[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Geno Smith fires his agent

DMD

AWESOME!

The Jets are like an entertainment gift that just keeps giving. They need a rookie QB with a "their fault" attitude. No new receivers. This could be brutal once the NY media sees him as the last QB standing there.

No one else was ever saying he would be first overall.

http://www.nfl.com/n...fall-to-ny-jets

Geno Smith's fall to the New York Jets on Day 2 of the 2013 NFL Draft has claimed a victim other than Tim Tebow: Smith's agency.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News wrote that Smith believed he "would be and should be" the No. 1 overall pick in the draft. When he didn't make the first round, the agents paid the price.Liz Mullen of Sports Business Journal reported Tuesday thatSmith fired Select Sports, the agency representing him throughout the draft process. By league rule, he can't hire another agent for another five days.

This will open up the former West Virginia quarterback to easy criticism: It's not like the agents are at fault for Smith's draft-day fall, and it looks like he's taking it out on them. But that's overly simplistic and sympathetic to the agents.

Sports agents often make big promises they can't keep. We don't know what transpired between Smith and his agents, but Smith is well within his rights to fire them if they didn't deliver.

These kids are so gullible they'll believe every line the agent feeds them. Then turn on them when reality smacks them in the face.

First overall, I hardly follow the NFL draft and knew that was impossible.

Wonder how these deals work that they sign with the agent, do they still owe them something when they eventually sign a deal. Because I'm sure the agent spent money on him during the process. (No, I'm not an agent or defending them, just curious how it works when you fire your agent like this.)

New York Jets are like a clown car full of clowns that just crashed and there is carnage everywhere. You hate to stare, but you can't help but look at the thrown bodies and clown parts and laugh. It's almost like it's scripted.

If the New York Jets were a TV show, what would you name it? I'd name it "Breaking Bad" because it's just one cluster after another.

Edited by BearBroncos

Anybody see this story

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/30/russell-shepard-says-he-signed-with-eagles-during-draft/

Russell Shepard claims the Eagles signed him to a UDFA contract while the draft was going on. Made statements such as "I took myself off the draft board during the draft". Then later backpedaled some and said a contract was not signed or made official until it was allowed. Not sure if the Eagles were dumb enough to do this or not. But for the player to make statements like he did shows he's either really dumb, or full of chives (or both).

Anybody see this story

http://profootballta...-during-draft/

Russell Shepard claims the Eagles signed him to a UDFA contract while the draft was going on. Made statements such as "I took myself off the draft board during the draft". Then later backpedaled some and said a contract was not signed or made official until it was allowed. Not sure if the Eagles were dumb enough to do this or not. But for the player to make statements like he did shows he's either really dumb, or full of chives (or both).

Hard to believe Chip Kelly would circumvent the rules to sign a player.

It wasnt that long ago where the Jets had a diesel O line, top notch ground game and very stingy D. They were very much in the mix in the AFC. Wow how they have declined

It wasnt that long ago where the Jets had a diesel O line, top notch ground game and very stingy D. They were very much in the mix in the AFC. Wow how they have declined

it was just 3 years ago where Sanchez took them to the AFC championship and lost to a mere 5 points.

When Ryan reported that Tebow didn't work out after he threw about a dozen passes last year, I sure hope, for the rookie's sake, that he will be one of Ryan's guys. I don't know how they bring in Tebow, Ryan never plays him all year, then only Tebow is booted off the team.

MikesVikes , I totally agree. Big Jets fan here and I can't believe they are so lost. Tebow didn't get a chance and I don't blame him for not wanting to play on the team. Even if they asked him to play a different postion. Get the Running game back and play defencive type game again. Thats where they were at their best.