[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Neither "Enter" key on my keyboard works

Welcome to my world John. Did you get upgraded to IE 10 recently? I have had this problem for about 3 weeks now and no response from anyone from the huddle.

Yes sir, I have a new computer here at work and it is IE 10

I don't have IE 10, but I do have google. It seems like it's a pretty common issue with forums. Below is something I took from another forum, apparently you can fix by going to Tools, Compatibility, and adding the forum to that list.

If your new to using IE10 you may have noticed that it's a real pain to start posting here.

The best workaround for that compatibility issue is to click on the small broken icon between

the magnifying glass and the refresh icon.

It's much easier than pressing F12 and setting compatibility, as it will only be active for as long as the specific window is open.

It's just one of the annoyances I kept stumbling upon with each fresh Windows 8 install and first time IE10 usage here on the lounge.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have IE 10, but I do have google. It seems like it's a pretty common issue with forums. Below is something I took from another forum, apparently you can fix by going to Tools, Compatibility, and adding the forum to that list.

If your new to using IE10 you may have noticed that it's a real pain to start posting here.

The best workaround for that compatibility issue is to click on the small broken icon between

the magnifying glass and the refresh icon.

It's much easier than pressing F12 and setting compatibility, as it will only be active for as long as the specific window is open.

It's just one of the annoyances I kept stumbling upon with each fresh Windows 8 install and first time IE10 usage here on the lounge.

I don't have a broken icon between the magnifying glass and the refresh icon, just a downward pointing arrow icon. This is VERY disappointing because Bronco Billy thinks Sterling Sharpe, Donald Driver, Antonio Freeman, Robert Brooks and Greg Jennings were $hitty receivers but for Bret Favre. ETA: thanks for trying to help WashD. Edited by Clubfoothead

Club did you try getting to that same screen by pressing F12? I got there in my IE that way

I tried and it still doesn't work. Downloaded chrome just to use here when needing to hit enter :oldrolleyes:

Club did you try getting to that same screen by pressing F12? I got there in my IE that way

OK, I hit F12 and a bunch of computer geek stuff popped up at the bottom of my screen. I didn't see the small broken icon anywhere. I do appreciate the effort though. Really f'n annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry - busy time for me. No idea why an enter key would not work, We have not changed the software here, maybe it was an upgrade to your browser? I'll see if I can find out anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • WJW locked this topic