[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty

Scare Tactics

So im geting into my first Dynasty league every, its a startup and we just got draft order picked.

Im just wondering how do people evaluate next years rookie draft picks? What are they usually worth and how is it determined? I mean if I was looking to make an offer to move up in a certain round I have no clue what the value of offering next years picks are.

That along with any other solid Dynasty info would be much appreciated. Thx

Depends on how many teams, assuming a 12 team league - no IDP.

2014 first is worth a 5th round start up pick or so usually

2nd is like a 7th/8th

3rd is like a 10th/11th

Hold onto your 1st round pick, but sell the other ones if it helps you move up to grab a guy you really want to target.

PM coming your way with more info as well.

A few basic questions...

How big are the rosters?

Is this IDP, or offense only?

Can you post the scoring/lineup rules/requirements?

Is there a Developmental Taxi Squad?

How are contracts assigned (or what determines how long you can keep a player)?

How many rounds is the initial draft?

How many rounds are subsequent rookie drafts?

Is free agency done through blind bidding, or some other manner?

If blind bidding, how much cash are you allocated annually?

If you can answer most of those, it will help in determining answers to your questions.

First let me say welcome to the world of Dynasty , it is a lot of fun & if you are in an active league then it truly is a year round experience not just during the football regular season. I'm in several that are very active , many of our trades are going on in March , April , May when other leagues are dormant. Back to your question though , much more info is needed and until the first year is out of the way even with our input you will not know the value of draft picks until you see how the rest of your league values them ?

In some of my dynasty league 14 team (3) round rookie draft the 3rd rounder is not worth a thing unless you a Taxi squad, now in other leagues say 12 team (22) man roster with (4) round rookie draft and two man taxi even the 4th round can be worth a lot

Ok thanks for the info so far, sorry Im not usually one to leave out a ton of info.. Being new to Dynasty just figured it was kind of a straight up rating scale on picks or something.

Yes its a new startup but with a bunch of good players, and Im assuming most have Dynasty experience.

Here is a link to the page:

http://www22.myfanta...13/home/74834#0

It is 12 teamer, PPR, 20 Roster spots and 2 taxi squad spots, offseason expands to 28 roster spots.. Im pretty sure the rules/scoring/lineup are the basic high stakes rules.

1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 DEF

That being said any more info I can get would be appreciated, im usually an active trader in my regular redraft leagues and I want to start seeing if I can move around the draft board a bit, just trying to really get a grasp on the 14 picks values.

Our draft is not until July 13th, any other info i left out im sure can be found on the link proivided.

Thanks and Thanks for the Pm info from Washington D.

Edit: NO IDP and 5 round rookie draft, BB FA picks $1000 budget i believe. I dont think thier are contracts, I believe u keep the player as long as u can or want

Edited by Scare Tactics

You will also notice ( once you play long enough ) that from year to year the rookie picks offer different value

For example in most years you can trade current year 2nd for next year 1st

Or at the very least a current 2nd & 3rd for a future 1st

But 2013 picks were not worth anything last year ,, everyone was so convinced that if you didn't have 1.01 ( maybe 1.020 ? )

the picks weren't worth more than a normal year 3rd rounder because of the talent coming out

Now a few years ago people were trading (3) future 1st for a current year 1st ( 2005 )

You had Cadillac, Benson & Brown all guaranteed future studs ,, well you know how that turned out but owners were tradign half their teams to land in the top 3 drafting spots because they that you couldn't go wrong with either of the 3

2014 first is worth a 5th round start up pick or so usually

2nd is like a 7th/8th

3rd is like a 10th/11th

I can't agree with this I think playing in the dfwc has your values off because of what Scott had posted and what people were doing a lot of bad trades were made in those leagues. Of course if you can get a 5th for a future 1st then by all means do it right away same for trading a 2nd or 3rd. When I was in the FFPC you would have to trade something like a 12th round pick plus your future 1st to get a mid 6th round pick and that was if you were lucky. People were trading their future 2nd+3rd to just move up like 6-8 spots in the 6th round. There is no way a 2nd round rookie pick is worth a 7th/8th round startup check out your drafts Steve and you will see that there was not 18 rookies picked by the end of your 8th round. We have to consider all future picks as a mid level future round since we don't know at this time what it will become. A 3rd round future pick is not worth a 10th no way barely would be worth a 15th round pick.

Edited by Henry Muto

Also depends on if your trading for them or giving them away. If you are trading away your future 1st then you best not draft a really young and inexperienced team otherwise you will be grief sticken if you end up with a top 4 pick next year that goes to another team. You really have to know what your doing to trade away a future 1st or if you decide you are going to go with a ton of vets to try and win now then that is when you trade away your future 1st and you do it before the draft before anyone knows what your going to do because once the draft starts teams will be cheery picking the 1st of weak young teams while they will not give nearly as much for teams loading up on vets.

Also at this time I would note it be super sweet if this site had a dynasty forum for just nothing by dynasty. That would rock...not sure why it can't be made separate since so many of us play dynasty now.

I think we can make this happen

A separate forum just dices up the traffic and the talk surrounding dynasty isn't enough to merit splitting it off. And for the most part, anything NFL applies to dynasty and redraft in some way.

A separate forum just dices up the traffic and the talk surrounding dynasty isn't enough to merit splitting it off. And for the most part, anything NFL applies to dynasty and redraft in some way.

I can respect that but the same could be said for IDP

• 3 weeks later...

Appreciate all the posts.. I guess I realized the value of those picks depends on each individual league and the way each person values them. Just thought Id post back on what I wound up doing..

I wound up trading away my 2014 1st rounder + 7.03 and got in return 5.10 + 7.10. I feel like I got a good value for the future pick.. That plus a few other trades has my draft order looking like this:

ect ect ect.. still have my 2014 2nd-5th

I wound up trading away my 2014 1st rounder + 7.03 and got in return 5.10 + 7.10. I feel like I got a good value for the future pick.. That plus a few other trades has my draft order looking like this:

Yes I think that was a very good trade for you nearly got a 5.10 straight up. Very nice trade but the pressure is on now to make the playoffs the worst feeling in the world is to trade away your future 1st then miss playoffs but in any event I like that trade a lot for you well done now you just need to make the pick count. Edited by Henry Muto

I see you don't start the draft until next Saturday was hoping it started today to give me something to watch...oh well until next week. There is nothing like a startup draft. I did my 1st in 1997 back in the day before I had internet. Had all the owners come over to my house and we drafted old style with a notebook pad and did not do any trades just drafted what picks you got. Then from 2010-2012 I did 6 more startups things are certainly a world of difference now. They were very time consuming and fun and maddening with all those trade offers and pretty much shutting the rest of the world out while drafting!

Edited by Henry Muto

Are the rules set up correct ? It says you start only 9 players and all the RB-WR-TE are lumped into 1 group ? Check into the rules I hope they just are not set up right.

Edited by Henry Muto

This was a pretty horrible trade for BabyDoc..how can anyone make that trade ? You move down from the 3rd to 4th by 12 spots and give up a 9th round pick to move up 8 spots in the 6th ? Seriously ?

• BabyDoc Rulz gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.03;Year 2013 Draft Pick 6.11;Year 2013 Draft Pick 9.03
  • Them216DimeBoyz gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.03;Year 2013 Draft Pick 6.03

Edited by Henry Muto