[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First time IDP help

Our league voted in favor of drafting a 1 defensive player this year. This will be the first time I've ever even looked for defensive players. The scoring is as follows:

1/2 sack = 1 pt

Blocked punt, PAT, FG = 2

Each fumble recovered = 3

Each safety = 2

Every 5 total tackles = 1

Each interception = 3

Each fumble forced = 1

Passes defended = 1

My first thought when I saw the scoring breakdown was to target LB's, any comments concerning what position to focus on?

Any advice on players?

Thanks for the help....BTW it's a 12 team league.

I would take a LB. However since you are only starting 1 def player they are basically irrelevant and can be played like a defense or a kicker where you just grab one every couple weeks off the waiver-wire.

Probably too late now but you should suggest starting more players to really get a feel for IDP. At least 2 DL, 2 LB and 2 DBs.

.2 per tackle? Focus on guys that get to the QB and tell your league now that hey need to look at changing he scoring and adding more IDPs for next yr...mark my words that many in your league will say to get rid of IDP next yr...you will be able to blame your scoring and just 1IDP for that

• Like 1

Expand the IDP to 4 DB, 4 LB, 4 DL... start 2 each.

Then the Team D scoring is based on yards allowed, points against, forced punts... bonuses for holding less than 100 yards rushing and receiving and less than 250 passing... 3 points per forced punt... bonus for shutout.

Makes the game much more interesting.

Due to your scoring I'd go with someone who's going to get more sacks or interceptions. (which are hard to evaluate)

If you have a player that has 2 sacks in a game or 1 interception they are going to have more points than a LB with 10 tackles.

it might even be worth looking at the shutdown corners to get a point per pass defended. Someone like Revis or Haden could have 5 defended passes and be the top scorer on the defensive side of the ball

Due to your scoring I'd go with someone who's going to get more sacks or interceptions. (which are hard to evaluate)

If you have a player that has 2 sacks in a game or 1 interception they are going to have more points than a LB with 10 tackles.

it might even be worth looking at the shutdown corners to get a point per pass defended. Someone like Revis or Haden could have 5 defended passes and be the top scorer on the defensive side of the ball

I wouldn't look to a shutdown corner for passes defended...shutdown corners tend to not get thrown at all that much.

• 3 weeks later...

The LB's I love most this year are L Keuchly, Laurinautis, Sean Lee and B Wagner.

That is some wack scoring on the tackles, suggest 1 point for a solo tackle, and 1/2 point for an asisted tackle.

I'd also suggest flipping the scoring for forced fumbles and fumble recoveries. Forced fumbles take some effort and skill to make happen, recoveries are more chance, just being in the right place in the right time, not much skill entailed in that.