[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL 10s Leagues

WashingtonD

So I saw the banner as I was playing with the MFL ADP tools and clicked in to take a look, pretty fun stuff.

10 dollar entry fee

12 team leagues, PPR scoring

One is best ball format (draftmaster style) the other is a standard league with waivers, line up setting, but just with no trades (as there will be no "commish" at that price point)

Payout is 100 bucks to the winner, 2nd place get's an entry into a 10 league next year.

I was chilling under my umbrella a lot the past week out on cape cod so I joined two best ball formats and it's a fun little way to pass the time and maybe win a bit of loot while you are at it (I like the best ball option because I am in way too many other leagues to pick up another few where I have to set line ups each week).

I did start contemplating some strategies for best ball format leagues as a quick scan of a bunch of different sites and twitter shows there isn't a ton of good stuff out there. I'll post up some thoughts on that later.

But definitely something to check out if you have 10 bucks to burn!

(timing wise both of my leagues started less than 24 hours after I signed up)

I played in a few of those leagues last year. I have one free league coming to me for this year. The competition isn't too bad. Everyone grabbed players off the waivers. Almost everyone. There were a few owners that never showed up to draft and the clock ran out on them every round.

Also if you sign up for a few leagues all at the same time, you will probably notice that you are playing against the same people in different leagues.

Usually a $10 league won't even cover the MFL fee or your payouts wouldn't be worth it. So these are good alternatives.

Yeah, I've started doing these draft-only leagues to get my draft fix with no "hangover" during the season of having to pay attention to lineups and waivers and such. So far I keep getting crappy draft positions--7, 8 and 12--but I guess we'll see how it goes. All of them are two picks deep for me so far:

1.07 Calvin Johnson

2.06 Alfred Morris

1.08 Marshawn Lynch

2.05 Dez Bryant

1.12 Alfred Morris

2.01 Steven Jackson

Updating for the night:

1.07 Calvin Johnson

2.06 Alfred Morris

3.07 DeMarco Murray

4.06 Frank Gore

5.07 Jason Witten

6.06 Matt Ryan

1.08 Marshawn Lynch

2.05 Dez Bryant

1.12 Alfred Morris

2.01 Steven Jackson

3.12 Roddy White

4.01 Dwayne Bowe

PPR "best-ball" scoring with a flex player on top of 2 RB, 3 WR and 1 TE--and 1 pt. per 20 pass yards.

Edited by Axe Elf

Updating for the night:

1.07 Calvin Johnson

2.06 Alfred Morris

3.07 DeMarco Murray

4.06 Frank Gore

5.07 Jason Witten

6.06 Matt Ryan

1.08 Marshawn Lynch

2.05 Dez Bryant

1.12 Alfred Morris

2.01 Steven Jackson

3.12 Roddy White

4.01 Dwayne Bowe

PPR "best-ball" scoring with a flex player on top of 2 RB, 3 WR and 1 TE--and 1 pt. per 20 pass yards.

Good lord I thought I was a nuthugger. You should call up SJ and let him know your on his nut sack.