[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens trade Boldin to 49ers

Trots

For a 6th rounder? You have to be thrilled as a 49er fan. They can still get a guy in the draft if they want. Nobody in the 6th is giving you the production and sure hands of Bolden.

....edited while you were posting.

• Like 1

What I like about this is that when you add Boldin to the mix of V Davis and M Crabtree it complements the 9ers quite well assuming the new kid on the block (Jenkins) can provide any consistentcy as a down field threat. I think this all hinges on how far along Jenkins has come because otherwise the 9ers will just have another big, slow, hands guy (like Crabtree).

Edited by Pancake

I thought the Ravens would work out something with Boldin. He came up huge in the playoffs.

Flacco is going to miss him.

Maybe Flacco should have cut a check to Boldin for a few million to keep him on the team.

I thought the Ravens would work out something with Boldin. He came up huge in the playoffs.

Flacco is going to miss him.

Maybe Flacco should have cut a check to Boldin for a few million to keep him on the team.

agreed

just some quick stats over 10 years:

- 5 seasons with 1000 yds (none with bal)

- 2 seasons with 100 rec

- 4 seasons under 70 rec

- 1 season with double digit tds

- 5 seasons with 4 or less

Edited by Bier Meister

49ers better run like they stole something!

Seriously. Don't they have like 14 or 15 picks in this year's draft? And to give up only a 6th rounder for someone like Boldin. Dude's not gonna stretch the field, but he can catch the ball with two defenders on him - and then drag them 5 yards after the catch.

When Flacco signed his new deal it created more cap space, not less.

That's not possible. He was a free agent. I'm guessing his cap hit this year is more than $0.

Edited by CaptainHook

That's not possible. He was a free agent. I'm guessing his cap hit this year is more than $0.

vs being franchised which is what would have happened.

ZERO $ was never in play...it was the FT $ or what his new deal ended up as.

vs being franchised which is what would have happened.

ZERO $ was never in play...it was the FT $ or what his new deal ended up as.

So you don't think Flacco's contract had any bearing on what they were willing to pay Boldin?

So you don't think Flacco's contract had any bearing on what they were willing to pay Boldin?

no, none at all...what they have to pay all their other FAs did...that and very probably the emergence of Pitta...Joe's new contract, while hard to believe was one of the best things that happened for the Ravens cap and resigning players this year.

EDIT: Had the Ravens used the FT on Flacco he would have cost them $14.6 million against the cap. With his new deal he only costs $6.8 million

Edited by keggerz

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall during the Big Harbaugh Dinner Party at mom and dad's house. "Hey, Jimbo. Boldin sure would look nice in red next year. Not sure we will be able to keep 'em around with the cap issues we are facing. I'd hate to drop him and just let em walk to a contender of ours." "Why thanks big brother. It's the least you can do for me after all we have been through. I'll toss ya a 6th rounder so that it looks like a "trade" ".

Something tells me this was more of a "favor" than a trade....

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall during the Big Harbaugh Dinner Party at mom and dad's house. "Hey, Jimbo. Boldin sure would look nice in red next year. Not sure we will be able to keep 'em around with the cap issues we are facing. I'd hate to drop him and just let em walk to a contender of ours." "Why thanks big brother. It's the least you can do for me after all we have been through. I'll toss ya a 6th rounder so that it looks like a "trade" ".

Something tells me this was more of a "favor" than a trade....

Ny head hurts now.