[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bradshaw to the Colts

Big Dogs

per a tweet from Adam Schefter,

Colts and Ahmad Bradshaw have agreed to a 1 year deal! :tup: Didn't hear terms yet.

Here is the story link from Colts.com

Means a RBBC for the Colts in terms of fantasy production which sucks, but I like the signing overall as a fan.

Edited by Big Dogs

Colts have been a RBBC for a long time now? Never-the-less, good signing for the Colts IF Bradshaw can stay healthy for 75% of the season. That's a big if.

Fair point. I think we've wanted to be a one back team that has been forced into RBBC because guys can't hold up. :kicksrock: I miss the days of the Edge.

So stoked! Ballard as a change of pace back and Brown still there to lighten the load as well - revamped O-line.. I'm bias, but this offense is young, talented, and gonna be scary. Praying that Luck doesn't hit the dreaded sophomore slump..

So stoked! Ballard as a change of pace back and Brown still there to lighten the load as well - revamped O-line.. I'm bias, but this offense is young, talented, and gonna be scary. Praying that Luck doesn't hit the dreaded sophomore slump..

Both Brown and Carter have been major disappointments but one of the 2 is certain to be gone. Carter has fumble and injury issues so its likely he's shown the front door. The sooner the better. Why give the guy the ball in camp when he's gonna be let go.

Edited by tazinib1

Good for Colts, bad for fantasy. Tandem backfield with the ever present specter of a Bradshaw injury or better yet, something nagging that never quite forces him out.

Oops to all those with early drafts that took Ballard early and those in dynasty leagues that traded the farm for him. I seen Stafford dealt for Ballard in my high stakes league straight up while in my local someone gave away a future 1st, 3rd and JPP (6 pts per sack) and that future 1st was from a team that had the worst team the 1.01 pick this year (which of course since the team is bad does not even own). I never even considered him where he was going this year.

Yeah Bradshaw probably will get hurt just trotting to the huddle, but well worth an inexpensive flyer. This is the kind of move Polian would have never made while stubbornly sticking with his draft pick busts/semi-busts like Addai or Brown (who should be the one to go).

Great signing. Colts backfield was a cluster anyway. What's one more back?

Seriously. If Bradshaw can somehow stay healthy and you get him at the right price, he could be one of the best values in this year's draft. In that offense he could easily put up RB2 numbers with low-end RB1 upside. Call me crazy. I simply don't buy into Ballard getting the majority of the touches.

Edited by darin3

Seriously. If Bradshaw can somehow stay healthy and you get him at the right price, he could be one of the best values in this year's draft. In that offense he could easily put up RB2 numbers with low-end RB1 upside. Call me crazy. I simply don't buy into Ballard getting the majority of the touches.

Crazy :crazy:

I don't see any one back putting up significantly better numbers than the other. Bradshaw will get more carries when Brown is hurt. Brown will get more carries when Bradshaw is hurt.

Brown? Really? I think he's third-best in that pecking order, and I don't even think Ballard is that good.

To each his own, I guess.

Edited by darin3

Yes, didn't mean to imply that Brown was ahead of Ballard. He is not. Just that the Colts now have three injury-prone backs in Bradshaw, Brown, and Carter. I think their amount of work will be determined by their health.

I think Bradshaw shoots right to the top of the RB rotation.

When healthy, Bradshaw is head and shoulders above any other RB on that roster. It's not even close. To think Bradshaw isn't the lead RB with likely Ballard spelling him doesn't seem rational. Bradshaw is only 26 yrs old, and it appears that IND is willing to take the precautions of ensuring that he will be as healthy as he can be when he steps in. Granted, there are the foot issues, but Bradshaw seems tough enough mentally to play through that on many occassions. There is certainly some risk, but the upside is very high where you'll be able to get him in drafts. It would give one the luxury of going with other positions once your RB1 is set until the 6th round or so, and then maybe pairing Bradshaw with a little later pick of one of the rookies that you like and/or falls to you.

When healthy, Bradshaw is head and shoulders above any other RB on that roster. It's not even close. To think Bradshaw isn't the lead RB with likely Ballard spelling him doesn't seem rational. Bradshaw is only 26 yrs old, and it appears that IND is willing to take the precautions of ensuring that he will be as healthy as he can be when he steps in. Granted, there are the foot issues, but Bradshaw seems tough enough mentally to play through that on many occassions. There is certainly some risk, but the upside is very high where you'll be able to get him in drafts. It would give one the luxury of going with other positions once your RB1 is set until the 6th round or so, and then maybe pairing Bradshaw with a little later pick of one of the rookies that you like and/or falls to you.

Look who the cat drug in!!