experience with you all here. Maybe it's just a difference in lattitude, but in general the folks down here are embarrased when they hear about any visitors being treated badly regardless of the reasons for the visit. As I stated before, we all take pride in our southern hospitality and when somebody misrepresents our region we feel it reflects on us.

ETA: The only person I got upset with in that thread was UrlacherIsGod & that was only because he thought the sign was clever and to his credit, when explained from our perspective, he understood.

Edited by rajncajn

True but we at least want to see problems solved. Politicians for the most part are only concerned with staying in office and pocketing as much as they can while there.

Yes, we want to "see problems solved". Mind you that's not the same thing as wanting to solve problems. Further, we don't seem any more prepared to be reasonable than politicians do.

Essentially, I do see this bit about blaming all this crap on Washington as passing the buck for our own pigheadedness.

In short, we as a people are far too happy to take up arms against one another or throw daggers to be taken remotely seriously when we then bitch about our congress acting like children.

Yes, we want to "see problems solved". Mind you that's not the same thing as wanting to solve problems. Further, we don't seem any more prepared to be reasonable than politicians do.

Essentially, I do see this bit about blaming all this crap on Washington as passing the buck for our own pigheadedness.

In short, we as a people are far too happy to take up arms against one another or throw daggers to be taken remotely seriously when we then bitch about our congress acting like children.

True. We are like that guy yelling "FIX IT!", we don't want to be bothered with details, or told we need to make tough choices. We just want it fixed, now!