[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dolphins have new team logo

Wolverines Fan

Like most uniform/logo changes.......lame. Yep just another bow to the almighty dollar - now kids (or adults who never grew up) will rush out to buy so they can be "cool" with the new stuff instead of being "so yesterday."

Agreed. The old one was better. However, both suck.

In fairness, it is probably a challenge to make a Dolphin look cool to more than a 12 year old girl. It has to be maybe the least intimidating fish in the ocean. I can't think of any other NFL mascot that is also served in sushi.

In fairness, it is probably a challenge to make a Dolphin look cool to more than a 12 year old girl. It has to be maybe the least intimidating fish in the ocean. I can't think of any other NFL mascot that is also served in sushi.

or aquatic mammal

All the more reason to leave the at least moderately tough-looking one which at least had a football helmet on instead of something that does in fact look like something you'd see on a necklace that daddy bought his little girl at Disney. This change-for-the-sake-of-change BS needs to stop. Lions and Seahawks new ones suck too.

As for a Dolphin's place in the ocean, you realize a dolphin can kick a shark's butt right? Stop watching re-runs of Flipper. Also you need a severe upgrade of sushi joints you go to.

:shades:

Edited by BeeR
  • Like 1

In all fairness, being an ex Navy man, there isn't a fish in the pond I would not have by my side other than a Dolphin. They are bad ass

We always considered it good luck when you spotted the dolphins partying in the ship's wake.

• Like 1

As for a Dolphin's place in the ocean, you realize a dolphin can kick a shark's butt right? Stop watching re-runs of Flipper. Also you need a severe upgrade of sushi joints you go to.

True but then again but it is way harder to find a place that will allow a group of pre-teen girls to get into a pool with a bull shark and ride around holding onto his dorsal fin. Dolphins are smart and all, but I still contend they don't exactly strike fear into anyone. And the last (only) time I ate sushi was about 20 years ago. They had no chopped BBQ beef sushi or even bacon sushi so I never went back.

lol

Yeah it's true, scary they aren't, but so what? I'm tired of every ball club's mascot having to be "tough" or nasty nowdays. I'm glad a lot of the team names came about in better days or we wouldn't have names like the Packers, Browns etc.

But don't you dare name a team the Bullets! That's TOO rough. It would make kids wanna shoot people. :wacko:

• Like 1