[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guys to avoid in your drafts...

euphy

1. Arian Foster - heart condition, calf problems, and worst... all of those miles on his body from the past 3 years.

2. CJ Spiller - new pro system, his best runs last year came from the spread

3. Darren McFadden - the guy is ALWAYS hurt, let someone else roll the dice on him

4. Lesean McCoy - the guy had a concussion last year, once an RB gets a concussion, they are never the same player... Jahvid Best, Bryant Westbrook, and so on.

5. RG3 - Reminds me of Vick, don't trust him to stay healthy all year.

Completely disagree on Foster. He's only 26 and not counting his rookie season, has only missed 3 games in 3 years.

I agree on the rest, however and traded away RGIII.

Edited by tazinib1

1. Arian Foster - heart condition, calf problems, and worst... all of those miles on his body from the past 3 years.

3. Darren McFadden - the guy is ALWAYS hurt, let someone else roll the dice on him

4. Lesean McCoy - the guy had a concussion last year, once an RB gets a concussion, they are never the same player... Jahvid Best, Bryant Westbrook, and so on.

Thanks for putting together a list - always good to have conversation starters.

That said I pretty much completely disagree.

1) Foster is a stud, he's got 2 more top 5 RB performances left in him

2) CJ Spiller is a young stud want to be, in re-draft I think he's being slightly over-drafted (higher than I'd pick him), but in a dynasty start up I'd be all over him.

3) Darren McFradden - there is another thread on him elsewhere, I'm a contrarian here, would I take him in round 2? No. If he is there in middle/bottom of round 3. Maybe. If he is there in 4. I'm a buyer.

4) LeSean McCoy - he couldn't be in a more friendly offense for his skill set. He's going to have a MONSTER year.

5) RGIII - he should remind you of Vick and the young Vick (pre jail fatness) was one of the highest reward QBs you could have in fantasy. I don't love the injury risk, but he's going as the 10th QB off the board in the middle of the 6th round. That's some nice upside if he stays healthy and or if you pair him with another safer QB 4 rounds later (Roeth/Eli/Dalton/Flacco all go around there)

Completely disagree on Foster. He's only 26 and not counting his rookie season, has only missed 3 games in 3 years.

I agree on the rest, however and traded away RGIII.

His last few games last year was pretty brutal.

Guys I'll avoid (unless they slip wayyy too far):

- Alfred Morris: I traded for him in a dynasty, but I don't like where he's slotted re-draft wise this season. I've seen him mocked as high as the first. No f'in way.

- Dez Bryant: Not that I don't like him, I'd just rather have Julio Jones, Andre Johnson or even Roddy White. He seems to play angry and that can lead to injury. Romo favors Witten and I like Terrence Williams as a sleeper.

- MJD: Just a messy situation. I'm staying away.

- Stevan Ridley: Nice stats last season but lotsa cooks in the kitchen and even with Welker gone, they will still utlize the short passing game as an extension (or replacement) of the run game.

That's it off the top of my head. :)

Arian fosters last few games?

16/19/18

In 13/14/15

30 in week 12

16 was a disappointment but he hardly played (5 points)

Not that it matters but he was near 100 and a TD week 17 as well

Totally agree on your opinion of Foster. If he fell to me in the first round I would grab him.

Edited by Scorcher
  • Like 1

Not saying you should avoid him but in doing some research on Dez Bryant I couldn't really believe what I found...

This didn't shock me...from wk10 thru wk 16 he ranked as the #2 WR (full PPR)...this is what shocked me...he only had double digit targets in 3 of those 8 games and in four of those games he had 4 or fewer catches.

Edited by keggerz

Not saying you should avoid him but in doing some research on Dez Bryant I couldn't really believe what I found...

This didn't shock me...from wk10 thru wk 16 he ranked as the #2 WR (full PPR)...this is what shocked me...he only had double digit targets in 3 of those 8 games and in four of those games he had 4 or fewer catches.

Obviously his second half stats were buoyed by 10 of his 12 total TDs. That's not sustainable, but at the same time he is a monster in the red zone. So instead of those 10 TDs in those 8 games, is it realistic to expect 6 TDs, and if so, where would he have ranked with 6 instead? I'd be interested in seeing how many red zone targets he got in those last 8 games. Maybe that stat is more important than overall targets when it comes to Bryant. Is he the next Cris Carter? (All he does is catch touchdowns...) :thinking:

Edited by Tripleshot

I will be avoiding the Denver WRs mostly just because I can't figure out is Manning will spread it around evenly or have a favorite, and if so, who it will be. I'll take them later in drafts if still available, but definitely not as a WR1.

I don't trust Hakeem Nicks anymore.

I've never been a Sproles believer... would take him as a RB3 if available.

The only guy that I would take ahead of Foster is AP.

I agree on Spiller and McCoy. I can't make up my mind on DMC.

I think RGIII could be a bargain depending on how sour people are on him come draft day. He is different than Vick in that he is actually a good quarterback, not just a fast guy with a strong arm. Other than getting hurt, RGIII was way more consistent than Vick ever was. Vick had some really crappy games back in his prime that had nothing to do with injury. If RGIII is healthy, he has a good game as a minimum and is a strong threat for a huge game.

I do not like Dez as a top 3 WR. I like him as a low end WR1 or high end WR2, which means that I won't get him. I had him last year and also noticed the low target numbers. I remember watching my scores and he would be having a terrible day until some huge play in the 4th quarter. It takes more targets to be a high end WR1 in my opinion.

