[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle vs Axe Elf a Grand Jury Hearing

Cowboyz1

Axe Clown sure has a way of corralling in all the trolls. I really dowonder if they all have a hangout forum where they chat about the good trollings they got in that day.

You nailed it.

I am not sure what is funnier - Baby Jane's Schtick or the fact that most of these people think they are somehow above other people because they are 'veterans" of a fantasy football website???

It's a chivesing fantasy football chat room. It is like a grade school clique and that is far more annoying than anything Axe has said.

8 teams make the playoffs in this league so the schedule means very little. You guys were all talking about how Axe would try and make excuses - the only people making excuses are the "veterans"

First off, the clique that once was here is all but gone. The issue here is that the guy is an obnoxious troll, and is making up advantages as he goes. The latter doesn't have anything to do with any clique, him being a troll, or even people being scared of the disadvantage.

You've been here long enough to know that corrupt commishing does not go over well here. I can't believe that our objection even has to be explained that you can't just allow a commish to make up and manipulate the schedule to his advantage, no matter how many other disadvantages he's agreed to. That's just sheisty chit and FF 101, and I have no idea why you feel the need to condone it, other than some butthurt animosity you've been holding back.

It's the principle of the thing. None of us could care in the slightest whether this does in fact give him an advantage in the sham of a league he came up with. It's also par for the course for a guy who's been nothing but an obnoxious ass taking over the forum and pushing buttons in his short time here.

The plus side is that he basically went from a can't lose league (where he either wins or has plenty of excuses) to essentially a no-win situation, since he's revealed himself as nothing more than a joke.

Edited by delusions of grandeur
  • Like 3

Nope, I've been Baby Jane since 1994. When I first logged on, we had to type into a coffee can with a string attached.

I know that's your story and your sticking to it & I should let you tell your lie the way you want to but I just can not be convinced that you could of been on this board in the past without being banned & therefor coming back under a different name

I couldn't have said it any better hook :thinking: the problem is that's probably being taken as a compliment

either that or just a statement that these boards have been quieter this off season than any in recent history

I couldn't have said it any better hook :thinking: the problem is that's probably being taken as a compliment

Ooh, burn. Good thing we have a "hooknladder" here, eh?

Huh, I did some digging and found a couple photos of you and your little pal. Hope you don't mind me sharing:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_w3lDIQSvd0c/TQ4d7Vb5NDI/AAAAAAAABLo/h-J-LqLvXTQ/s320/bullies.jpg

and

http://biffbampop.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/jabba-and-crumb1.jpg

I know that's your story and your sticking to it & I should let you tell your lie the way you want to but I just can not be convinced that you could of been on this board in the past without being banned & therefor coming back under a different name

Well, I guess I shouldn't confirm or deny anything that might add to the legend that is Baby Jane.

dammit i can't find it but I saw a study last year that a psychologist did about people that troll message boards. Without friends or companionship these people build these personas to the point that they start to believe them. And the personas are all the same. It acts as a shield. They use other people's frustration with them to make them feel stronger, and manipulate every situation so that they can't be hurt emotionally on a message board, as a way to cope with their pain from their lack of self confidence. These worlds were actually pretty fascinating. Proving them wrong won't get rid of them because they don't care. This place has become Baby Jane's life. And he will be here as long as there are still people here he can torment. The doctor said the best thing we can do to help is ignore him and hopefully he turns to more conventional social behavior eventually.

• Like 4

dammit i can't find it but I saw a study last year that a psychologist did about people that troll message boards. Without friends or companionship these people build these personas to the point that they start to believe them. And the personas are all the same. It acts as a shield. They use other people's frustration with them to make them feel stronger, and manipulate every situation so that they can't be hurt emotionally on a message board, as a way to cope with their pain from their lack of self confidence. These worlds were actually pretty fascinating. Proving them wrong won't get rid of them because they don't care. This place has become Baby Jane's life. And he will be here as long as there are still people here he can torment. The doctor said the best thing we can do to help is ignore him and hopefully he turns to more conventional social behavior eventually.

Excellent post! :clap:

Not sure if this is what you were thinking of, but I did a little searching out of curiousity.

http://newsfeed.time...-say-its-wrong/

A little snippet from the article:

“Trolling can (1) be frustrated if users correctly interpret an intent to troll, but are not provoked into responding, (2) be thwarted if users correctly interpret an intent to troll, but counter in such a way as to curtail or neutralise the success of the troller, (3) fail if users do not correctly interpret an intent to troll and are not provoked by the troller, or, (4) succeed if users are deceived into believing the troller’s pseudo-intention(s), and are provoked into responding sincerely. Finally, users can mock troll. That is, they may undertake what appears to be trolling with the aim of enhancing or increasing effect, or group cohesion.”

And here's another link that references the study you were thinking of, along with a couple others.

http://www.osnews.com/story/25540

Edited by SeductiveNun

Whether you are thrilled to be in the presence of a fantasy football master, or simply feel resentful of my expertise, the bottom line is that everyone here is becoming a better fantasy football player through the tutelage of Baby Jane.

Trolls intend to instigate chaos or argument.

I never argue; I only educate. Naturally, if there is to be any value to my education, it must at times be in conflict with the accepted consensus--but I am only in opposition to the consensus when they are wrong, not simply to be in opposition.

Those with discernment can easily tell the difference--and those are the ones bringing home the trophies at the end of the season.

As the nursery rhyme goes...

"Listen to the Elf,

Trophy on the shelf.

Listen to the others,

Go crying to your mothers."

Edited by Axe Elf

Wow, I take off for a few days and stuff hit the fan.

Never trust anyone who refers to himself in the third person.

Edited by Wolverines Fan
  • Like 1

Whether you are thrilled to be in the presence of a fantasy football master, or simply feel resentful of my expertise, the bottom line is that everyone here is becoming a better fantasy football player through the tutelage of Baby Jane.

Trolls intend to instigate chaos or argument.

I never argue; I only educate. Naturally, if there is to be any value to my education, it must at times be in conflict with the accepted consensus--but I am only in opposition to the consensus when they are wrong, not simply to be in opposition.

Those with discernment can easily tell the difference--and those are the ones bringing home the trophies at the end of the season.

As the nursery rhyme goes...

"Listen to the Elf,

Trophy on the shelf.

Listen to the others,

Go crying to your mothers."

Yep, you've taught everybody not to trust tools like yourselve. Now do us a favor and go play in traffic.

impressive to be sure.....but do you know the "difference between" qualified analyst and cronie? :thinking:

I do, actually, and feel pretty damn confident on which side of the fence I'm on. :tup:

Also, I feel pretty comfortable with third-grade English. You?

I do, actually, and feel pretty damn confident on which side of the fence I'm on. :tup:

Also, I feel pretty comfortable with third-grade English. You?

you are the weakest member of the staff, that is why you are reduced to name calling and insults....-stick with spelling, fantasy football advice is not for you. every post you make reminds me why i stopped PAYING for this site.