[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty

Scare Tactics

Also at this time I would note it be super sweet if this site had a dynasty forum for just nothing by dynasty. That would rock...not sure why it can't be made separate since so many of us play dynasty now.

Maybe we should worry about getting some traffic in this forum first.

• Like 1

This was a pretty horrible trade for BabyDoc..how can anyone make that trade ? You move down from the 3rd to 4th by 12 spots and give up a 9th round pick to move up 8 spots in the 6th ? Seriously ?

• BabyDoc Rulz gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.03;Year 2013 Draft Pick 6.11;Year 2013 Draft Pick 9.03

• Them216DimeBoyz gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.03;Year 2013 Draft Pick 6.03

Is Jules McLean in this league ?

Yes I also thought that was a horrible trade by him. He said his strat was to move down and add picks, but it doesnt look like he added picks, just moved down.. Ill be trying to get his 2014 1st rounder off him ASAP..

Yes Jules is in this league, she and Rob Benetti are the Co comish's for the league.

Are the rules set up correct ? It says you start only 9 players and all the RB-WR-TE are lumped into 1 group ? Check into the rules I hope they just are not set up right.

I havent looked back at the rules yet but ill check cause thats def not right.. Its basic High Stakes rules/lineup/scoring.

qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/flex/te/k/d.

Thx for pointing it out though.

best dy advice: play for year two.

that means avoiding older players, period. if you find yourself locked for a playoff spot, you can trade for an aging player petty chap from a team that's out of it.

don't draft rbs over 25, don't draft wrs or Tes over 29, don't draft qbs over 35.

rbs are over-valued, so don't be afraid to downgrade all of them. if you can't get jimmy graham at reasonable value, then wait on Tes. to we,wr,QB,wr.

the key to winning is trading, a lot. make lots of trades involving tier 4-7 guys where you always get the best Player in the deal with the intent of packaging him up again to go after a slightly better player. you can trade those borderline players for future round 2-3 picks. the idea is to upgrade and/or collect assets to later on make a big play for a stud. trading two first round, two second round and a decent player for a stud is a sure fire way to success since draft picks rarely produce a player of relatively equal value. find out who likes the shiny new toy and "over-pay" for that stud.

some teams are always rebuilding, so they're prime for trading with.

some teams would rather keep rolling the dice for a prospect to turn into a stud so they can feel smart for having found the diamond in the rough. they're good to trade with too. most nfl players trending upward don't usually become perennially studs, so leverage their new value and package them up for a true stud. I don't understand why some owners think finding the next Arian foster is more important than winning, but they do.

don't be afraid to lose a trade!

have a goal for your team and keep that vision in mind. for me, I want all my starters to be rb1, wr1, etc. what that means is, in a 12 team league, I want my wr3 to be a top 12 wr. in my three dunasty leagues, I won two and came in 2nd last year. the year before, I won one and came in 2nd. all because I realized that I wasn't some genius nfl exec with crazy insight. no silly gambles and go after real studs.

lastly, players rarely change who they are. an injury prone player will get hurt again (DMc). a stud with a strong work ethic will recover from a bad injury (ap). guys with off-field troubles will continue to have troubles; however, if those issues don't lead to suspension or onfield issues, then he a value buy (bmarshall).

double lastly, do NOT be clever. it doesn't work. when I stopped being clever, I started winning.

Thx for the posts and advice, Im always open to hearing opinions and strat.. And Im hoping Dynasty is for me since Im addicted to trading in general..

• Like 1

I wouldn't thank him for that advice

I dont knock anyone for voicing their opinions or strats. Im always open to listening to what people think or do..

Though the post basically said he wants all his players to be RB1's & WR1's heh....

Almost there a few more days! I am excited for you and hope to remember to check in early and often Saturday to see how it goes for ya.

Ya im pretty excited for my first dyansty draft. I can only imagine how it must feel to walk away from a dynasty draft and not like your team. Whole different ballgame i guess. Made a few more trades moved up in the 5th and got back into the 6th.

