[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tight Ends - 2013 Crapshoot

DMD

2013 Tight Ends  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think you will take a tight end?

• Jimmy Graham - whatever I have to do.
    • Jason Witten - lower risk, available later than Graham
    • Hoping the NE boys fall far enough for me to get
    • I have my personal sleeper of choice I will go for
    • I'm just going to wait until 6th round or later and take what is there

Not sure I remember a time when TE was so murky. There is fantasy value to be sure, but the questions surrounding them are unusually many. Jimmy Graham is standing more and more alone at the top. Jason Witten belongs up there though he is getting old. After those?

Rob Gronkowski - back problems again, may not be ready week one

Aaron Hernandez - possible he is involved in a murder plus returning from injury

Tony Gonzalez - older than old

Heath Miller - out

Brandon Myers - moves to NY

Antonio Gates - He still plays. I think.

Jermaine Gresham - CIN hired rookie TE to compete

Martellus Bennett - on CHI now

Owen Daniels, Greg Olsen, Dennis Pitta, Kyle Rudolph, Brandon Pettigrew and Jermichael Finley are all in the same place but were not difference makers last year and no real reason to assume they will be any better this year.

To me, it all screams grab Graham or just wait.

Personally I will be more than happy rolling the dice with a mid to late round pick such as Rudolph or even Fleener

This year really is a crapshoot & I'm not gonna use up a pick earlier than the mid to late rounds ,,,,

that said ,,,, if someone was to drop a couple rounds later then I feel they should of I'm grabbing them

Personally I will be more than happy rolling the dice with a mid to late round pick such as Rudolph or even Fleener

This year really is a crapshoot & I'm not gonna use up a pick earlier than the mid to late rounds ,,,,

that said ,,,, if someone was to drop a couple rounds later then I feel they should of I'm grabbing them

It was more or less what I thought. Last year I was able to get bye with Owen Daniels and Brandon Myers after Hernandez went down with injury. If I could get near that kind of production again with a late round and/or waiver wire pick up and not having to spend an early pick on TE I would be more than happy.

Axually, I think the departure of Boldin means there IS reason to believe that Pitta could improve on numbers that made him the #7 TE last year. With Miller being one of the 6 ahead of him, he could easily move into the top 5 with just one more TD.

I'm also warming to the idea of Jermichael Finley as a backup TE--especially in PPR leagues, as he had the same number of receptions as Pitta last year (61) and couldn't really do any worse in terms of TDs (2). There's some upside to be had there.

I really don't think Gonzo's age has caused him any issues, evident last year, I see him pick up right where he left off last year.

Agree. I'd be very happy with him or Witten as my TE1.

Maybe leagues should stop requiring a TE. After 1 or 2 Te's it always seem that the rest are a muddled mess. If some NFL teams only use them to block, why can't FFL teams block them all together. I played in a league once where there was a flex which could be WR, RB, or TE. TE was not required, it was awesome! It was still competitive and lots of fun!

My secret TE strategy was to nab former international basketball player Darren Fells, who the Seahawks signed and planned on making into a TE. He was supposed to be the offensive equivalent to Richard Sherman(minus the trash-talking). Since then, however, he has been released, so I'll be waiting around until later and grabbing value where ever it falls.

Since then, however, he has been released, so I'll be waiting around until later and grabbing value where ever it falls.

He's been re-signed since then, unless you are now going a different route since he was a free agent for 12 days and no one else thought he was worth a shot?

He's been re-signed since then, unless you are now going a different route since he was a free agent for 12 days and no one else thought he was worth a shot?

I was being facetious about drafting Fells, lol. I was, however, being serious about waiting until later.

There is 2 TE this year that I like mainly due to circumstance.

First is Dustin Keller. Moving to Miami to great for him, he's going to be on a team with a young QB that will need to dump the ball off to him in checkdowns plus the WRs will draw coverage and he'll end up against a ILB or OLB at best... I see him having a good year.

Second is Jorden Cameron. Once again a young QB that has a habit of checking down to the TE and the RB (why I like Trent Richardson so much...) Watson is gone and Cameron is a big strong young guy itching for a chance to play. He got the inside track to starting and could be a big surprise