[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Brady's "slide"

Shorttynaz

When it happened, they showed the replay a few times. I think this was 100% intentional. I've seen some ugly slides (Peyton Manning had a few this season) but c'mon man. You don't slide with your leg 2 and a half feet in the air. And as his foot got closer to Reed's junk, his foot went up more, not down as it naturally would have. This was 100% intentional.

There's a good shot of it here. Look at Brady's eyes - he's not only aiming for Reed's junk with his foot, his eyes are locked in on his target.

These guys make is SO easy to root against them.

http://cbssports.com...d_Bull_Crap.jpg

http://www.washingto...bradyslide1.jpg

Edited by Shorttynaz

Thought the same thing when I saw it with the naked eye, no replays, slow mo or other angles needed.

If this was Suh people would be calling for a lifetime ban, but Goldilocks can apparently do no wrong.

The difference is that Such has shredded any benefit of the doubt he once might have had.

that slide was total bs and not only did i think he was going to kick pollard's junk but i also thought he might tear up his knee.

Maybe I'm missing something... are there actually people arguing it was NOT intentional?

Nope I said earlier I thought it was dirty, but was refuting that he's subject to a double standard as for league discipline (or rather that suh lost the benefit of the doubt most players (should) get)

Nope I said earlier I thought it was dirty, but was refuting that he's subject to a double standard as for league discipline (or rather that suh lost the benefit of the doubt most players (should) get)

OK... but was really aligning my comment with the OP. I mean, wasn't it pretty obvious? And didn't Brady apologize publicly?

Oh, and he's lucky he didn't blow his knee out.

Since you have to get written permission to hit a qb these days I guess he was feeling his oats. In the old days the following play would have resulted in him missing a few pretty teeth

• Like 1

When it happened, they showed the replay a few times. I think this was 100% intentional. I've seen some ugly slides (Peyton Manning had a few this season) but c'mon man. You don't slide with your leg 2 and a half feet in the air. And as his foot got closer to Pollard's junk, his foot went up more, not down as it naturally would have. This was 100% intentional.

There's a good shot of it here. Look at Brady's eyes - he's not only aiming for Pollard's junk with his foot, his eyes are locked in on his target.

These guys make is SO easy to root against them.

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/Tom_Brady_Slide_Ed_Reed_Bernard_Pollard_Bull_Crap.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/files/2013/01/bradyslide1.jpg

Reeds junk actually not pollard

OK... but was really aligning my comment with the OP. I mean, wasn't it pretty obvious? And didn't Brady apologize publicly?

Oh, and he's lucky he didn't blow his knee out.

I'm sure some Pats fans would argue it wasn't intentional. The refs obviously thought it wasn't intentinoal since there was no penalty.

Would have served him right if he blew out his knee.

Hadn't heard about the apology, but found it here which also says that the NFL is taking a look at

"Any play of that nature is routinely reviewed," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told the AP.

PS I was mostly having fun with the Suh part before, just that to me this looked more intentional, yet I wasn't hearing much about it. Where with Suh it was an immediate clamor to punish him. (Yes I understand his past history of dirty play has made him a target and he lost the benefit of doubt.)

Edited by stevegrab

There is talk of moving Tom Brady to re-haul the Pats roster. This brings Ryan Mallet (not a fan) into the picture. Wow...I don't think this ever happens but it's something to talk about I guess.

I don't see the point of perpetuating rumors that have 0% chance of ever happening.

I don't see the point of perpetuating rumors that have 0% chance of ever happening.

Yep, just for the hell of it, I googled "Tom Brady trade rumors". Nothing at all. Discussions about whether or not they'd resign Welker and Brady getting his back was the only thing close.

Nothing, nada. Oh, and the Pats are like 18 million under the cap, so it's not as if they'd even be in a position where they'd need to.

Taz? Where was this "talk" you heard of? At some bar?

Yep, just for the hell of it, I googled "Tom Brady trade rumors". Nothing at all. Discussions about whether or not they'd resign Welker and Brady getting his back was the only thing close.

Nothing, nada. Oh, and the Pats are like 18 million under the cap, so it's not as if they'd even be in a position where they'd need to.

:shrug: Perhaps he photocopied his "get out of jail free card" and will use it here like he did in the other thread so he doesn't have to back up his diarrhea of the mouth.

I saw a couple of articles asking if anyone would trade Brady for a chance at Andrew Luck or RG III back in April, but that was it. I'm pretty sure the answer was a resounding "WT F are you thinking?"

I saw a couple of articles asking if anyone would trade Brady for a chance at Andrew Luck or RG III back in April, but that was it. I'm pretty sure the answer was a resounding "WT F are you thinking?"

I saw some discussions from back in 2009 too, including a

of some analysts talking about it. This was after Cassell took over the year Brady was injured. Warren Moon was the one who was bringing up the point.

But yeah, now, no way no reason, no how.

Taz? Where was this "talk" you heard of? At some bar? Twitter?

answered