Ive been getting alot of offers for my 6.11 pick, I actually think I might be able to recoup a 2014 1st rounder if i move from 6.11 down to the 8th round.. Im tempted to throw an offer like that out to the people who have been after my 6.11. Im not sure that they would do it and Im not sure if I want to move that far down though. Heres where im sitting:

Do you have your heart set on 1 guy at 1.02 ? If not I would try to slid back a few spots and pick up a move in some other rounds if you can find a deal worth it.

No one seems to want to move up in the 1st, everyones willing to move back it seems. I wound up trading my 6.11 for 8.07 and a 2014 1st rounder surprisingly, then made another small trade & moved the 8.07 up to 7.05. There seems to be 1 team in this league making aweful trades.

draft for year two

Or do what I did in my startup in 2010...draft a great team win it in year 1 win it then win it again in year 3 while finishing 2nd in year 2 as well while and still have a great young team going into year 4. I like that option better than throw away a year for no reason. You can draft to win now and in the future just don't do anything stupid and take a guy like S-Jackson in the 2nd round. Last year I did 2 start ups finished 2nd in both just missing 2 titles in the FFPC high stakes $750 and $500 leagues and still have a lot of young talent. AJ Green, Dez, Harvin, Gronk, Heranndez..grrrrr, ect in 1 league just to name a few of the nice young players I was able to acquire in the startup.

Or do what I did in my startup in 2010...draft a great team win it in year 1 win it then win it again in year 3 while finishing 2nd in year 2 as well while and still have a great young team going into year 4. I like that option better than throw away a year for no reason. You can draft to win now and in the future just don't do anything stupid and take a guy like S-Jackson in the 2nd round. Last year I did 2 start ups finished 2nd in both just missing 2 titles in the FFPC high stakes $750 and $500 leagues and still have a lot of young talent. AJ Green, Dez, Harvin, Gronk, Heranndez..grrrrr, ect in 1 league just to name a few of the nice young players I was able to acquire in the startup.

I must agree, im trying to win now and every year. My main goal in getting the 3 2nd round picks was to hopefully build a nice young core that I can compete with for a long time.. But only time will tell. Believe it or not, my hardest pick right now is 1.02, still not sure what I want to do there.. I pretty much know what I want to do in round 2.

Edited by Scare Tactics

Not saying "win in year two" strategy does not have its merit but to do that strategy properly you really need to totally throw away year 1 by trading down multiple times with your 1st/2nd round startup picks and accumulate a bunch of future 1st round picks in 2014. Then when you are actually drafting you go all young and upside guys as rookies are usually had a lot cheaper in startups and every team is trying to win now. Example in 2011 you could have traded down from your 1st and 2nd round startup picks to the 3rd round and got a bunch of future 1st and still taken AJ Green and Julio Jones in the 3rd round of the startup. Last year in my startups I seen guys like Luck going in the 7th round and now look what he is worth. So if you want to play for year two you stock up on as many 2014 1st as possible while trading down I seen 1 guy stock up 10 future 1st in 1 draft and he tanked year one got Trent Richardson in the draft and traded away his other 9 2012 1st round picks for young talented proven players and now has 1 of the best possible teams you could have and he just barely edged me out for the championship last year but his team is a monster going forward. (Newton, Trent, Spiller, Cavlin, Julio, AJ Green, Dem Thomas, Gronk)

Draft starts tomorrow. Made a few more trades.. Start of the draft looks like this for me:

I have a pretty good idea what Id like to do with these picks, but Id be curious to hear other peoples opionions on which direction they would try to go with these picks.. Obv it would be all speculative based on ADP.

1.02 Jamaal Charles

2.04 Steven Jackson

2.05 Dez Bryant

2.12 Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles

5.10 Reggie Wayne

7.03 Dennis Pitta

7.05 Russell Wilson

Good plan only if your doctor has told you only have 8 months to live.