[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guys to avoid in your drafts...

euphy

You may think that the number 2012 is pretty strange, but it's not mathematically considered to be an odd number.

You proved my point. He gets hurt in even number years as well. Draft at your own peril

Running QBs (RGIII, Wilson, Kaep, Vick)

Wilson's a lot more passer than runner and doesn't run as much as any of the rest in this group. He only runs when he clearly has an open lane and unlike RGIII and Vick knows to avoid hits. You can still shy away from him because the Seahawks will once again rank near the bottom of the league in pass attempts(or bottom third, even with Harvin, who is currently hurt anyway), but don't avoid him because you incorrectly tagged him as a running QB. He's extremely efficient, kind of like a Troy Aikman who can scramble. He won't put up huge fantasy numbers, but he will win a lot of games for his team.

He won't put up huge fantasy numbers, but he will win a lot of games for his team.

He was, however, the highest-scoring fantasy QB in the league over the second half of 2102, averaging something over 23 points per game.

I would be cautiously optimistic about Wilson is Harvin didn't have this hip issue going on. Local talk is that if Harvin misses time, the Seahawks offense will look a lot like it did last year, which isn't bad, but it will still be run heavy and with that defense he isn't going to have to play from behind much. As I said, he'll be Troy Aikman with some 35 rushing yards per game and an occasional rushing TD - deadly efficient, but not enough passing attempts to expect top 6 fantasy point production.

Except for the fact that he was THE top fantasy point producer over the second half of 2012 (and that was without Harvin too).

And he can't play Buffalo every week. Hey, I'm his biggest fan, but I don't see him being a top six QB for fantasy this year. Top 10, yeah, and that's more than good for where you'll be able to draft him.

And he can't play Buffalo every week.

He doesn't have to. Besides the 39.4 he posted in Week 15 vs Buffalo, he also posted:

Week 8: DET 17.34

Week 18: WAS 18.18

Week 12: MIA 20.76

Week 9: MIN 21.62

Week 6: NE 23.42

Week 16: SF 24.74

Week 17: STL 25.80

Week 13: CHI 26.82

Week 19: ATL 34.40

That's ten weeks of pretty solid scores, most all of which came in the second half of the season, when he gained some comfort with the pro game. Four of the five highest-scoring games were against some of the stronger pass defenses in the league. Sure, it would have been nice if he had Harvin this year, but if he can do this without him, who cares?

It's no secret that Seattle started the first half of the season with very conservative play calling because they didn't know what they had with Wilson. The second half opened up the game more to him. What we have to worry about is the defenses catching up with the read zone

I feel pretty confident the Seahawks can finish top 3 in the league in rushing without any rushing yards from Wilson. The whole thing with the read option is that it makes the defense pay for overpursuing the running back. If Wilson sees a wide open lane, he keeps the ball for a nice gain and gets down on the turf before someone can knock his head off. It's not there to get Wilson 800 yards rushing. Now, if they want to have a defensive player stay home on the back edge to prevent the read option, then Lynch and crew have one less body to run over/through. And Wilson will tell you that to be perfectly honest, he'd rather pass the ball anyway. So put a spy on him, it only helps benefits Lynch or helps one of the Seahawk receivers get uncovered easier. Go ahead and take the read option away, but you can't stop everything. (Ok, maybe the Seahawks defense can this year.)

I should clarify - methinks loaf was just pointing out that if someone really can take the read option away, it's going to drastically cut into Wilson's rushing yards and TDs. I mainly replied because it struck my "Wilson's only good because of the read option" nerve and I felt the need to point out the guy is for real. He's fundamentally sound, is a polished passer, elusive, prepares like Peyton Manning, and is just plain good. He's no gimmick offense quarterback.
Edited by Tripleshot

Im on opposite view as many on Reggie Bush. I think he will do what Best did for my Lions before getting hurt and that he will be a ppr beast. he will lose 10 carries a game or so from last year but I think hes better with 15 carries than 25