[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie RB Poll

DMD

Rookie RBs  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which Rookie RB would you take if you had a draft today?

• Giovani Bernard - CIN
    • Montee Ball - DEN
    • Le'Von Bell - PIT
    • Eddie Lacy - GB
    • Christine Michael - SEA

There were no RBs picked in the first round for the first time in 49 years. But then the second round had five and really brought this draft to life (for me anyway).

Which RB at first glance is most interesting to you in a fantasy draft?

I think Lacy is the clear 1.01 in most drafts now.

Because Green Bay has such a great history of running the ball?

I think 1-4 is a cluster f right now

Edit to add I'm being purposely provocative, but I can make an argument for Ball and Bell.

Edited by WashingtonD

1-Ball

2-Lacy

3-Bell

4-Bernard

5-Michael

Based on opportunity. However, Lacy could easily be #1 and Ball #2.

Edited by irish

Would you say the same if the Broncos released Willis McGahee?

They will and it won't matter. I'm looking at Fox's history and refusal to play DeAngelo and then Stewart as rookies and 2nd year players. They only way he's a factor IMO this year is if the OC, Peyton wants him on the field.

• Like 2

1 thing is clear there is not going to be a consensius on #1 pick like there has been in the past few years.

That said take a look at what RB's have been taken in dynasty drafts in the top 5 the last 5 years.

Ingram

Ryan Williams

Dan Thomas

Mathews

Best

Hardesty

Moreno

Wells

Donald Brown

McFadden

Stewart

Mendenhall

Kevin Smith

1 thing is clear there is not going to be a consensius on #1 pick like there has been in the past few years.

That said take a look at what RB's have been taken in dynasty drafts in the top 5 the last 5 years.

Ingram

Ryan Williams

Dan Thomas

Mathews

Best

Hardesty

Moreno

Wells

Donald Brown

McFadden

Stewart

Mendenhall

Kevin Smith

Man that is ugly.

I see lacy/Franklin like Ingram/sproles for the saints

They split opportunities and halve their value, making both very very average. Plus that offensive line and philosophy remain the same. It isn't like they are going to a power running attack.

Ball and bell have the most value for THIS year, IMO.

Bell is the RB I would take first in Dynasty drafts. He has 3-down potential. I had him #1 on board for quite a while. I had Michael rated 2nd. He is high risk pick at this point due to landing spot but could be the man there in a couple of years.

I know the analysts all agreed that the Bernard pick was to get a faster complement for Green-Ellis when the pick was made. From the Cincinnati newspaper:

Where he fits: Definitely the change-of-pace back that the Bengals are looking for. He’s not an every-down back but he is a complementary back.

I'll grant you he seems like a huge upgrade on BGE

As a Bengals fan, I love the Gio Bernard pick. We desperately needed a homerun hitter at RB, and Bernard has a knack for the big play. That being said, I like it more for the team than fantasy. Bernard is going to have to become a better between the tackles runner to be an effective every down back. I could see 50 rec for 500 yds and another 500 on the ground with a handful of TD's. he should also add a spark on special teams.

My pick for the most productive FF back is Bell. I see the Steelers being more balanced this year. I also think he was the best all around 3 down back with Lacy's injury concerns. Bottom line, Den and GB will be throwing the ball more than Pitt.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

As a Bengals fan, I love the Gio Bernard pick. We desperately needed a homerun hitter at RB, and Bernard has a knack for the big play. That being said, I like it more for the team than fantasy. Bernard is going to have to become a better between the tackles runner to be an effective every down back. I could see 50 rec for 500 yds and another 500 on the ground with a handful of TD's. he should also add a spark on special teams.

My pick for the most productive FF back is Bell. I see the Steelers being more balanced this year. I also think he was the best all around 3 down back with Lacy's injury concerns. Bottom line, Den and GB will be throwing the ball more than Pitt.

Problem is, Bell will be competing for Dwyer, Stephens-Howling, Redman and even Batch. Bell's listed as #1 on the depth chart, though, which is certainly promising.

That said, the days of the "featured back" continue to be numbered. I think a guy like Bernard holds a ton of value: obviously a home-run hitting, pass-catching back in a pretty solid offense, behind a RB that has proven he can't handle a full load.

Sure, Bell has a boatload of value... as does Lacy and even Ball. But for my money I'm going with Bernard, especially in today's NFL landscape.

I know the analysts all agreed that the Bernard pick was to get a faster complement for Green-Ellis when the pick was made. From the Cincinnati newspaper:

I'll grant you he seems like a huge upgrade on BGE

That and "COP" is a much bigger % of plays than it used to be.

They will and it won't matter. I'm looking at Fox's history and refusal to play DeAngelo and then Stewart as rookies and 2nd year players. They only way he's a factor IMO this year is if the OC, Peyton wants him on the field.

Difference being though is Elway is the big dog and having a player such as Terrell Davis on the roster is what made the Bronco's a 2 time world champion and the goal is to get in there at least once during the Manning tour so I think they will need to establish a strong running game to keep the ole man healthy.

This kinda reminds me of the Ray Rice/CJ2k draft year. The late 1st RBs in dynasty drafts will be the money, and the obvious top picks aren't so obvious.

+1

for once I'm glad all of my dynasty picks are late in the round