[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Same, Better or Worse RB Poll

DMD

Stud RB poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Martin 319-1454-11 run 49-472-1 rcv

• Better
    • Same
    • Worse
  2. 2. Alfred Morris 335-1613-13 run 11-77-0 rcv

• Better
    • Same
    • Worse
  3. 3. Trent Richardson 267-950-11 run 51-367-1 rcv

• Better
    • Same
    • Worse
  4. 4. C.J. Spiller 207-1244-6 run 43-459-2 rcv

• Better
    • Same
    • Worse

There were several RBs entirely new to the top tier last year. Knowing that about half drop every year, what to make of Doug Martin, Alfred Morris, Trent Richardson and C.J. Spiller? Besides their names is their 2012 production.

I don't see Martin, Morris, or Richardson having a sophomore slump. The passing game for Tampa should improve stretching defenses which will help Martin not to mention that Martin is also an every down back and a factor in the passing game. Morris will have the benefit of RG111 being stronger as well as the benefit of being the first back in a long time to start a second year for Shanahan. Shanahan has a good history of creating backs and I am very interested in seeing how a back under him for the 2nd year will do. Richardson is a beast who did well with a very weak team. I think the coaching changes will benefit Richardson, as well as the development of Josh Gordon into a legitimate down field threat which CLeveland has not had since.....since.......whats his name from the....uh ....umm....era. In recent history Cleveland runners just got punished because they were basically the offense. As for Spiller, well I think he will be no.1 and will roll. I would be happy to have any of these guys next year. In one league which is standard, no ppr with a flex, I already have Foster and Beastmode for keepers. I also have the second pick. If one of these guys is available I won't hesitate.

I would be very nervous with Morris. He benefited from the dynamic nature of RGIII which I would assume will be missing from at least the first few months of the year. Plus Shanahan remains an ass.

You'd think Richardson is due for at least more yards, especially if he stays healthy. Martin to me is a push - Freeman inspires no confidence but defense should be improved so similar to slightly better performance seems reasonable.

Who knows with the Bills?

I traded for Morris in a dynasty league, so I obviously think there's value there, but I'm tempering my expectations based on RG3 and Shanahan.

T-Rich's numbers are going to be better across the board.

I think Martin may be an MVP candidate (maybe not this year, though).

Spiller will get hurt, but will produce big when he's healthy.

I have been shanahaned for the last time. When he was with Denver I was kick in the nuts every time trying to figure out who he was going to featured. So it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Morris was last year's flash and this year he could just as well be used as a TD vulture and some other running back flavor of the year gets 20 plus carries a game. One that we either have never heard of or a guy that is on nobody's radar whatsoever. I fully expect posts that go something like this

Drafted Morris as my #1 or #2 and he's getting 5 carries a game.

Is Morris Hurt?

Who the hell is "..........." and where the hell is Morris.

Oh shanahan, you've done it again............

What is Morris in the dog house. What gives

Week 1 Helu 22 carries 2 TD's, Morris 3 carries no scores.

Week 2 Morris 12 carries 1 TD, 1 Fumble lost, Helu 8 carries 1TD, Williams 5 carries

Week 3 Tristin Davis 18 carries 2 TDs 5 rec 1TD, Willlams 4 carries, Morris 1 carry

Week 4 Morris gets the start, goes for a 60 yard TD in the first quarter, then fumbles but doesn't lose it, sits the rest of the game on the bench.

Week 5 Williams 26 carries 110 yards 2 TD's, Helu 5 Carries, Morris runs on the field 1st and goal from the 1 but is waved off for Royster who gets his first NFL Score.

This all after Morris gets all the first team reps in practice as well as all the preseason starter reps. Even named the starter week one. Only to watch Helu week one go for the above stat line.

Morris is undraftable in my mind this year until I see him stop fumbling and convince Shanahan that he's his Terrell Davis. Until then you all can have him. Undraftable meaning I won't be the one to call his name in the first four rounds which means he will be gone but then for sure.

I hate the way Shanahan finds running backs out of nowhere then rotates them in some sick Anti Fantasy RBBC as if he consciously loves the idea of screwing FF owners. Never been toyed with so much as with Shanahan running backs. Never again my friend, never again. FF is hard enough without worrying about being Shanahaned week in and week out.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I have been shanahaned for the last time. When he was with Denver I was kick in the nuts every time trying to figure out who he was going to featured. So it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Morris was last year's flash and this year he could just as well be used as a TD vulture and some other running back flavor of the year gets 20 plus carries a game. One that we either have never heard of or a guy that is on nobody's radar whatsoever. I fully expect posts that go something like this

Drafted Morris as my #1 or #2 and he's getting 5 carries a game.

Is Morris Hurt?

Who the hell is "..........." and where the hell is Morris.

Oh shanahan, you've done it again............

What is Morris in the dog house. What gives

Week 1 Helu 22 carries 2 TD's, Morris 3 carries no scores.

Week 2 Morris 12 carries 1 TD, 1 Fumble lost, Helu 8 carries 1TD, Williams 5 carries

Week 3 Tristin Davis 18 carries 2 TDs 5 rec 1TD, Willlams 4 carries, Morris 1 carry

Week 4 Morris gets the start, goes for a 60 yard TD in the first quarter, then fumbles but doesn't lose it, sits the rest of the game on the bench.

Week 5 Williams 26 carries 110 yards 2 TD's, Helu 5 Carries, Morris runs on the field 1st and goal from the 1 but is waved off for Royster who gets his first NFL Score.

This all after Morris gets all the first team reps in practice as well as all the preseason starter reps. Even named the starter week one. Only to watch Helu week one go for the above stat line.

Morris is undraftable in my mind this year until I see him stop fumbling and convince Shanahan that he's his Terrell Davis. Until then you all can have him. Undraftable meaning I won't be the one to call his name in the first four rounds which means he will be gone but then for sure.

I hate the way Shanahan finds running backs out of nowhere then rotates them in some sick Anti Fantasy RBBC as if he consciously loves the idea of screwing FF owners. Never been toyed with so much as with Shanahan running backs. Never again my friend, never again. FF is hard enough without worrying about being Shanahaned week in and week out.

:clap:

Morris and Martin are really unlikely to repeat those numbers. That's not so say they won't be close, good, or worth their ADP, but I would expect a drop-off. I think that's safe thinking and the way I would work any draft strategy.

Richardson has the potential to do better, but they need better work from the OC and offense as a whole to make it happen.

Spiller, tough to peg. EJ Manuel in the mix, some new toys at WR, new staff, etc. I would draft him with expectations of 'same', because the meter is uncalibrated.