[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos WILL win the Superbowl in 2014

Shorttynaz

http://msn.foxsports...wl-title-030513

"On Monday, Miller tweeted: 'You can post this where ever.. Denver broncos will win the Super Bowl' in the 2013 season."

This guy needs to shut his hole - and remember who his QB is. Manning can't win in the playoff's. D00$HE

Edited by Shorttynaz

http://msn.foxsports...wl-title-030513

"On Monday, Miller tweeted: 'You can post this where ever.. Denver broncos will win the Super Bowl' in the 2013 season."

This guy needs to shut his hole - and remember who his QB is. Manning can't win in the playoff's. D00$HE

LINK (please click and read the entire article)

Peyton Manning lost another playoff game. Starting as a common quarterback narrative, the story has breathed too many years without more Super Bowl success to dispel, because we all know the “NFL For Dummies” handbook says to judge a quarterback based on championships won in the ultimate team sport.

So when Manning loses a playoff game, the popular thing to do is bash his reputation as a postseason quarterback, bash his losing playoff record (9-11), and call him a choker. The latest loss was probably the most painful one yet, and it gives Manning 11 playoff losses (tied with Brett Favre for record) and eight one-and-done postseason’s (another record).

But when someone throws that last fact out, they clearly do not realize what they are criticizing. If you want to bash the Colts and No. 1 seed 2012 Broncos for losing these games, five of them at home (by a combined 14 points), as a team, then feel free. They probably should have won at least 5-6 of them.

Though if you are bashing Manning based on his performances, then you need your head examined. Which other QB in NFL history could possibly produce these numbers and go 0-8 in the process without getting royally screwed over by his teammates and various other factors in a way no player ever has?

This is what you are knocking when you throw out the eight one-and-done seasons and 0-8 record:...

Led in final 0:40 of fourth quarter four times....

Edited by keggerz

Led in final 0:40 of fourth quarter four times....

First of all - I guess I haven't posted enough here for everyone to get my sarcasm. I'm a Colts homer and a Manning fan for life. I was being sarcastic when I said he can't win in the playoff's.

But then you posted the stat that he was leading in the final 0:40 of the fourth quarter four times, it got me thinking. (This isn't directed at you as I don't believe you wrote that article).

How many of those games did he give away by throwing a bonehead interception like he did to end the Bronco's playoff hopes this past year.. He gave the superbowl to New Orleans when he threw a pass to Tracy Porter. I remember the Jets, Patriots, and Chargers ending the Colts season a few years back on some Manning interceptions. He's gonna go down as the best ever regualr season QB, but very shaky in the postseason - fortunately he has a piece of hardware to show something for all his hard work - but face it - the dude isn't a very good postseason QB.

That article doesn't really say a lot to me. This is by far one of the dumbest statements I think I've ever read when someone is reaching to make a point. "This is what you are knocking when you throw out the eight one-and-done seasons and 0-8 record". Really?? Take out the 8 bad postseason's he had, and lets focus on the 4 where he actually won a postseason game. So, the article to me seems like it's trying to omit 66% of Manning's "bad" postseasons, and focus on 33% of the "good" ones??

7 of those 8 one and dones were lost by LESS than a touchdown, and 6 of those 8 he threw for only 1 TD or less. The article then starts to point the finger at teammates and blaming them for losses. Had Manning put the team on his back instead of making bad decisions and poor throws - this article wouldn't be necessary.

Now lets look at one of the greatest postseason QB's in Brady. How many one and done's has he had? Two. Has he had teammates that have made bonehead plays and cost him games, yep. Instead of giving in to the pressure, he puts the team on his back and puts them in position to win the game, not cost his team the game. The more impressive thing is look at the talent Brady had around him compared to the talent Manning had. Manning's always had better weapons, yet he produces less. Manning had Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Clark. I know Brady had Moss and Welker a couple of years, but he never won a SB with them. Instead he won with Troy Brown, David Patten, and David Givens. Brown was pretty solid, but it's not even close - Manning had way better weapons to work with.

I don't know - not sure I even know the reason I'm posting this - just saying as much of a fan of Manning as I am, I'm not sure if I were building a team to win 4 playoff games I'd build around Manning. Hell, if I were building a team that I needed to win just 2 playoff games I'm not sure I'd build around Manning. He's just not cut out for the pressure - he proved that back in his Tennessee Volunteer days..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Manning may have had better weapons to work with on offense, but Brady had a much better defense and a far superior head coach.

The best line for me in that article is this

Starting as a common quarterback narrative, the story has breathed too many years without more Super Bowl success to dispel, because we all know the “NFL For Dummies” handbook says to judge a quarterback based on championships won in the ultimate team sport.

It is a team sport, no one player should be given credit or blame for the results, but QBs get that, as if its an official stat like W-L for pitchers in baseball. It absurd and needs to stop.

First of all - I guess I haven't posted enough here for everyone to get my sarcasm. I'm a Colts homer and a Manning fan for life. I was being sarcastic when I said he can't win in the playoff's.

But then you posted the stat that he was leading in the final 0:40 of the fourth quarter four times, it got me thinking. (This isn't directed at you as I don't believe you wrote that article).

How many of those games did he give away by throwing a bonehead interception like he did to end the Bronco's playoff hopes this past year.. He gave the superbowl to New Orleans when he threw a pass to Tracy Porter. I remember the Jets, Patriots, and Chargers ending the Colts season a few years back on some Manning interceptions. He's gonna go down as the best ever regualr season QB, but very shaky in the postseason - fortunately he has a piece of hardware to show something for all his hard work - but face it - the dude isn't a very good postseason QB.

That article doesn't really say a lot to me. This is by far one of the dumbest statements I think I've ever read when someone is reaching to make a point. "This is what you are knocking when you throw out the eight one-and-done seasons and 0-8 record". Really?? Take out the 8 bad postseason's he had, and lets focus on the 4 where he actually won a postseason game. So, the article to me seems like it's trying to omit 66% of Manning's "bad" postseasons, and focus on 33% of the "good" ones??

7 of those 8 one and dones were lost by LESS than a touchdown, and 6 of those 8 he threw for only 1 TD or less. The article then starts to point the finger at teammates and blaming them for losses. Had Manning put the team on his back instead of making bad decisions and poor throws - this article wouldn't be necessary.

Now lets look at one of the greatest postseason QB's in Brady. How many one and done's has he had? Two. Has he had teammates that have made bonehead plays and cost him games, yep. Instead of giving in to the pressure, he puts the team on his back and puts them in position to win the game, not cost his team the game. The more impressive thing is look at the talent Brady had around him compared to the talent Manning had. Manning's always had better weapons, yet he produces less. Manning had Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Clark. I know Brady had Moss and Welker a couple of years, but he never won a SB with them. Instead he won with Troy Brown, David Patten, and David Givens. Brown was pretty solid, but it's not even close - Manning had way better weapons to work with.

I don't know - not sure I even know the reason I'm posting this - just saying as much of a fan of Manning as I am, I'm not sure if I were building a team to win 4 playoff games I'd build around Manning. Hell, if I were building a team that I needed to win just 2 playoff games I'm not sure I'd build around Manning. He's just not cut out for the pressure - he proved that back in his Tennessee Volunteer days..

I didn't realize it was sarcasm on your part and I did not write that article.