[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most Over-Hyped Young RB this Offseason?

WashingtonD

Who's your pony?

David Wilson or Lamar Miller

Wilson Rushed for 358 yards on 71 attempts last year for 4 TDs including a 52 yard TD scamper. He also caught an amazing 4 catches for 34 yards.

Lamar Miller rushed for 250 yards on 51 attempts, logging 1 TD. He dominated the argument in receiving by catching 6 passes in 13 games for 45 yards.

Or someone else who seems to be getting a lot of press this off-season?

I don't get the love for Wilson at all.

About a year ago I thought Pead was going to be the guy but Daryl Richadson sure looked good in spots last season. Of course, I just traded for the kid this morning in a dynasty league so hoping for the best with him. That said, the Rams are probably going to go RBBC this year (including someone they draft, perhaps) and go after a big name in 2014.

If the Rams don't draft a RB in the first few rounds Pead will probably start gaining some steam. I already saw someone projecting Pead for 15+ touches/game.

I presume that is still as the secondary back behind Daryl Richardson? I thought he looked great spelling SJax last year and would be the feature back/workhorse. Wouldn't have expected a lot of opportunity for Pead or another RB drafted high for that purpose.

I don't get the love for Wilson at all.

You don't get it at all? He's about to be the starting RB for the Giants, and was a first round pick last year who had a great year in the return game. I don't think he should be hyped as much as he is, but anyone can see that he's in line to be a valuable guy if he doesn't mess up

• Like 3

I just traded Lamar Miller for RG3 in my $750 FFPC dynasty league this morning.

That makes sense. Seriously. RG3 scored more points in one game than Lamar Miller in the entire season, but someone should trade RG3 for him.

Great deal for you and perfect example of emotional over hype.

To be fair the other guy just traded for RG3 (He gave up Ray Rice for RG3 and Blackmon) and he already had Newton so he didn't need RG3 plus with RG3 coming off a serious injury his stock is down.

Also you must start 2 RB's in the FFPC and getting people to trade you starting RB's in these leauges is really difficult most of the time and now that I have traded away 1 of my starting RB's I am left with Morris, Mendenhall, Stewart and Pead and I have been weak at RB in this league since we drafted the startup in 2010 thanks to Stewart sucking all these years. So for the 1st time ever I thought I had 2 decent starting RB's to open a season in Morris and Miller but now I am back to sucky 2nd RB which is a high price to pay.

QB's like Kaepernick and R-Wilson were picked up off waivers last year I would have sure rather had 1 of them and kept Miller though I was lucky to get Morris off waivers before the season myself.

Easier though to find a half way decent QB (I had Rivers) then it is to try to find a half way decent RB.

To be fair the other guy just traded for RG3 (He gave up Ray Rice for RG3 and Blackmon) and he already had Newton so he didn't need RG3 plus with RG3 coming off a serious injury his stock is down.

Also you must start 2 RB's in the FFPC and getting people to trade you starting RB's in these leauges is really difficult most of the time and now that I have traded away 1 of my starting RB's I am left with Morris, Mendenhall, Stewart and Pead and I have been weak at RB in this league since we drafted the startup in 2010 thanks to Stewart sucking all these years. So for the 1st time ever I thought I had 2 decent starting RB's to open a season in Morris and Miller but now I am back to sucky 2nd RB which is a high price to pay.

QB's like Kaepernick and R-Wilson were picked up off waivers last year I would have sure rather had 1 of them and kept Miller though I was lucky to get Morris off waivers before the season myself.

Easier though to find a half way decent QB (I had Rivers) then it is to try to find a half way decent RB.

so you are saying that in essence that guy traded Ray Rice for Lamar Miller and Justin Blackmon?

He loves Blackmon

Also in the FBG trade forum I have seen Peterson traded for Blackmon + 1.12 in a trade where most people on there consider that a fair deal. Many are super high on Blackmon and are ready to trade guys like Rice or Peterson who have already logged 5-6 years in the NFL.

so you are saying that in essence that guy traded Ray Rice for Lamar Miller and Justin Blackmon?

if you go off of some recent startup dynasty adp data, its like pick 9 for 37/42 and is actually a pretty close deal. While I wouldn't do it, if you were starting a youth movement and expected big things from Miller I could see why someone would trade.

if you go off of some recent startup dynasty adp data, its like pick 9 for 37/42 and is actually a pretty close deal. While I wouldn't do it, if you were starting a youth movement and expected big things from Miller I could see why someone would trade.

