[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Mega Deal - try and win now or build for future ?

Henry Muto

Ok my FFPC dynasty league - I have Hernandez so I decided I wanted to rebuild at 1st as I didn't have a team I felt that could compete. This is 12 team PPR (1.5 TE PPR) league - 20 roster max during season and 16 in offseason (14 + K+DF). So that has to be factored in the decision on this offer. I started off by trading Pitta for Daniels + 2014 1st. Then I dealt Forte for 3 1st + K-Allen. Now I get this offer. If I take this offer I would have Brees, Murray, Ridley, Mathews, Julio, Marshall, Harvin, Britt, Maclin, Pitta, Daniels, Keller, Gostkowski, Chicago DF. Or I can stick with my core of Mathews, Julio, Marshall, Harvin, Britt, Maclin, Keller, Dobson, Allen and 5 2014 1st to build on next year. So what would you do ?

Crunch Berries proposed a

trade at 6/28/2013 11:01:47 PM

--- Crunch Berries ---

Trade Away:

Drew Brees (NOR)

DeMarco Murray (DAL)

Stevan Ridley (NWE)

Dennis Pitta (BAL)

2014 Draft, Rnd 2

Receive:

Aaron Dobson (NWE)

Darrius Heyward-Bey (IND)

Keenan Allen (SDG)

2014 Draft, Rnd 1

2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Big Baller)

2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Shock and Awe)

2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Crunch Berries)

2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Thunder Thrashers)

Be mighty hard for me to walk away from five first round picks. Brees has another two or three good years I would guess (34 now). Be nice to have him but the rest of the players involved are not difference makers at all. I'd keep the five picks next year personally.

I dunno, picking five rookies next year is kind of a crap shoot. Half of them probly won't pan out anyway. Is there any middle ground here, where you could counter with something like:

Brees

Ridley

for

Heyward-Bey

1 of your rook WRs

2 first round picks

Then you still get a couple of current studs, and still keep three first round picks.

Well I waited too long the guy revoked it his response "Yo just woke up really having second thoughts….just realized you flipped forte for 3 picks and Allen. I am giving you 3 players all comparable to Forte (all went 3rd rd in last drafts did Forte) plus Pita, plus a 2nd all for a difference of extra 2 picks and Dobson from your deal with Baller. "

Well he reconsidered and I got a deal done even got him to throw in Greg Jennings...

Traded Away:

Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)

Darrius Heyward-Bey (IND)

Aaron Dobson (NWE)

Keenan Allen (SDG)

2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Big Baller)

2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Shock and Awe)

2014 Draft, Rnd 1

2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Crunch Berries)

2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Thunder Thrashers)

Acquired:

Drew Brees (NOR)

Greg Jennings (MIN)

Dennis Pitta (BAL)

DeMarco Murray (DAL)

Stevan Ridley (NWE)

2014 Draft, Rnd 2

Not bad. You turned a lot of maybes into sure things, even if a couple of them may be approaching the twilight of their careers. Pitta, Murray and Ridley should still have plenty of tread left on their tires.

'Course, when Johnny Football declares for the draft next season after his second straight Heisman, you might be regretting it...

Edited by Axe Elf