[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow

skylive5

Anyone know if ESPN is planning on covering this? At work now, just want to make sure there will still be coverage when I get home.

I am sure that it will be the top topic all day long and even into tomorrow. :lol:

Meh . . .a below average QB got cut . . .nothing to see here

What are you talking about?? There are millions of teenage girls who are now on the brink of a teenage meltdown because of this news. Granted, most of those same teenagers thinks he's also the Quarter receiver.

It's a disgrace how the Jets handled this. Releasing him today? The worst possible day he could have been released? Pathetic. Putting aside his QB play (or lack there of), the kid was a gamer. He showed up and worked his ass off and the Jets basically just screwed him signing with another team. Outrageous...Best bet for him is to go to the CFL and prove the pundits wrong. Or put aside his pride of being a QB and sign on as a FB/TE or anything else that will get him on the field.

It's a disgrace how the Jets handled this. Releasing him today? The worst possible day he could have been released? Pathetic. Putting aside his QB play (or lack there of), the kid was a gamer. He showed up and worked his ass off and the Jets basically just screwed him signing with another team. Outrageous...Best bet for him is to go to the CFL and prove the pundits wrong. Or put aside his pride of being a QB and sign on as a FB/TE or anything else that will get him on the field.

Why not today? They did him a favor by getting him out there as soon as possible after the draft.

Why not today? They did him a favor by getting him out there as soon as possible after the draft.

After every team has addressed there QB situation via FA and the draft? They could have done him a favor releasing him a month ago instead of holding onto a prayer that somebody would deal them a draft pick. Sorry, not only did they not have a plan for him in the first place (which led to heads rolling in NY) they basically screwed this signing worse than I've ever seen a team do in my time.

ETA: Not including the draft (FA,UDFA) up until right before his release this morning, 21 QB's were signed. You tell me where he is gonna get a job now. Jax? For whatever reason, they didn't draft a QB. I highly doubt they went through the draft knowing nobody would deal a late pick for Tebow.

Edited by tazinib1

After every team has addressed there QB situation via FA and the draft? They could have done him a favor releasing him a month ago instead of holding onto a prayer that somebody would deal them a draft pick. Sorry, not only did they not have a plan for him in the first place (which led to heads rolling in NY) they basically screwed this signing worse than I've ever seen a team do in my time.

ETA: Not including the draft (FA,UDFA) up until right before his release this morning, 21 QB's were signed. You tell me where he is gonna get a job now. Jax? For whatever reason, they didn't draft a QB. I highly doubt they went through the draft knowing nobody would deal a late pick for Tebow.

Of all the teams that signed/drafted QBs up to this point, how many would have signed Tebow instead if he had been cut at the beginning of the FA period?

I guess we'll never know will we?

No, but if you could offer some idea of who you thought would have taken him had he been released sooner it might give some credibility to your statement that the Jets picked the worst time to cut him. You appear to think there were teams that would have signed him if he were available, but won't now because they drafted or signed other free agent, or otherwise eliminated their need for QB help.

Maybe you're just trying to stir controversy and get people to post and don't really have a point with this "poor Tebow" perspective.

:lol: what? I could give you 5 teams and they could all be wrong. It's all speculative. Stirring up controversy? WTF are you talking about. Dude...you need to cut down on the sugar with your Cherrios in the morning. I expressed my opinion, you are very welcome to counter that opinion. "Poor Tebow"??? You've totally shot an airball with that statement my friend.

ETA: Just turned on Mike and Mike in the morning on ESPN and they pretty much just echoed what I said previously. I'm not a Tebow lover by any stretch, but I've never seen a team screw a player over more than the Jets did Tebow. From the get go, it was a circus. Just ridiculous how the brass/coaches handled the entire the situation.

On that note, it is a business and its not always glamorous. Trying to get eek out SOMETHING for Tebow is understandable. And I'm not on the Tebow sob wagon, but again, I believe its one of the ugliest handling of a player in recent memory.

Edited by tazinib1

These guys are grown-ass men. They are all gamers, they all work their ass off. Tebow deserves nothing more than any others of them do. The Jets aren't going to cut him when it's convenient for him, they are going to do it when they are 100% sure they have their bases covered. What if Geno Smith didn't fall to them in the 2nd? What if someone called them during the draft wanting to give them a pick for Sanchez?

He's a big boy - he'll bounce back from this, he'll work his ass off again, and he'll end up wherever he's meant to.

Well as long as some blowhards on the radio agree with you Taz, that makes your statement right. :okay:

Tebow should have quit the NFL rather than allow himself to be traded to that train wreck team. The Jets are doing what is right for them, not him.

Well as long as some blowhards on the radio agree with you Taz, that makes your statement right. :okay:

Tebow should have quit the NFL rather than allow himself to be traded to that train wreck team. The Jets are doing what is right for them, not him.

Good lord. You could have been just fine with the second paragraph. If you don't mind, kindly save the darts for Saturday night at the back of the bar. Not a big fan of being singled out, otherwise, I'll just cease communication with you. It's not that hard to offer banter and debate without breaking out the darts.

And just to clarify, the Broncos gave him the choice of what team he wanted to be traded to. He went to the Jets on his own free will after the Jets gave him false promises. He SHOULD have chosen Jax in hindsight but you know what they say about that.

Why would the Jets release him a month ago without knowing how the draft was going to play out? They did exactly the right thing for the team and for him, by waiting until they had a replacement and then letting him go immediately thereafter. If he has talent enough to compete on any other team, then they will pick him up to compete regardless. You know that signing rookies and UDFAs doesn't guarantee anyone a roster spot. So if someone even halfway likes Tebow, they will bring him on board just to see if he is better than what they now have. The Jets already know he is not, so bye bye.

• Like 4

The Jets were trying to establish value and I suspect were using him for potential trade fodder with all the movement in the draft but everyone was smart enough to wait so they would not be pegged with the remaining portion of Tebow's salary. Someone will pick him up as he brings merchandising dollars with him, strangely (yeah, I own a Tebow jersey....)

Stupid. When you have all 32 professional NFL teams telling you that you're NOT cut out to be a QB, but tell you they'd give you a shot if you consider switching positions to becoming a TE. What's Tebow say? "No thanks". Seriously - who does this guy think he is, Tim Tebow??

If the Jets have chivesed up Tebow's career for good, then at least they did something right last year. He had his moment in the sun and needs to go away.