[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jacksonville Jaguars changing their logo

Shorttynaz

Looks more real to me than the old version. Not a huge change but I'd call it an improvement.

DOG, I'd say the old version looks cartoony and artificial. The new one looks more like an accurate picture of a big cat, with real looking teeth, tongue and whiskers.

Looks more real to me than the old version. Not a huge change but I'd call it an improvement.

DOG, I'd say the old version looks cartoony and artificial. The new one looks more like an accurate picture of a big cat, with real looking teeth, tongue and whiskers.

Maybe cartoony was the wrong word, but that's exactly what I think is wrong with it, it's far too detailed for a logo (not to mention that yes, it's going to look somewhat cartoony to make a real-looking jaguar with teal tongue. nose and eyes).

I mean, if the Falcons were to go to another logo, I wouldn't want some realistic falcon, I'd like something more like the simple hieroglyphic bird they used to have.

Not that I'm that crazy about the Jag's old logo, but I'll take that all day over the new one that is detailed to the point that it looks cheesy and not on par with professional looking logos (KISS = Keep it simple stupid).

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Yeah, that teal tongue is so... accurate. :rolleyes::hscratch:

I dunno, maybe some things are better left unsimplified. It looks like a tramp stamp

Well, there's the theory of "why mess with success?"....then you look at the Dolphins record over the past 20-ish yrs and go "hmm, can't hurt."

:lol: I was kinda thinking the same thing... looks like a tat..

But tats are cool no? I mean so many young people and players have them, why not cater to that crowd.

Yeah, that teal tongue is so... accurate. :rolleyes::hscratch:

I wasn't talking about the colors, they are going to use the team colors no matter what, but the shapes are more accurate. Note I didn't say "better", the whole point was in response to DOG's "cartoony" comment. It appears that what he prefers is less accurate drawings, more simple in nature.

I don't know why teams feel the need to change these things regularly, classic designs are fine. But I guess its part of the whole staying fresh & cool and appealing to young people (that spend a lot of the money on sports gear). Thankfully I don't have to worry much about the Browns changing the logo. I saw a discussion from when Haslam bought the club and possibility of adding a logo to the helmet, that had this picture

click then scroll down to #1

along with the text

"For years, the great paradox of the Browns helmet was that—by not having a logo—the helmet itself BECAME the logo. And that, my friends, is why I have devised the perfect solution for those who believe in the tradition of the orange helmets AND the need for a new logo. I give you… the Browns Helmet Helmet."

Edited by stevegrab