[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2013 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft - Post Free Agency (Commentary ONLY)...

irish

Welcome to all those who have offered up their time and effort to participate in this year's 2nd NFL Mock Draft, along with those wanting to follow along!! This should be a lot of fun watching fellow Huddlers play GM for their Homer teams after the free agent signing frenzy died down. I also wanted to add that if any Huddler would still like to be a part and have their opinion/voice heard when their Homer teams' pick comes up, feel free to PM me or the Huddler listed with the specific team below. Please keep all selections in this thread only, as the other thread is for just the commentary. I basically just assigned everyone from the last draft to this one except that fagadouche electricrelish. I switched darin3 and Wolverines Fan, allowing WF to pick for the Bears this time around and darin the Vikes. I also gave BeeR the Broncos as MorningMud stepped down as he could go into labor any day now. Picks can be submitted at any time, however, the official start with a 12-hour window per pick will be on Monday, April 1st @ 8 AM. This thread is for commentary only.

Thanks. : )

JAX will surprise many who will go "oh no way" (etc etc) and I agree odds are they would not pass on Floyd but they probably should as they have absolutely nothing at CB and Milliner is the top CB by far, and on paper at least a pro bowler for years to come (just pretend that's still meaningful, you know what I mean). In a division with the passing attacks of the Texans and even Colts, and perhaps even the up n coming Locker, they cannot pass on this guy. DL is deeper than CB this year by far so they can more likely grab DL in the 2d if they want.

Edited by BeeR

Considered Warmack, considered Jarvis Jones again, wanted badly to draft Floyd. Again, if this is a real thing, I'm trading out at pretty much any cost. As is, went with the biggest impact player out there. Taking on a bit of a character risk, he's had some knucklehead moments, but he's a complete player that does wonders for a 3-4 defense. He can line up pretty much anywhere, he can get after the run no matter where he lines up, and he's shown some potential as a pass rusher.

Perhaps not, but mocks are about curveballs. If a team is dead set on seeing Ogletree at 12, they have another think coming. Because if I'm thinking it others are too, and if others are thinking it, one of them will eventually pull it. Go check that last mock out, there are much bigger debatable picks being thrown out.

Besides, have you seen the guy play? He's a freaking animal. If he got 10 sacks last year they would be comparing him to LT coming out and he'd be in play at #1. Georgia didn't use him much that way, but he's got the skills to impact the pass rush. I debated between him and Jarvis Jones (who Georgia DID use that way, and has the sack numbers as a result) but since I chose Jones in the last mock, I went with his teammate here.

• Like 1

Perhaps not, but mocks are about curveballs. If a team is dead set on seeing Ogletree at 12, they have another think coming. Because if I'm thinking it others are too, and if others are thinking it, one of them will eventually pull it. Go check that last mock out, there are much bigger debatable picks being thrown out.

Besides, have you seen the guy play? He's a freaking animal. If he got 10 sacks last year they would be comparing him to LT coming out and he'd be in play at #1. Georgia didn't use him much that way, but he's got the skills to impact the pass rush. I debated between him and Jarvis Jones (who Georgia DID use that way, and has the sack numbers as a result) but since I chose Jones in the last mock, I went with his teammate here.

I agree with everything. It's just the questionable decisions the young man has made seems that teams may be a tad leary of him is all. I love the dude! Would love for him to fall in the real draft to 16!

Word has the Dolphins targeting Lane Johnson (now everybody gets on the bandwagon :mad:) and they have the picks to move up to get him. Looks like the Chargers took the gamble and will lose. Not sure I have faith in this new regime at all.

Word has the Dolphins targeting Lane Johnson (now everybody gets on the bandwagon :mad:) and they have the picks to move up to get him. Looks like the Chargers took the gamble and will lose. Not sure I have faith in this new regime at all.

Lane Johnson makes a whole lotta sense with Jake Long signing elsewhere.

Switched from Patterson to Warmack this mock. He'd give us a young fantastic right side for years to come with Cordy Glenn and Eric Wood at center.

Considered Geno Smith AGAIN but went with the sure thing.

I'm wondering if that last regular season win by the Chargers sealed the fate of Norv Turner. Chargers went from the 1.7 to the 1.11 with that win in a year that was a loss. I always hear the players saying they wanted to win one for pride, but I don't think the Chargers will get what they need at 1.11. I'm seriously hoping they trade out of that spot and get a trio of picks they now desperately need after making almost zero moves in FA and letting key players go. Again, I'm beginning to seriously doubt this teams desire in 2012. Looks like they are in complete rebuild mode.

Switched from Patterson to Warmack this mock. He'd give us a young fantastic right side for years to come with Cordy Glenn and Eric Wood at center.

Considered Geno Smith AGAIN but went with the sure thing.

But why let Levitre walk if they just draft another guard? Seems like a wasted pick if you ask me. I think itll be WR or QB. If Smith is there, I personally think they take him.

Because they will take Nassib, Bray, or Manuel in the second.

If they like Geno Smith enough for #8 then AWESOME take him. I hope they do.

Same goes for Patterson, who I mocked there last time.

Warmack probably has a much better ceiling compared to Levitre. But I'm just guessing.

• Like 1

Since Cooper was grabbed, I went with one of the most disruptive and versatile DE's in the draft. The Chargers needs go beyond the OL and they get a true pass rusher in Werner. An immediate starter and impact player.

Edited by tazinib1

The TBB still got the guy I think they should go after from a ceiling perspective. They didn't do anything in free agency to address the pass rush so they have to get an edge guy to pair with McCoy in the middle.

I fundamentally do not understand the mocks (like McShay) that have the Bucs going WR, would be insane in my opinion if they went that route.

• Like 1

I think half these mocks online don't know much more than we do. I've seen some pretty lame picks IMO.

PS but no freakin way does CLE make that pick and rightfully so.

Edited by BeeR

The TBB still got the guy I think they should go after from a ceiling perspective. They didn't do anything in free agency to address the pass rush so they have to get an edge guy to pair with McCoy in the middle.

I fundamentally do not understand the mocks (like McShay) that have the Bucs going WR, would be insane in my opinion if they went that route.

Time to go back to the drawing board for the Skins . . .:lol: Because the Dolphins still need a pass rusher opposite Wake and Ansah fits the bill . . . .

But why let Levitre walk if they just draft another guard? Seems like a wasted pick if you ask me.

Hardly. In fact it's because they let Levitre walk that they badly need one, and to get another stud for a lot less money is a great pick IMO. Good QBs can be had in the 2d.

• Like 1

If this is the way the draft goes down, I think the Rams will trade out of one of their picks. Richardson gives the Rams a talented local boy who can start a rotational type DLine to keep constant pressure on the likes of Kapernick and Wilson as well as the statuesque Carson Palmer in their division. I know safety, offensive weapons, and Oline might be needs but Fisher won't be able to pass on a top 15 talent like Richardson.