[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rotoworld Experts Mock

keggerz

Also the name of this says "Rotoworld Experts Mock" so to me that isn't saying to me that this is going to be played out as a real league best ball style. To me that says this is a mock draft for a normal league that is not going to be played. So which is it a mock draft or a real draft being played out best ball style ? Makes some difference.

It is being played out best ball style.

Except in best ball the 13-24 QBs actually go up in value since there is always usually a few teams that are drafting 2 of the top 12 QBs going like RG3+Luck in the 7th/8th rounds. Your QB2 you end up drafting much earlier than a redraft league.

Good post.

Probably hit both Von Miller and Aldon Smith earlier than I had to, but I really wanted that duo...normally I am staying away from those big play guys but in this scoring format they are gold...and having two of them should ensure a huge advantage at LB1...yes a two for one but I think it will be worth it and create a relative advantage....I'll probably add solid tackle LBs to ensure safe weekly production later...also added JPP and Charles Johnson(got sniped on Jared Allen)...a bit concerned about JPP's back but in round 9 it is a huge risk/reward pick that I'm willing to live with.

I wonder who will blink first at QB between Gary and myself...my bet is Gary.

Team thru 10 rounds:

RB: David Wilson, Chris Ivory & Giovani Bernard

WR: AJ Green, Brandon Marshall & Torrey Smith

DL: JPP & Charles Johnson

LB: Von Miller & Aldon Smith

I will say that I was eyeing up Vernon Davis when he went 6 picks in front of me...I was going to settle for Pitta but felt I could wait one more pass -- I was wrong...but I have no issue waiting on TE.

15 starters and only 24 rounds doesn't give you much room for bye weeks, backup and injuries for a best ball league.

I agree, and that almost kept me from going Von Miller and Aldon Smith (both wk 9 byes), but I couldn't pass them up so I'll deal with that by carrying one less at DB most likely

I agree, and that almost kept me from going Von Miller and Aldon Smith (both wk 9 byes), but I couldn't pass them up so I'll deal with that by carrying one less at DB most likely

I had the almost exact same scenario when I won the Huddle IDP BB league last year but instead of shorting myself on a CB/S, I chose to go with 1 kicker

Rudolph was probly your best bet anyway. Not many people realize that he was tied with Jimmy Graham in TDs last season with 9 (only Gronkowski had more among TEs with 11). If he could only get 100-150 more yards to put him in the 600-650 range, he'd be right on the cusp of being a top-5 TE.

I wonder if the "Third Year Charm" works for TEs, too...

Rudolph was probly your best bet anyway. Not many people realize that he was tied with Jimmy Graham in TDs last season with 9 (only Gronkowski had more among TEs with 11). If he could only get 100-150 more yards to put him in the 600-650 range, he'd be right on the cusp of being a top-5 TE.

I wonder if the "Third Year Charm" works for TEs, too...

I have no qualms with getting Rudolph, especially in a best ball league.

Nothing to write home about, but I added jacquizz Rodgers and ESanders in Lunda 13 & 14

Emanuel Sanders???? Boy I love that kid. I was going through a league forum and noticed a guy had him listed as one of his drops. I gave him $1 and I'll assign him 4yrs when the time comes. Not a big J.Rodgers fan though. But he could have a big game and in BB, that's all you can hope for.

Based on that result, I'd say you can't.

Gotta agree here. Manning is "safe" and I guess if the rest of your team is littered with studs, you could get by. But what would have happened, say, if he went QB a couple rounds prior? :thinking:

I'm waiting on QB in redrafts this year.... but not TOO long.

Gotta agree here. Manning is "safe" and I guess if the rest of your team is littered with studs, you could get by. But what would have happened, say, if he went QB a couple rounds prior? :thinking:

I'm waiting on QB in redrafts this year.... but not TOO long.

Romo was the last QB to go prior to Manning...he went in round 10...In this best ball format there isn't anything to not like about Eli...worst case he is a steady/pedestrian QB that has a handful of big games, best case is he hits 4500 yards with 25-30 TDs...throw in Cutler who I double dipped with and I feel good enough that I probably won't draft a 3rd QB...

Romo was the last QB to go prior to Manning...he went in round 10...In this best ball format there isn't anything to not like about Eli...worst case he is a steady/pedestrian QB that has a handful of big games, best case is he hits 4500 yards with 25-30 TDs...throw in Cutler who I double dipped with and I feel good enough that I probably won't draft a 3rd QB...

Having Manning as QB1 sounds a whole heck of a lot better with Cutler as your QB2. Cutler is going to have his share of huge games... but his share of stinkers too. In those cases, at least you have Manning and his steady eddie projections.

That said, I think I would have tried snagging Romo if he fell to the 10th in best-ball format. He is going to have monster games with solid games mixed in.

Having Manning as QB1 sounds a whole heck of a lot better with Cutler as your QB2. Cutler is going to have his share of huge games... but his share of stinkers too. In those cases, at least you have Manning and his steady eddie projections.

That said, I think I would have tried snagging Romo if he fell to the 10th in best-ball format. He is going to have monster games with solid games mixed in.

I like Romo, I really do, but I wanted to wait as long as possible to take my QB...I really almost took a pass when I took Eli because I have a guy I really like and I'm pretty sure he'll either go undrafted or be one of the last 2-3 taken...that guy is Mr. Alex "4,000 Yard" Smith. I know many will look at me like I'm crazy but I really do anticipate him approaching 4k this year...if I decide to go 3 QBs it will be because of him....outside of him I still like what Big Ben, Flacco, Dalton and Freeman bring to the table too...especially in best ball scoring.

Player

YTD Pts

Bye

Cutler, Jay CHI QB - 8

Manning, Eli NYG QB - 9

Bernard, Giovani CIN RB - 12

Ivory, Chris NYJ RB - 10

Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB - 6

Wilson, David NYG RB (P) - 9

Brown, Vincent SDC WR (P) - 8

Green, A.J. CIN WR - 12

Marshall, Brandon CHI WR (P) - 8

Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR - 5

Smith, Torrey BAL WR - 8

Olsen, Greg CAR TE - 4

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE - 5

Cox, Fletcher PHI DE - 12

Johnson, Charles CAR DE - 4

Pierre-Paul, Jason NYG DE (Q) - 9

Bradham, Nigel BUF LB - 12

Henderson, Erin MIN LB - 5

Matthews, Clay GBP LB - 4

Miller, Von DEN LB (P) - 9

Smith, Aldon SFO LB (Q) - 9

Brown, Stevie NYG S - 9

Elam, Matt BAL S - 8

Thomas, Earl SEA S - 12

24 Total Players

http://football33.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=62391&O=07&F=0011

Edited by keggerz

I can't speak to the IDPs, since Homie don't play dat, but your WRs are obviously the strength of your team, and your TEs should be adequate in a 12 team league. I'm not particularly fond of your QBs in a 12-teamer, and the RBs are extremely questionable. I don't know that the WRs can make up for both deficiencies.

Edited by Axe Elf

I can't speak to the IDPs, since Homie don't play dat, but your WRs are obviously the strength of your team, and your TEs should be adequate in a 12 team league. I'm not particularly fond of your QBs in a 12-teamer, and the RBs are extremely questionable. I don't know that the WRs can make up for both deficiencies.

You realize this is "best ball" format, right?

I do.

Both QBs are going to have steady mediocre production, but you can't count on either one of them to have many standout weeks to carry your team. Same kinda goes for the TEs, although Rudolph is more likely to be feast or famine with Olsen salvaging the position on his off weeks.

You should have great scores from two or three of your WRs each and every week, but I just don't see the same kind of potential for the RBs, even in a best ball format.