[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Draft: comments on picks/trades/etc (as they happen or afterwards)

BeeR

They had an absurd draft. Carradine, Lemonier, Lattimore, Quinton Patton, Eric Reid - I don't know much about the guys they took late, but the first 2/3 is borderline unfair.

:yay::yay:

It's the nice thing about having tons of picks and not many needs.

Carradine and Lattimore were there as late as they were because other teams may have needed guys at those positions to step in right away. But the Niners have J Smith and F Gore, both getting older but still with enough tread left so that they don't need to rush either of those guys back from their injuries.

Edited by detlef

I'll start with a positive: I hope Holloman works out for Dallas. That's a jersey I have to buy (if you know me, you undersand).

That said, mediocre draft for the Cowboys. Pretty much what we expect and get every year. Another 8-8 season on the horizon. One thing I promise I won't do is start biatching on the boards when Dallas screws the pooch (oh my post count will take a hit).

These days losses are not surprising, any win is a blessing. I can't get excited about this team when you look at others like Seattle, San Francisco, and Green Bay (to mention a few in the NFC) and know they are built for success over the long haul. Figure Dallas will wind up third in the NFC East. Meh.

Great draft for the Chargers. They addressed team needs and although some may think they reached a tad in the first, I'm fine with that. Will Teo live up to the hype? Time will tell but if he has even a PINCH of Seau/Merriman in his play making ability, I'll live with that. Keenan Allen in the 3rd was an absolute steal IMO.

Great draft for the Chargers. They addressed team needs and although some may think they reached a tad in the first, I'm fine with that. Will Teo live up to the hype? Time will tell but if he has even a PINCH of Seau/Merriman in his play making ability, I'll live with that. Keenan Allen in the 3rd was an absolute steal IMO.

While I agreed with the droppage of Allen in the WR rankings, getting him in the 3rd was definitely a steal.

As for Te'o, probably the second-best fit after the Vikings (with the big time Notre Dame connections) would be the Chargers. He can be Junior Jr. and SD has a ton of great ghey bars (or so I've heard :unsure: )

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

This is quite funny to read. Alot of hate on Cowboys first pick, which actually played out extremely well. Alot of love for the niners and we see that didn't pan out. Funny how things work out. That's why people shouldn't grade drafts until 2-3 years later.

• Like 1

I was trying to find my posts about this draft in regards to the Colts picks. I'm fairly certain I panned this draft but "trusted Grigson". That's how I stumbled on this thread.

It's three years later and only one member of this draft class is still a Colt. That's pretty terrible.

Edited by CaptainHook

2 of 5 picks are still with the Browns.

Barkevious Mingo who had his 5th year contract declined

Armonty Bryant who is suspended for the first two games this year.

2 of 5 picks are no longer in the NFL

1 has bounced around.

terrible