[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Terrell Suggs moved to LB at Rotoworld

Tford

• 2 weeks later...

We moved him to LB a few years ago in our MFL League. He has been listed as an LB for several years by the Ravens.

Ravens did that to try and franchise him as a LB because it was cheaper than a DE tag...I did a study based on player participation a few yrs ago (post might be around here still) and it showed that Suggs actually played more snaps on the DL

actually this is my very first tweet ever(8/10/09): DYK- ~66% of Terrell Suggs snaps played were from a defensive line position

Edited by keggerz

Ravens did that to try and franchise him as a LB because it was cheaper than a DE tag...I did a study based on player participation a few yrs ago (post might be around here still) and it showed that Suggs actually played more snaps on the DL

actually this is my very first tweet ever(8/10/09): DYK- ~66% of Terrell Suggs snaps played were from a defensive line position

While I don't dispute that it is too complicated to look at every 3/4 OLB in the league. Our league scores DE's and LB's differently, skewed to DE so we follow the actual NFL league websites and coaches speak when players are arbitrated.

Not always fair for every player but it is more consistent. No doubt it hurts his value a bit but since he didn't file or win any fight with the team or league and the team calls him a LB due to their base 3/4 scheme he is what he is. He certainly isn't the only one. Ware and Spencer for the Cowboys are probably similar but in most leagues they are LB's.

3/4 defenses are not fun at a Commish level so standardizing the rule of positions at least makes it manageable. Same problem with Mario Williams when Houston switched and could be again this year.

I certainly see both sides of the argument.

Edited by Ice1

• 5 months later...

No doubt it hurts his value a bit but since he didn't file or win any fight with the team or league and the team calls him a LB due to their base 3/4 scheme he is what he is. He certainly isn't the only one. Ware and Spencer for the Cowboys are probably similar but in most leagues they are LB's.

I certainly see both sides of the argument.

I could be wrong, but I think the did dispute it when the Ravens franchised him. I also think he won and was awarded some where between the money a LB and a DE would have received. I didn't look it up but thats how I remember it at least.

• 1 month later...

The league where I have Suggs gives nice scoring for sacks so I am still pretty pleased with his output. He is currently ranked 13th in that league. I had him as a FA last year and nobody bid on him. He cost me nothing to keep and has performed well

He's #16 in the league I own him, which is a surprise.

That said, Robert Mathis (who was subject to the same change) is #11, scoring a point more per week.

Had they put up these numbers as DEs, they'd be the two best. Of course, they probably wouldn't have as many tackles, so gotta take that with a grain of salt.

He's #16 in the league I own him, which is a surprise.

That said, Robert Mathis (who was subject to the same change) is #11, scoring a point more per week.

Had they put up these numbers as DEs, they'd be the two best. Of course, they probably wouldn't have as many tackles, so gotta take that with a grain of salt.

But nothing changed with Suggs scheme wise...they just finally changed his positional designation...Mathis, yeah, he's in a new scheme (effective last year).

But nothing changed with Suggs scheme wise...they just finally changed his positional designation...Mathis, yeah, he's in a new scheme (effective last year).

True, but loss of Lewis opens up the tackle smorgasboard for other Raven defenders. Thought Art Brown would be in the mix, but yeah not so much.

What I want to know is, why did Rotoworld finally change his designation this year? If he is still playing the same position (and presumably still lined up the majority of the time at DE), then why the change now?

Just confusing to me. At least he is still dominating even at the LB listing.

What I want to know is, why did Rotoworld finally change his designation this year? If he is still playing the same position (and presumably still lined up the majority of the time at DE), then why the change now?

Just confusing to me. At least he is still dominating even at the LB listing.

As far as I know, nothing has changed and I have know idea why they finally changed his designation.