[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting a Twitter league..I'm in over my head

tazinib1

So the other day I threw out a tweet about a FF league. I have some responses of the like I am kind of dumbfounded by. So far I have:

Charlie Sheen

Meatloaf

Arian Foster

Albert Breer

Bojami Jones (spell check)

Ocho Cinco

David Dorey (yes..our beloved DD)

Deion Sanders

Charlie Sheen keeps demanding a $500 buy in...about ready to kick his ass out.

My question, fellow FF players, is this: I've never commished a league before. What do I do? Where should I go? (thinking MFL here). How much buy in? Who is the treasurer?? All that kind of stuff I need to know. And Henry Muto, if you are reading, you need to join.,

Known Taz for years upon years. Back to fanball with 2v. A good friend.

The new delusion where Taz believes he is a legitimate part of the NFL reporting media is one of the best stories yet. This is chivesing classic.

What on earth gave you that assumption? Because I twitt?YOU my friend, are delusional.

:rofl:

Yes, this was after reading your tweets and then seeing you post this thread. :rofl:

Taz, I like you, but, you've got to stop. You posted on Facebook that Larry Fitzgerald was following you. I took a quick look at your twitter and saw that some random dude with a Larry Fitzgerald jersey as his picture. I called you out on it and you deleted the post.

I just did a quick look at your twitter and saw that you posted tweets to Charlie Sheen & Chad Johnson asking if they are interested in joining a fantasy league. Neither responded.

Edited by Menudo

:rofl:

Yes, this was after reading your tweets and then seeing you post this thread. :rofl:

Taz, I like you, but, you've got to stop. You posted on Facebook that Larry Fitzgerald was following you. I took a quick look at your twitter and saw that some random dude with a Larry Fitzgerald jersey as his picture. I called you out on it and you deleted the post.

I just did a quick look at your twitter and saw that you posted tweets to Charlie Sheen & Chad Johnson asking if they are interested in joining a fantasy league. Neither responded.

The Fitz thing was pretty funny. I was knew to twitter then and it turned out to be some dude named Larry Johnson :lol:

And yes, I have personal tweets from all the above except Aikman..I made that up..made you laugh though right? Doesn;t look like I will get 16 people though..half way there. David has agreed to be commish, I guess you can ask him? If I do get this up and running, I'd like you to come back to this thread and eat some crow. Bring the hot sauce.

The Fitz thing was pretty funny. I was knew to twitter then and it turned out to be some dude named Larry Johnson :lol:

And yes, I have personal tweets from all the above except Aikman..I made that up..made you laugh though right? Doesn;t look like I will get 16 people though..half way there. David has agreed to be commish, I guess you can ask him? If I do get this up and running, I'd like you to come back to this thread and eat some crow. Bring the hot sauce.

David might be able to get a league like that together, and include you, but, I can follow your tweets, and none of the people you listed even responded to your tweets to them.

David might be able to get a league like that together, and include you, but, I can follow your tweets, and none of the people you listed even responded to your tweets to them.

So is twitter all public viewing then? Or are there also private messages like on facebook? Could taz have been privately contacted?

I dont "tweet", but that might explain the disconnect. . . .well, that and Jaegermeister

Here's the problem. You admit to making up some of the stuff that you've been posting, which essentially takes away (or at least taints) any credibility that you may have had. So, even if you HAVE been corresponding with a celebrity or two, nobody is going to believe it. They just assume you're making it up.

Doesn't really matter to me... I don't do the Twitter thing, and I'm in too many leagues as it is. But, from the outside looking in, that's where the issue lies. Once you admit to being less than 100% truthful about something, your credibility is compromised pretty much indefinitely (and it's very hard to gain even some of that back).

Taz, another way of looking at it is this... If you do genuinely believe that you've been contacted by all of the aforementioned celebs, then there's a good chance that you could make an appearance on that "Catfish" show on MTV. The only difference is you're being duped by several people, rather than just one. :)

• Like 2

Jey Leno does twitter, no actually somebody on his staff from the Tonight Show does. I wonder how many celebrities really do all their own tweets, or have some publicist or other person doing it.

Either way this whole thing is pretty humorous, both Taz thinking all these people are really interested in him and his tweet fantasy league and the others tossing bombs at him for misrepresenting this stuff. Like many things in the media, the fact that yall are paying attention to Taz in the first place means something.