[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ed Reed

rajncajn

This is who should have been getting all of the attention, this is who the Ravens should have been trying to win a Superbowl for and this is who I hope is playing for his favorite team next season.

It's a very long read, but very well worth it. :clap:

Ed Reed, hiding in plain sight

Some say this is Ray Lewis' team. Others know better.

Updated: January 29, 2013, 3:33 PM ETBy Kevin Van Valkenburg | ESPN.com

NEW ORLEANS -- What would you say if I told you the most important player on the Baltimore Ravens this year, the man whose leadership stitched his team back together in a moment of crisis, wasn't the guy you see gyrating and thumping his chest in front of all the cameras?

What if I questioned the narrative that's been drilled into your brain for so many years, the notion that this is Ray Lewis' team and it's his leadership that inspires and focuses the Ravens above all else? What if Lewis' alpha-male personality, his ceaseless energy and his booming, sermonizing pregame speeches were only part of the equation? Could I convince you there's another player on the Ravens who's been just as important, just as influential, in this year's Super Bowl run, if not more so?

I am glad you posted this. Ed Reed is one of those Ronnie Lott type players who really do care about the team and not the camera. Stabby Stab

I was thinking about my loathe for Stabby Stab and when I realized that this may have been Reed's last game, it took the sting out of the Ravens winning (since I wasn't really that invested with either team winning in the first place).

I would have rather had a good reason to pull for the 9ers that a bad reason to hope for a Ravens loss. In retrospect, This is a good reason to be happy for the team's victory. They played well and definately earned it.

Reed getting a pick and having an important part of the outcome was satisfying, especially after watching Stabby Stab wiff on tackle after tackle.

I also like watching Ray Rice run. He just runs with anger and is fun to watch as well.

the two players I was most happy for yesterday were Ed Reed and Anquan Boldin. Reed in particular, because IMO he is the best safety to play the game. every time I watch him I remember and rue the day the broncos drafted Ashley Lelie while Ed was still on the board.

Saints took Donte' Stallworth with him still on the board and Ravens got him one pick before the Saints took Charles Grant.

Ed Reed is the best safety of his generation and arguably the best of all time. As the NFL transformed to a pass-first league that featured athletic TEs, Reed made the transition seamlessly. Reed's ability to lower the boom, pass defend, and uncanny ability for INTs and returns made him the prototypical safety. I would rank him as one of my top-5 favorite players of all time.