[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darryl Richardson

Scorcher

Saw that he is considered front runner for starting RB for Rams in the FFB player notes. He showed some signs last year. I thought he did well with many of the chances he was given last year. I think he is their best option and a potential semi sleeper. What do you guys think?

He is has only been speculated to be the front runner by people not in the organization. For one, it looks to be a committee there this year and Fisher has said as much. They will also be giving Isaiah Pead a chance to be the primary after he sort of red-shirted last year. I would not read too much into anything said about that backfield until training camp rolls around and we get a better picture of what the Rams will do. Richardson could end up with a large share of the carries but he really faded in the second half of the season. Just because he had more work than Pead last year doesn't neccessarily mean he is the guy this year. Plus they drafted Zac Stacy who could end up in the mix as well. Too early to make conclusions to me and there have been plenty of other analysts who think Richardson will be the #2 or even the #3 there this year. It doesn't help that Pead is suspended for week one.

Figure too that both Richardson (5-10, 196) and Pead (5-11, 198) are smallish backs while Zac Stacy (5-8, 216) is a more powerful runner.

This is an offense that only scored four times with a running back last year and all went to Steven Jackson who none of these guys are as good as.

I wouldn't read too much into it, other than Richardson is clearly the most proven back they have on roster (that's not saying much), though most would agree he's more suited as a COP scat back than a bellcow, probably RBBC at best... Though as we got a glimpse of last year, if he can get 12-15 touches a game, he can still have some value in this day and age of RBBCs, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Like most rookies, Stacy starts at the bottom of the depth chart and will have to earn a bigger role, but that could happen pretty easily if he shows flashes, as this is not that tough of a group to get to the top of the depth chart.

Of course same can go for Pead, but personally, I've never been sold on the kid as anything more than a contributor.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

I see at least 2 guys and most probably 3 splitting time in STL. Plus Ganaway is still lurking and I'm trying to figure out why he's getting no love at all. The kid looked like he had some NFL qualities that must not have transferred at all.