For my money, when I am trading a PROVEN stud I have to get something more than potential and question marks...give me one or two of those types and a solid player then I'm dealing, maybe...otherwise I think you have to get more...no matter how much you love "Blackmon". Edited by keggerz

Also in the FBG trade forum I have seen Peterson traded for Blackmon + 1.12 in a trade where most people on there consider that a fair deal. Many are super high on Blackmon and are ready to trade guys like Rice or Peterson who have already logged 5-6 years in the NFL.

Don't ever forget that old saying, the masses are asses

You don't get it at all? He's about to be the starting RB for the Giants, and was a first round pick last year who had a great year in the return game. I don't think he should be hyped as much as he is, but anyone can see that he's in line to be a valuable guy if he doesn't mess up

Meh. I think the Giants' run game screams RBBC.

Great, Wilson put up big return stats. If your league counts them, then yeah maybe Wilson is worth the hype.

I'm inking Andre Brown as the guy to own in terms of NYG RBs.

You got a steal. I'd post what I got for RGIII but I don't like to brag. :ninja:

If the Rams don't draft a RB in the first few rounds Pead will probably start gaining some steam. I already saw someone projecting Pead for 15+ touches/game.

I agree with this assessment. Pead missed all off-season workouts last year due to a late graduation date and got behind and never caught-up. The team wants him to be the man and Richardson the compliment. They'll give him every chance to do that this year, IMO.

• 1 month later...

I just traded Lamar Miller for RG3 in my $750 FFPC dynasty league this morning.

That makes sense. Seriously. RG3 scored more points in one game than Lamar Miller in the entire season, but someone should trade RG3 for him.

Great deal for you and perfect example of emotional over hype.

I actually am regretting this deal right now. Miller is going in the 3rd round and being talked up huge in drafts while RG3 coming off knee injury is just a QB and QB's are deep and is going in the 7th/8th rounds. I could have had 2 young up and coming RBs for my future in Morris and Miller and worried about finding another QB later (I could have drafted Dalton in my rookie/FA draft). Thinking this was a mistake now. Miller could end up being the next big thing.

Jeez, now YOU'RE doing it!

Lamar Miller might be ok as an RB3, but I wouldn't want him as one of my starters. Even Reggie Bush put up five games of 41 yards or less last season, and he's better than Miller.

Griffin was the #5 QB last year even though he missed a coupla games. His rushing stats will probly land him in the top 5 or 6 again, unless you have funky 6 pt TDs or 0.5 pts per completion or something. Once the end of August rolls around and people realize tht Griffin's knee is fine, he won't be available in the 7th/8th rounds any more.

Montee Ball is also getting too much love in the ADP dept.

Edited by Axe Elf

From profootballfocus (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/02/07/beware-of-the-david-wilson-hype/)

What if I told you it took Wilson 11.8 carries to register a run of more than 15 yards but it took Andre Brown only 10.4 carries to do the same, despite being a goal-line back where all eight of Brown’s touchdowns were from within the 2 yard line?

Looking at the season as a whole shows more of the same. Andre Brown had 73 carries while David Wilson had 71. While those are smaller than ideal sample sizes, being similar certainly helps. Brown registered 3.36 yards after contact, which ranked sixth among running backs with 50 or more carries. Wilson had 2.66 yards after contact, which ranked 23rd. Wilson did, however, have a higher elusive rating (ER) than Brown, which measures the ability of a runner past the help of blockers, 39.0 to 35.5.

Someone I know in another league offered this for Miller and was shot down.

Offered Lynch, Morris and TY Hilton for Lamar Miller and '14 1st and he replied "By this time next year that offer will be downright offensive. I wouldn't trade Miller for those duds alone"

I actually am regretting this deal right now. Miller is going in the 3rd round and being talked up huge in drafts while RG3 coming off knee injury is just a QB and QB's are deep and is going in the 7th/8th rounds. I could have had 2 young up and coming RBs for my future in Morris and Miller and worried about finding another QB later (I could have drafted Dalton in my rookie/FA draft). Thinking this was a mistake now. Miller could end up being the next big thing.

As far as trade value goes right now at this moment, it looks like it was a bad trade; however, in-season play, may tell a different story. Getting RGIII is not a ripoff by any means.