[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP Dynasty need help with keepers

I recently joined a 16 team IDP Dynasty league and am currently sifting through my ranks. I'm allowed to keep 8 players (only 1 at any given position) of my 32 man roster. The commissioner just released the list of what rd we have to give up to keep a given player on our team. (these are based on total points for the year in our scoring system) We can also only give up 1 pick per rd. I have RG3 and Arian Foster that need a 1st rd so I can only keep one of them.

Being new to IDP I don't know the defensive side of FF.

1 RG3 (QB), Arian Foster (RB)

2 Russel Allen (LB)

3 Morgan Burnett (DB)

4 Vincent Jackson (WR), Perry Riley(LB), Chris Johnson (RB)

5 Conner Barth (k), Phil Dawson (k)

6 Tyvon Branch (DB)

7 Kevin Burnett (LB)

8 Alex Smith (QB), Atari Bigby (DB), Anthony Spencer (LB)

9 Josh Wilson (DB), Jasper Brinkly (LB), Dunta Robinson (DB)

10 Patrick Robinson (DB), Rolando McClain (LB)

12 Cameron Wake (DL)

13 Dwayne Bowe (WR)

14 Derrick Morgan (DL)

17 Kendell Wright (WR), Jabaal Sheard (DL)

18 Daniel Thomas (RB) Antonio Gates (TE) Carlos Dunlop(DL)

19 Pierre Garcon (WR)

20 Stephen Hill (WR) Dustin Keller (TE)

22 Joe McKight (RB) Amobi Okoye (DL)

On the offensive side of the ball I know that Foster is worth the 1st rd pick but I have no idea if Russel Allen or Morgan Burnett is worth a 2nd or 3rd rd respectively. So who is worth the round I'd have to give up for them and is there any steals or must keeps??? (I personally think that Dustin Keller might be a steal in the 20th rd with him relocating to Miami....) Advise is welcome and I'll try to respond to any questions or comments you might have.

1 RG3 (QB), Arian Foster (RB)

2 Russel Allen (LB)- NO

3 Morgan Burnett (DB) NO

4 Vincent Jackson (WR), Perry Riley(LB) NO , Chris Johnson (RB)

5 Conner Barth (k), Phil Dawson (k)

6 Tyvon Branch (DB)- maybe

7 Kevin Burnett (LB) NO

8 Alex Smith (QB), Atari Bigby (DB) NO, Anthony Spencer (LB) NO,likely moving to DE

9 Josh Wilson (DB) NO Jasper Brinkly (LB) NO, Dunta Robinson (DB) NO

10 Patrick Robinson (DB) NO, , Rolando McClain (LB) NO

12 Cameron Wake (DL)- Yes

13 Dwayne Bowe (WR)

14 Derrick Morgan (DL) NO, keep Wake

17 Kendell Wright (WR), Jabaal Sheard (DL) NO He'll likely be listed as a LB this year hence the no

18 Daniel Thomas (RB) Antonio Gates (TE) Carlos Dunlop(DL)- NO, keep Wake

19 Pierre Garcon (WR)

20 Stephen Hill (WR) Dustin Keller (TE)

22 Joe McKight (RB) Amobi Okoye (DL) NO

The only defensive player I see that I would keep is Wake. The rest are over-valued. I'm not sure how your commish does this but a 3rd for Morgan and 6th for Branch is too high for DBs. The rest I don't really like and you could do better them them in those rounds.

Allen as a 2nd is crazy and the rest of the LBs are kind of poor except Burnett but I wouldn't pay a 6th for him. Do you have to keep 8?

On offense I'd go RGIII, CJ and Bowe. Gates over Keller for me.

Edited by Zooty

We can keep up to 8 (which to do that I'd have to keep a kicker which I'm not giving up a 5th rd pick for...)

I'm torn on if I want to keep Foster or RG3.... I thought that several of the defensive players were really high and the guy I had my eye on was Cameron Wake but didn't know it even that was too early....

Thanks for the feedback

• 4 weeks later...

I've been looking through several of the forums and IDP sites. Most of them have the std IDP scoring at 1pt per tackle and 0.5 per assist. In this league it is 2pt per tackle and 1 pt per assist. How much more valuable are Defensive players in this scoring system???

I've been looking through several of the forums and IDP sites. Most of them have the std IDP scoring at 1pt per tackle and 0.5 per assist. In this league it is 2pt per tackle and 1 pt per assist. How much more valuable are Defensive players in this scoring system???

More valuble than what? Its all relative.

I wouldn't say they are worth more than offensive players due to this

I guess what i'm trying to ask is IDP worth more that a #2 or #3 WR??? I could see a top LB getting 20 pts or more a game while a low end WR I could see be lucky to get 10... By that reasoning I should draft the LB before WR #2 or 3...

Am I making a point or a fool of myself? Or am I overlooking depth at those positions???

I guess what i'm trying to ask is IDP worth more that a #2 or #3 WR??? I could see a top LB getting 20 pts or more a game while a low end WR I could see be lucky to get 10... By that reasoning I should draft the LB before WR #2 or 3...

Am I making a point or a fool of myself? Or am I overlooking depth at those positions???

I'd say now simply due to more depth at LB than WR

LB'ers , or I should say MLB'ers, are the RB's of the defense. I would probably grab 3 LBers(and 2 for sure) before I took my 2nd WR. of course that would depend on whos on the board but steady LB'er production is what you will find on every championship IDP team.

LB'ers , or I should say MLB'ers, are the RB's of the defense. I would probably grab 3 LBers(and 2 for sure) before I took my 2nd WR. of course that would depend on whos on the board but steady LB'er production is what you will find on every championship IDP team.

All drafts are fluid so saying what you should do and when is a difficult task at best...but I'll say this...drafting TWO to THREE LBs before your WR2 isn't something I would advocate.
  • Like 1

All drafts are fluid so saying what you should do and when is a difficult task at best...but I'll say this...drafting TWO to THREE LBs before your WR2 isn't something I would advocate.

Maybe you are right brother Keggerz as I have always respected your opinion. but through my experience its worked prretty well.

Its just that playing matchups with WR's for me is more simple than other key positions.

Our keepers are officially in and I kept

Foster, Wake, Bowe and Keller. My big concern was I felt like I wasn't keeping enough people because I didn't see the value. It turns out most teams averaged about 5 keepers.

As for drafting, I agree drafts are fluid. When I was thinking about my second rd pick I was originally convinced I'd be taking a RB but after seeing 8 teams keep QBs (5 of those in the first rd...) I've been debating it depending on what is drafted in the first round. If I see a couple QBs taken I might step up and try to grab Stafford, RG3 or Kaepernick.

I plan to start drafting LBs in the 5th/6th rd but if I feel I need to grab someone in the 4th I'll do it. It's all about value and understanding that value..... Man I have a lot of homework on IDP.....