[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2013 Draft: predictions (ordinary or out on a limb)

BeeR

Offhand:

- 3 out of first 5 picks are OTs (DET reaches for Johnson out of dire need)

- Geno goes to Jets, somehow (I suspect TB trade of Revis helps). Poor guy.

- no RB picked until Cards in the 2d

- 3 QBs go in the 2d. underrated Glennon goes ahead of several expected to go sooner.

and the shocker:

- Colts DON'T draft a midget "speedy" DL or a safety at all. Polian goes on drinking spree about it.

3 QB's in the 1st.

Bills trade down from 8 with the Cowboys Rams and then back into the late 1st to 25 or so.

Select EJ Manuel or Barkley.

Goodell gets hugged violently by large gentlemen.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

Now I remember why I don't watch. Well that and it's slower than fn baseball, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Your loss. I love watching the draft, but then again maybe it's because we always drink beer and make a competition out of it.

I try to watch the draft every year. Its harder with them splitting it up into three days now though. This year my kid is due same time the draft is...leave it to me to have a draft baby...

If he's born the dayof the first round, you have to name him Goodell.

• Like 1

The more I think about this draft, the more I see a lot of movement in this round, with possibly several of the top teams trying to move down (JAX, AZ, maybe CLE or DET depending on what happens early etc etc). Problem is they'll have to be generous in terms of not asking too much to do it.....

Here's another: capnhook aka the pot won't be able to stop bitching or pounding on my kneecap because I dared to disagree with him and his almighty sources. sniffle

lol

:huh: great comeback :huh:

Edited by CaptainHook

Some of these are researched, some are right from my ass:

Geno Smith to the Eagles.

Arizona gets jammed out the top 3 OTs and settles for D-Line.

Atlanta trades up to the late teens or early 20s for a DE or CB. They don't select an offensive player until round 5 if at all but when they do, it's a running back. (I hope it's Stepfan Taylor)

STL takes Kenny Vaccaro and a WR in the first round.

The first RB is taken in the 40s, Eddie Lacy. No other RB is selected until the 3rd round where 4 more go. My guess is Bernard, Christine and Bell. Lattimore goes in the 4th or 5th round.

At least 5 DTs are taken in the first round, maybe as many as 7. (Lotulei, Floyd, Richardson, S Williams, one of Jones, Short, Hunt, J Williams, Jenkins or Hankins)

DJ Fluker is taken in the top half of the 1st round.

EJ Manuel is the only other 1st round QB, joining Geno Smith. Ryan Nassib doesn't get past the Bills at 41.

The only ILB/4-3 OLB that is taken in the first round is Alec Ogletree. Teo, Minter, Brown and Bostic are all 2nd round picks.

The Saints will take an OLB from the SEC (Jones or Mingo)

The Chicago Bears will take Tyler Eifert.

Lattimore goes in the 4th or 5th

No way. I'll be surprised if someone doesn't take a flyer in the 2d. Rehab going well and someone will bite in a swing-for-the-fences way.

Teo, Minter, Brown and Bostic are all 2nd round picks.
This is unpossible. "Inside sources" have said so.

I think Austin is the 3d WR taken - at best.

Edited by BeeR

Here's another: capnhook aka the pot won't be able to stop bitching or pounding on my kneecap because I dared to disagree with him and his almighty sources. sniffle

lol

Keep talking jackass. We'll see.

see :rolleyes:

Look Teo is a good player and having him wouldn't be worst choice they could make. But IMO numerous other players avail would easily make more sense for a variety of reasons. Excuse me for daring to disagree with your precious "sources." But hey continue spitting at me with that stellar name-calling thing if it makes you happy.

The more I think about this draft, the more I see a lot of movement in this round, with possibly several of the top teams trying to move down (JAX, AZ, maybe CLE or DET depending on what happens early etc etc). Problem is they'll have to be generous in terms of not asking too much to do it.....

Cards aren't trading down. They're taking either Lane Johnson (If Detroit doesn't) or Chance Warmack (sorry Buffalo).

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they traded down but Johnson makes total sense too. Course that doesn't mean they'll do it. And it's not out of the question for 3 OTs to go before their pick (for ex. to KC, JAX, and DET).

- Geno goes to Jets, somehow (I suspect TB trade of Revis helps). Poor guy.

Not that the trade exactly made this a lock, but looking much more possible now.

Mel kiper looks like a dumb arse while mayock steals the show again with his mad nfl talent eval skills.

Dallas trades up and down while some intern does the same under jerrys table to calm the out of control hard on for one of the top linemen.

We pick a blocking te in the 4th or 5th.

Intern suffers concussion when jerry jumps out of his seat to high five his son. Intern sues for being comcussed.

Dallas drafts well for second year.