[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best RB option at 12th spot PPR

robert terni

I doubt that Richardson will be there, assume you will have 1.12 and 2.1 serpentine? I might look at 2 stud WR's since it is PPR. All the PPR RB's will be gone, so build strength somewhere else, start a run on WR's. The RB crapshoot will be pretty much the same on you 3rd pick.

You could always throw caution to the wind and go with one D Murray. Now before you go and blast me for homerism and bring up my homer glasses post, just hear me out.

1. When he is Healthy, again, When he is healthy, the guys averages 80+ and a touch a game.

2. His Rookie year, he had a weird ankle injury when a Giant Corner dragged him down from behind by grabbing his waist and falling back on his ankle to tackle him. Then he had another freak ankle injury the next year. So one of two things are going to happen in his third year. Injury or healthy for all 16 games.

3. The Cowboys O line was none existent last year. Their starting center Costa was injured after the third play of the very first game. Cook, a free agent center with no training camp comes in and starts the next 5 or 6 games. It will be better this year. Has to be.

4. The Cowboys have only scored 13 rushing touchdowns in the last two years combined. 13 Touchdowns in two years. They know that has got to change for any success to happen. I believe they fix that this year and have a minimum of 15. Assuming Murray is in for all 16 he gets a majority of those TD's.

5. Murray catches A LOT of passes out of the backfield on swing passes and dump offs. A lot like Forte. He is dangerous in space. I also hear that they are putting him in the route tree this year also because he has good hands and "a good feel for the passing game".

6. The Defense has no choice but to be better for two reasons. Kiffin and they will have their two starting LB's Lee and Carter back, Ratliff, Ware, and some starting safeties instead of Phephra, Moore, and some other guys back there that nobody heard of and were not on the team until late in the season as free agent pickups. Fact is this defense sustained the most injuries of any team in the league to their starting players. By the end of the season they were just broken.

A better defense means the 30 points the offense puts up should hold in most games and be able to run the ball all 4 quarters and late instead of forcing Romo to throw the ball 60 times in a frantic comeback week in and week out.

Now You can may get him later in the second or quite possibly the third depending on your league but this kid has the talent and the production to be a big time number one. I have to believe he can stay healthy this year after two freak injuries. It is a risk but no more than Richardson in a sorry O taking a pounding, or Forte in Chicago and MJD in a sorry O coming off injury, and even CJ with no QB and no defense. Even S. Jackson is off my board due to his pitch count and age. St Louis new something or they wouldn't have let him go. He was all of their offense. Big guys like SJ with the amount of carries he has had over the years, tend to have the wheels come off really quickly at the end of their careers.

Upside for Murray is higher than all of them you listed. If he stays healthy of course but I gotta believe he gets this year. He's due and so are the Cowboys for a healthy and productive year.

We'll see.

Forte will probably catch 70 balls in Trestman's offense (think Charlie Garner). He is an excellent choice there, and so is Richardson. If they're both there, take them both and leave the WRs alone. Marshall, in particular, is in line for a sharp decline in targets.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

Now You can may get him later in the second or quite possibly the third

EASILY!

His ADP is 5.3 on ESPN and 6.9 on Yahoo (10-team leagues). I'd take a chance on his health in that range, but not as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.