[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tim Tebow has signed with....

tazinib1

The New England Patriots!!

3rd QB

H-Back

Or how about this? Could he possibly play TE with Gronk most likely out some games with impending back surgery????

At any rate...The circus has officially arrived in NE

No wonder Bill Belichick got mad when a report came out earlier stating that he hated Tebow.

Belichick told ESPN Boston it’s not true:

“Every single player has strengths and weaknesses but regardless of that, for anyone to have represented that is the way I feel about Tim Tebow is completely untrue, baseless and irresponsible. It is unfortunate that something so inaccurate was reported.”
Edited by electricrelish

At any rate...The circus has officially arrived in NE

:rofl:

There will be no circus. Tom Brady is the starter. [/circus]

Tebow will play special teams, be the holder, the captain on the punt unit, probably play kick-off coverage, and do some other things that a player with his talent and versatility can do. I am really looking forward to seeing how BB uses this player.

He's also a good character guy, which is something the team loves. A win all around IMO. I was hoping for this all offseason.

uuhhhhhh...no offense brother, but if you seriously think there will be no media circus in NE when training camp starts, then you haven't been paying much attention the past 2-3 years. Brady can say and do whatever he wants...so can BB. Fact is, Tebow is a media darling and a fan favorite wherever he goes.

I'm a mini Tebow fan as well. BB is pretty well known for signing guys that are versatile so this signing makes a ton of sense. Plus there is always the Josh McDaniel connection. Tebow should feel pretty comfortable in NE.

Edited by tazinib1

uuhhhhhh...no offense brother, but if you seriously think there will be no media circus in NE when training camp starts, then you haven't been paying much attention the past 2-3 years. Brady can say and do whatever he wants...so can BB. Fact is, Tebow is a media darling and a fan favorite wherever he goes.

I'm a mini Tebow fan as well. BB is pretty well known for signing guys that are versatile so this signing makes a ton of sense. Plus there is always the Mike McCoy connection. Tebow should feel pretty comfortable in NE.

Dude, you are crazy if you think there will be any talk about Tim Tebow playing QB unless Brady gets hurt. Not gonna happen. Sure, he will get some media attention, but as is true to the Patriot Way, Timmy will keep his head down, say next to nothing and live on platitudes. There will be no circus in NE. You seem to be the one who hasn't been paying attention to how the media gets handled by the Pats. Milktoast. They just do not know how to stand up to Belichick.

Dude, you are crazy if you think there will be any talk about Tim Tebow playing QB unless Brady gets hurt. Not gonna happen. Sure, he will get some media attention, but as is true to the Patriot Way, Timmy will keep his head down, say next to nothing and live on platitudes. There will be no circus in NE. You seem to be the one who hasn't been paying attention to how the media gets handled by the Pats. Milktoast. They just do not know how to stand up to Belichick.

Before we get carried away here, I never, ever suggested that Tebow would even SNIFF a down as QB. But more than likely, he'll be listed as the 3rd QB. That's all I'm saying. I'm flipping channels and already segments are getting interrupted with the Tebow news. I'll be honest here...I'll be SHOCKED if the Patriots can hammer down the media concerning Tebow. He's just a very popular dude.

In terms of the "circus has arrived" vs "all media circuses are shot upon arrival in NE" -- that aspect is going to be interesting.

It's going to be BB's greatest challenge - can he stonewall the Tebow hype train.

As a NE fan - I'm very skeptical of this move. It's not that I don't like him as a player -- but is there really any Tebow package I'd like enough to keep Tom Brady of the field. No. Yes, it would be one more thing for opposing teams to prepare for - but if the choice is between having Brady on the field or Tebow - most defenses will be relieved to see Tebow coming.

As Nick noted he might be used in more of a special teams capacity. I know he's a great character guy -- but is that really enough to justify the extra scrutiny.

To me Tebow makes more sense on a team like Jacksonville -- where he might actually be able to help out on offense.

I don't understand all of the talk for him as a TE. He's never played the position. So he's going to be way behind in terms or hands and running routes. In terms of a blocker -- he's tiny compared to guys like Gronk and Ballard.

I know BB has some sort of plan. But I thought the distraction risk would outweigh the reward. I'm confident in Bill's ability to manage the media - but that still takes effort - and I'm not sure what the upside will be.

I'm prepared to be proven wrong, but skeptical right now.

Tebow will play special teams, be the holder, the captain on the punt unit, probably play kick-off coverage, and do some other things that a player with his talent and versatility can do. I am really looking forward to seeing how BB uses this player.

He's also a good character guy, which is something the team loves. A win all around IMO. I was hoping for this all offseason.

Agree 100%

Have the powers-that-be at ESPN sent all their reporters to Patriots headquarters yet?

No but they spent the first 11 minutes of SportsCenter talking about Tebow :lol:

I know alot you don't like First Take or any SportsCenter run-off shows or even SportsCenter for that matter, but I find it entertaining. Can't wait to hear Chip Bayless squeal like a little girl. Should be fun TV.

Edited by tazinib1

Well now...Patriot mandatory mini camp has been closed to the media :lol:

I've never noticed before now, is this a regular thing for NE?

It's just the first of many ways BB will not allow this to become a zoo.

What does this mean for Ryan Mallet now?

Nothing. Tebow is in no way a threat to Mallet as a QB. He'll be used exactly how the Jets should have - goal-line, wildcat, decoy. If he's got the skill-set to catch he'll be used there to mitigate the absence of Gronk and (when it happens) Hernandez's injury as well. If he throws more than 20 passes I'll be floored.

It's just the first of many ways BB will not allow this to become a zoo.

Nothing. Tebow is in no way a threat to Mallet as a QB. He'll be used exactly how the Jets should have - goal-line, wildcat, decoy. If he's got the skill-set to catch he'll be used there to mitigate the absence of Gronk and (when it happens) Hernandez's injury as well. If he throws more than 20 passes I'll be floored.

Fixed

Fixed

Haha I almost went there, but BB is smarter than that. What made the wildcat work was when Ronnie Brown actually threw the ball. Tebow's a good enough passer (did I just say that????) to at least make the secondary hang back and see if he puts up a duck they can attack (that's better) which will open up the running that much more. BB will have some designed "purpose throws" early on if nothing else.

No but they spent the first 11 minutes of SportsCenter talking about Tebow :lol:

I know alot you don't like First Take or any SportsCenter run-off shows or even SportsCenter for that matter, but I find it entertaining. Can't wait to hear Chip Bayless squeal like a little girl. Should be fun TV.

Just wait for Pat training camp to start. They'll be live reports from there on espn news every half hour.

Seriously. :weird:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I'd wager he doesn't make the team

I'm starting to feel the same. His 2yr contract contains zero signing bonus, guaranteed money or playing incentives for 2013. He gets playing incentives for 2014 but again, he has to make the team first. I'm not even sure the Patriots dress the 3rd string QB for games anyway. A 3rd string QB as part of the 45 who dress each week? I hardly think so. He'll be like the modern day "Rudy"

First press conference and Belichick said that Tebow "was a talented player". And that was all. And when repeatedly asked about Tebow, all he would say is "I have already covered that".

First press conference and Belichick said that Tebow "was a talented player". And that was all. And when repeatedly asked about Tebow, all he would say is "I have already covered that".

My newest theory is this is just a BB ploy to really really piss off national media by not allowing it to become a story.