[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peirce Brosnan has a message to my BoTH league teamates

tazinib1

LOL, I couldn't tell if the scripting for Timothy Dalton's Bond was intentionally bad or it was just him.

while i didn't love dalton, i think he suffered a similar fate as brosnan with scripts.

You drafted Kevin Kolb???

Yes Taz, how did you end up with Kevin Kolb? :razz:

For those interested:

I came on to take over Robash's team in LLD in 2010 (I don't think anyone still has any clue what happened to him). The team was pretty solid, but had literally no NFL starting QB.

Landing a starting QB in a 16 team league is pretty tough, so I was exploring fliers too. Shortly after McNabb got traded, pulled the trigger on Kolb from WashingtonD.

Kolb's stock began to skyrocket throughout that offseason, and I started to get really nervous about whether the bust risk was worth the upside in the pass-happy attack in Philly, so I flipped him to Taz for Matt Ryan.

The crazy thing is I could have actually gotten more, but I got laughed at by the league for trading away the next big thing for a homer pick in a run-heavy offense... I think we all know how that turned out...

Edited by delusions of grandeur
  • Like 2

For those interested:

I came on to take over Robash's team in LLD in 2010 (I don't think anyone still has any clue what happened to him). The team was pretty solid, but had literally no NFL starting QB.

Landing a starting QB in a 16 team league is pretty tough, so I was exploring fliers too. Shortly after McNabb got traded, pulled the trigger on Kolb from WashingtonD.

Kolb's stock began to skyrocket throughout that offseason, and I started to get really nervous about whether the bust risk was worth the upside in the pass-happy attack in Philly, so I flipped him to Taz for Matt Ryan.

The crazy thing is I could have actually gotten more, but I got laughed at by the league for trading away the next big thing for a homer pick in a run-heavy offense... I think we all know how that turned out...

Ouch!

For those interested:

Do you remember what the 'more' was you were offered?

Please stop reminding me

Now what's the fun in that? :oops:

Do you remember what the 'more' was you were offered?

I was not offered more, but Kolb's ADP was definitely higher at the time, so it stands to reason I sold him too cheap.

But this is why I don't try to "win" every trade value-wise, and am not afraid to overpay to get a deal done for what I want (we didn't even go back and forth, I just made him an offer he couldn't refuse). It's always a win if you can get players who improve or are a better fit for your team (I had the talent to where I just needed a safe QB, rather than taking a swing for the fences on upside). This is a perfect example of how you just don't know how the trade will pan out, so if you give them a good deal, than at least you don't sour that trade partner, when you gave them what was considered a good deal at the time.

Anyways, sorry to derail your thread Taz, we've all struck out on our fair share of picks and trades. I'm still pouting about how I gave Relish Spiller for peanuts. :bash:

In Live and Let Dy, we are a James Bond themed league. We all voted on who to name the divisions after and Brosnan was snubbed. I was one of the strongest proponents of the snub but of course I did not tell him that :shades:. Upon hearing this on set yesterday, he asked if I wouldn't mind posing with him for a picture and a message to the league mates that voted him out. His message

Really cool guy and didn't have a clue what Fantasy Football was :lol:

:rofl: awesome

If you ever work with Justin Timberlake it would be interesting to see his response to the way we pay homage to him regarding the division in Weapons of DMD that bears his name. :thinking: You have a new mission champ. :smash:

Edited by slambo

:rofl: awesome

If you ever work with Justin Timberlake it would be interesting to see his response to the way we pay homage to him regarding the division in Weapons of DMD that bears his name. :thinking: You have a new mission champ. :smash:

Considering I am defending Champion, maybe I should request a visit with OJ. hmmmm :thinking:

LOL, I couldn't tell if the scripting for Timothy Dalton's Bond was intentionally bad or it was just him. I loved Brasnan in Remington Steele and always thought he'd make a terrific bond, but I guess I'd have to agree that the script was very flat.

+1

• 3 weeks later...

LOL, I couldn't tell if the scripting for Timothy Dalton's Bond was intentionally bad or it was just him. I loved Brasnan in Remington Steele and always thought he'd make a terrific bond, but I guess I'd have to agree that the script was very flat.

I think his best role was in Mrs. Doubtfire

• 1 month later...