[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arthur Blank threatening to leave Atlanta

rajncajn

I recall some guys on the radio expounding on the utter badassery of the octopus - it is seriously one serious mofo of a fish.

Doesn't mean anyone is going to call its team the Miami Octopi anytime soon.

I dunno, you could sell the chives out of some shirts and hats that say Octopusses.

Edited by CaptainHook

Of course you do...lol Got an extra $$$1 Billion??? Spanos needs it. You pay it and we all can enjoy the Chargers for another 10/15 years or so until that is not enough either..

Chargers are not going anywhere. It's part of the deal the brought us Mike McCoy...trust me.

Chargers are not going anywhere. It's part of the deal the brought us Mike McCoy...trust me.

Your love for the Chargers will not hold them here. What will is a new multi-billion dollar stadium. Where is that stadium in San Diego? If it has to go to a vote before the citizens, and it does, we are many years away from it's fruition if it ever passes the smell test. I would vote for it and you would too. A lot of San Diegans won't. They think billionaires should foot their own bill to make even more billions. I really can't blame them seeing as we as a city can't even pay to have our roads patched.

Your love for the Chargers will not hold them here. What will is a new multi-billion dollar stadium. Where is that stadium in San Diego? If it has to go to a vote before the citizens, and it does, we are many years away from it's fruition if it ever passes the smell test. I would vote for it and you would too. A lot of San Diegans won't. They think billionaires should foot their own bill to make even more billions. I really can't blame them seeing as we as a city can't even pay to have our roads patched.

News Breaker!!! Remember the power plant in Chula Vista on L off the 5north? Yeah...it was THE major stumbling block for a stadium build. It just got imploded today. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

News Breaker!!! Remember the power plant in Chula Vista on L off the 5north? Yeah...it was THE major stumbling block for a stadium build. It just got imploded today. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

It's going to be a park. NOT Chargers park mind you. Chula Vista already turned down the Chargers plan last year. If a new one is in place I am unaware.

It's going to be a park. NOT Chargers park mind you. Chula Vista already turned down the Chargers plan last year. If a new one is in place I am unaware.

That was the major stumbling block. A park? lmao..really? Why the hell do we need a park in Chula vista?

• 1 month later...

Looks like the stadium deal is agreed upon and Blank and Goodell will get their palace.

But I'm not really that peeved about it anymore since I found out that the stadium will only be funded through hotel taxes. Now I'm only annoyed it will be all that money for freaking sunroof.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

L.A. anything just doesn't sound right. Except the Rams.

I remember when I learned that I would be going to San Diego for boot camp. I was so excited cause the Rams were just an hour drive away. Then that bitch Georgia Frontiere (RIP) moved them to St.Louis the following year. I was heartbroken..then I discovered Chargers :lol: Alls well that ends well!!

• 5 weeks later...

It's smart the Falcons didn't try to hit up the residents of Atlanta to help fund the new stadium. They wouldn't have gone for it. Atlanta has some of the worst fans in the country. They are very apathetic about their pro sports teams. Even when the Braves make the playoffs, they rarely sell out. Georgia Bulldogs football rules the state. Now if UGA wanted a new stadium, I think practically every resident of Georgia would line up to help pay for it.