[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hold off on Titus Young = sleeper

DMD

My favorite WR - better than even Calvin Johnson - is not only the only player I have ever heard of running the wrong routes intentionally, he is still a record holder.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2013/05/07/sports/doc51899e71253a8027098978.txt

Titus Young, former Detroit Lions' receiver, arrested twice in 15 hours

By PAULA PASCHE

Paula.Pasche@oaklandpress.com; @PaulaPasche

Titus Young, the former Detroit Lions wide receiver, was arrested twice in 15 hours on Sunday by the Moreno Valley Police Department in southern California.

According to the police report, Young was stopped at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday after making an illegal left turn in front of a patrol car.

Young was stopped and arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. He was booked at the Robert Presley Detention Center and later issued a citation and released from custody.

Hours later, at 2:22 p.m. that day, officers responded to a tow company yard where a man was seen jumping over the fence.

It was Young looking for his black Mustang.

He was arrested for burglary after the police determined he was trying to take his own vehicle. He was booked again at the same detention center.

Two arrests, hence two mug shots.

The 23-year-old Young, who was a disruption for the Lions last season, was released by the team on Feb. 4, the first day NFL teams could cut players.

He was a problem child for much of the 2012 season. He sucker-punched teammate Louis Delmas last spring and was sent home from the practice facility.

Young lined up in the wrong spots in the Lions game on Nov. 18. He was sent home after that debacle, then allowed back to practice and eventually sent home again.

Young, who was a second-round draft pick in 2011 out of Boise State, officially finished the 2012 season on injured reserve with a a bad knee.

There is no doubt that Young has NFL-level talent. He just doesn’t have the right mindset to be a quality NFL wide receiver.

Two weeks prior to his release he sent out tweets apparently looking for sympathy. It backfired.

The first tweet said: “Like I said I never been selfish but if I’m not going to get the football I don’t want to play anymore.’’

Doesn’t exactly sound like a mature NFL player. Coach Jim Schwartz told reporters at the Senior Bowl on the day following the tweets that they weren’t such a good idea.

Young also tweeted on that same day: “Never have I ran the wrong route, just put myself where the ball was going.’’

Lions general manager Martin Mayhew said he couldn’t trade Young because he had no trade value.

“I didn’t talk to anybody, I didn’t call 32 GMs and try to get a seventh if (draft pick) or anything like that,’’ Mayhew said on Feb. 7. “It’s my job to know what his value is and he didn’t have any trade value.’’

Young was claimed off waivers in early February by the St. Louis Rams, but cut a few days later after he spent time with the team. Rams coach Jeff Fisher suggested that he would be a better fit for another NFL team.

I find the total unraveling of a professional athlete to be fascinating! To have your winning lottery ticket in hand (first of possibly many NFL contracts) and then to just tear it up and piss it away like that... unbelieveable.

Part of me thinks that there must be some kind of mental illness going on here... but another part of me thinks that maybe he's just a dick. There are plenty of rational d-bags out there. I'm really curious as to what is driving this kid to self-destruct.

Could be a lot of things. Maybe got hooked in some drug or alcohol issues. Maybe something growing up, from bad parenting or maybe no parenting. Maybe just some mental wiring.

Nothing different that what normal people go through, except for this guy it plays out on the big stage.

But all you have to do is play it straight for one or two years and then you never have to work again (assuming you don't piss the money away immediately which is a separate problem). It's like a stack of money on the table and they ignore that to slam down some stupid juice.

Free agent Titus Young's father says his son has a brain disorder and needs help.

Ya think? Richard Young took Titus out for coffee on Friday morning, mere hours before Titus' latest arrest. Titus then drove off in his car without saying goodbye. "We knew that something had happened to him or he was locked up again," Richard said. "His mind is not capable enough to go out and deal with society because of this situation." Titus supposedly suffers from a disorder caused by his brain being compressed against the front of his skull, and he hasn't been taking his prescribed medication. Doctors told Richard that treatment could take six months or less. Maybe the sun will finally shine on Titus, and he can get the help he so badly needs. Detroit News

:lol:

Edited by tazinib1