[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your favorite aspect of fantasy football?

bostonsoxandy

To accomplish something that you have dreamed your whole life about, and that you thought was never even possible and to share that while it was going on with 50 people you have never met in real life.

• Like 3

Watching late-season, prime-time games on TV when a few of my fantasy teams are in the playoffs. I love football in general (I'm a spectacular, run-stopping safety in another dimension), so watching it with a bunch of money at stake is double-sweet.

ETA: It also doesn't get much better than sitting next to Montster at the FFPC live draft, knowing the decisions we make during our 120 seconds will determine whether we win $200,000.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

Definitely the competition. The trophy case contains the years you won the big dance... all else is fluffy BS.

I love Sunday mornings at 10:30. I don't have to watch a game to get into it, sometimes only having up the game stats while I do something else. In the end, you either won or you did not win. Out of 12, it's hard to win.

• 2 weeks later...

The crazy thing is that after 23 years of playing and 17 years of The Huddle, I still get all stupid excited before a draft. I like most everything about it, but to me the draft is the best. It is addicting fun with ups and downs and surprises and disappointments for usually 20 rounds. Live ones are the best too.

The live draft with all my old college buddies is something that I look forward to all year long.

Referring mostly to my main local...

- The draft. The build up of excitement to what is essentially one of the best parties of the year and it all revolves around football and competition.

- The competition. Working to outsmart and defeat my opponents from July to January.

- The trash talk. Some of the wittiest, most crass and clever people I've ever had the pleasure to be around. Some of the funniest things I've ever heard come out of a people's mouths have been trash talk from my league mates.

Referring mostly to my main local...

- The draft. The build up of excitement to what is essentially one of the best parties of the year and it all revolves around football and competition.

- The competition. Working to outsmart and defeat my opponents from July to January.

- The trash talk. Some of the wittiest, most crass and clever people I've ever had the pleasure to be around. Some of the funniest things I've ever heard come out of a people's mouths have been trash talk from my league mates.

Yep. Nailed it. all 3

#3 I love seeing a sleeper pick pan out. Someone you hope is going to be good actually is good. It makes you feel like a genius.

#2 Draft day- its all this research, forward thinking and numbers game rolled into one.

#1 Watching a game live seeing one your players go absolutely nuts and getting to cheer them on. (also explaining to the other people at the bar why you are cheering for "The Other Team"....

)

It's already been said, but the draft. Having that gameplan at your position just to see 3 spots ahead of you that all goes to waste and you have to be flexible on the fly, a nice little adrenaline rush there.

Making the right picks in the offseason and being able to tell people I told you so, like the people that backed AP last year.

Setting the perfect lineup with a flex play even the experts tell you not to play and he goes off anyways winning you that week.

Sunday morning, setting that lineup watching the injury reports and hitting that submit button the final time. Oh and almost forgot..the beer and food too ;)

Most of all winning that championship.

I love in person drafts too but haven't found one in over 8 years, always looking for the next best league.

Edited by HoneyBadger

#3 I love seeing a sleeper pick pan out. Someone you hope is going to be good actually is good. It makes you feel like a genius.

#2 Draft day- its all this research, forward thinking and numbers game rolled into one.

#1 Watching a game live seeing one your players go absolutely nuts and getting to cheer them on. (also explaining to the other people at the bar why you are cheering for "The Other Team"....

)

How do you watch a game LIVE, if you're at a bar? Luxury suite, maybe?

I love the live draft the most. picking up peoples drops and watching them turn into studs on your team. It's even better when you play against the people that dropped said players and they put up wicked point totals. Addicting watching your live scoring. always wanting more points no matter what the total.

Well, you know I...never got to win a major championship. I would like to have had that chance. Just once. To stare down a big time drafter. To stare him down, and just as he goes to make his pick, wink. Make him think you know something he doesn't. That's what I wish for. Chance to squint at a NFL football game on tv so blue that it hurts your eyes just to look at it. To feel the tingling in your arms as you connect with that first round choice. Stretch a 2nd round pick into a 3rd rounder. That's my wish Ray Knisella. That's my wish. And is there enough magic out there in the moonlight to make this dream come true?

The crazy thing is that after 23 years of playing and 17 years of The Huddle, I still get all stupid excited before a draft. I like most everything about it, but to me the draft is the best. It is addicting fun with ups and downs and surprises and disappointments for usually 20 rounds. Live ones are the best too. Cliaz is freaking loon and I'm so glad I don't live near him.

This.

I've been in this one league since Moses was a private. Draft day morphed over the years from a draft day to a draft weekend to now a 4 day draft at a cabin way up in the western PA mountains. I can't even to begin to tell you how awesome it is...my god. No cell service, no internet, no phones - nadda. The cabin has a fresh, natural spring that is biologically inert and 90 acres of mountain side to shoot at chives. I can't wait!

How can you not love the draft? (local or live, the draft is a mainstay for FFLs, IMO) so I'll pile on + 1 for the Draft. So many thrills involved, what place do you get to pick from, Redraft/Keeper/Dyn? how many Team Managers, and player-positions are there? what is scoring like? soo many dynamics. Runs on a position, filling roster with value and needs, etc.... I also like the competition/rivalry's that have blossomed over the years (at least in my locals). the pre-draft strategies are also big for me too. projecting and scheming those rd 6 + players and sleepers. Sundays filled with ALL DAY football vewing from the time I get up, till I go to bed. then after a long day of work Monday getting to settle down with Monday Night football! (especially when I have vested intrest in some of the players for or against me!) I like how FFL makes the Whole-League more interesting, not just the "Insert homer team here ____" team's players. I like the team management aspect as well, each league/team has different qualities. so much fun. Winning is nice too, but I truly would play for free I enjoy it that much.. but since I have a chance to win some quid, Ill buy in, in hopes I can get a payout!!!

For me, the greatest part about fantasy football is that is makes just about every game exciting. Especially if you're in 2 leagues or more, the chance that either one of your players or one of your opponents' players is playing is very high.

Before fantasy I only had interest in my home team and didn't care much for any other games (except may those of a team in our division late in the year). Now almost every game influences what happens in our fantasy league, which is great.

Sad, but every year one of my friends gets more and more hysterical with every close loss, every trade he's not involved with, and every bit of smack talk until he pisses and moans that he shouldn't have played this year...he really tortures himself...and I love it. Even more than winning.

And the draft.

Bragging rights and trophy hoisting > prize money IMO. Of course, I'm not competing for $100k like Mr. Muto. But I can tell you that in my main local, getting your team name engraved on the trophy means everything. The prize money comes and goes. The trophy is forever.

As for the process itself, I see a lot of love for the draft from people on here, and while the draft itself is a very fun event, navigating the waiver wire, trades, attempting to get maximum value for players you are trading, etc. is what I find most rewarding. A few years ago, I had an absolutely abysmal draft. 6 of my first 8 picks ended up either hurt or just busts. And I turned that sinking ship into an 8-5 record through, what I consider, my finest ever in-season roster churning job. Since luck is an inevitable part of fantasy football, I think of it like poker... Did I make the best decisions I could with the information that I had at the time. Sometimes the cards fall my way after that, and sometimes they don't. It's mastery of decision making that keeps me going.

Watching idiots like AE eat crow after talking so much shiznit.