Additionally, I will be avoiding (not willing to draft at current prices):

1. Gronk - I don't know what to expect out of NE this year and Gronk is hurt.

2. Any DET RB - meh

3. Harvin - Oft injured, ego tripper

4. Julio - I think that he is overvalued considering his inconsistency

5. Ridley - I just will not gamble a high pick on a Hoodie controlled RB

6. Wilson - same issues that I have with Spiller

Additionally, I will be avoiding (not willing to draft at current prices):

1. Gronk - I don't know what to expect out of NE this year and Gronk is hurt.

2. Any DET RB - meh

3. Harvin - Oft injured, ego tripper

4. Julio - I think that he is overvalued considering his inconsistency

5. Ridley - I just will not gamble a high pick on a Hoodie controlled RB

6. Wilson - same issues that I have with Spiller

Agree for the most part, especially on Gronk because there's just too many things ailing him.

My list:

1) Any Oakland Raider

2) Gronk.

3) Tom Brady. Not enough support with Gronk questionable and Welker gone... they'll miss him.

4) Ryan Mathews.

5) Russell Wilson. Many more I'd take before him.

Edited by Thews40

I would like to add Vernon Davis to the list. Even with Crabtree out I get a Jermichael Finley like feeling after the way last season ended, but then on the other side nobody is as high on Davis going in to this season as they were last year.

AP is the only player i'd take before Foster. For all the talk about Forster's overuse, correct me if I am wrong, but I think he only had 3 more carries than AP. Whichever way it was, their numbers were very similar.

CJ Spiller - Should be a second round draft pick and will have a good year. He's a beast and I think he is more of a number one in Buffalo now with Fred Jackson losing ground the last year and half or so.

McFadden - Completely agree. Going nowhere near him.

McCoy - Would take 2nd round, not first.

RG3 - Would take only late because of the injuries. As was said, you gotta pair him with another QB if you take him. I kinda want him though.

Guys I steer clear of:

1 - Raiders

2 - Lions RBs

3 - Saints RBs

4 - Vernon Davis - As stated above. Disappears.

5 - Ryan Matthews - Made of glass.

Edited by Mustangt125

AP is the only player i'd take before Foster. For all the talk about Forster's overuse, correct me if I am wrong, but I think he only had 3 more carries than AP. Whichever way it was, their numbers were very similar.

CJ Spiller - Should be a second round draft pick and will have a good year. He's a beast and I think he is more of a number one in Buffalo now with Fred Jackson losing ground the last year and half or so.

McFadden - Completely agree. Going nowhere near him.

RG3 - Would take only late because of the injuries. As was said, you gotta pair him with another QB if you take him. I kinda want him though.

Guys I steer clear of:

1 - Raiders

2 - Lions RBs

3 - Saints RBs

4 - Vernon Davis - As stated above. Disappears.

5 - Ryan Matthews - Made of glass.

One of us is going to be in the championship game... the other scouting for 2014 lol.

Tim Tebow.

I know, I don't need to tell most of you that. But there are a couple of people who will read this and draft him anyway.

In a 32man IDP league with 53 rosters spots maybe. And that's pushing it. Anybody that drafts Tebow in any format needs a head exam.

Edited by tazinib1

I simply don't get the McCoy un-love. :blink: Chip Kelly's offense suits him to a tee ... sure. Bryce Brown will see snaps but that offesnse is going to purr like a kitten and McCoy will be the main beneficiary.

The guy had a concussion last year. NFL players get concussions. It doesn't mean they're Jahvid Best, who had a long history of them dating back to college. Comparing McCoy to Best is hogwash.

McCoy should be one of the top 3-4 picks in any redraft league.

• Like 1

This might be a little controversial, but I'm going to avoid Tom Brady this year. I drafted him in the first round on a couple of teams last year and both of those teams finished in first place. However, this year I'm a little worried about his receivers' talent/health. I'm not saying he's no longer a premier QB, only that he'll be drafted higher than I will draft him this year.

This might be a little controversial, but I'm going to avoid Tom Brady this year. I drafted him in the first round on a couple of teams last year and both of those teams finished in first place. However, this year I'm a little worried about his receivers' talent/health. I'm not saying he's no longer a premier QB, only that he'll be drafted higher than I will draft him this year.

While I certainly understand those in this camp, I am completely on the other end. Sure, he lost Welker. That's gonna sting. But Amendola COULD be a solid replacement if he can stay off the trainer's table.

The Pats added a pair of interesting rookie WRs in Josh Boyce and Aaron Dobson. And Brady will of course have his pair of sick TEs in Gronk and Hernandez (again, assuming both can stay healthy).

On top of it, Brady has been working with Tom House, a former MLB pitcher, on his mechanics. Brady supposedly has never felt better throwing the football.

I, for one, typically hate dynasties like the Lakers, Yankees and Pats... but something has to be said for Brady/Belichick here. They just get it done. I own Brady in a dynasty league and am expecting huge stats again. I could be wrong.

E2A: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/20/tom-brady-im-more-confident-than-ever-throwing-the-football/ <=== link to article about Brady and his off-season workouts.

Edited by darin3

Guys I steer clear of:

2 - Lions RBs

Reggie Bush? Solid #3 RB in non-PPR and possibly Top 15 in PPR leagues. Problem is you'd have to spend a higher round pick for him.

Edited by irish

Reggie Bush? Solid #3 RB in non-PPR and possibly Top 15 in PPR leagues. Problem is you'd have to spend a higher round pick for him.

good luck getting him as a #3. He'll be going late 2nd possibly but surely in the 3rd

good luck getting him as a #3. He'll be going late 2nd possibly but surely in the 3rd

Agreed but in a NON-PPR he may go later. I checked his ADP and it's 15th RB off the board in PPR and 17th for non. He's the 14th ranked RB here for PPR and the 27th for non.