[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle vs Axe Elf a Grand Jury Hearing

Cowboyz1

you are the weakest member of the staff, that is why you are reduced to name calling and insults....-stick with spelling, fantasy football advice is not for you. every post you make reminds me why i stopped PAYING for this site.

:mouth:

Lots of bad blood in here and I don't really know why.

Maybe I'm crazy but I don't really see why Baby Jane is getting crucified in here.

1) Baby Jane has opinions on FF. Agree with them on not, that's relevant for this forum. Quite frankly, there are some tendencies in his drafting and methodology that I actually (I refuse to spell it your way AE, that's the line) agree with. Argue about the message, not the messenger.

2) Sure, there was a curveball in the all-waiver league that some people (many who aren't even in the league) were upset over. Am I upset? More at myself for not catching it than anything. I still intend to find a way to beat AE during our matchup and like everyone else, despite this thread, I will play in that league to win. Understandably, others may not share my view of how that went down but that's my stance. I have bigger problems to get bent out of shape over.

3) I've yet to see AE fall prey to some of the antagonizing that he's endured thus far. Antagonizing that I don't think is warranted to be honest. Troll gets thrown around a lot in this thread and another one. I believe that it is many huddlers that are attempting to troll AE and he isn't taking the bait. Frustration leads to an ignore. Maybe it's better that way but there are a lot of huddlers who are looking like the childish ones in my opinion.

4) Love him or hate him, he's given life to a board that has been a wasteland for months.

I understand that my viewpoint might earn me an ignore as well. So be it. The threat of an ignore doesn't change how I think about it nor my willingness to share my opinion.

-TJ

• Like 2

Lots of bad blood in here and I don't really know why.

Maybe I'm crazy but I don't really see why Baby Jane is getting crucified in here.

1) Baby Jane has opinions on FF. Agree with them on not, that's relevant for this forum. Quite frankly, there are some tendencies in his drafting and methodology that I actually (I refuse to spell it your way AE, that's the line) agree with. Argue about the message, not the messenger.

2) Sure, there was a curveball in the all-waiver league that some people (many who aren't even in the league) were upset over. Am I upset? More at myself for not catching it than anything. I still intend to find a way to beat AE during our matchup and like everyone else, despite this thread, I will play in that league to win. Understandably, others may not share my view of how that went down but that's my stance. I have bigger problems to get bent out of shape over.

3) I've yet to see AE fall prey to some of the antagonizing that he's endured thus far. Antagonizing that I don't think is warranted to be honest. Troll gets thrown around a lot in this thread and another one. I believe that it is many huddlers that are attempting to troll AE and he isn't taking the bait. Frustration leads to an ignore. Maybe it's better that way but there are a lot of huddlers who are looking like the childish ones in my opinion.

4) Love him or hate him, he's given life to a board that has been a wasteland for months.

I understand that my viewpoint might earn me an ignore as well. So be it. The threat of an ignore doesn't change how I think about it nor my willingness to share my opinion.

-TJ

I actually agree with a lot of this. But I also understand a lot of people feel like AE pulled a fast one. I definitely wouldn't have anticipated the cherry picked nature of the schedule.

Just curious what other people think - but I bet if AE had spelled out that he was going to cherry pick himself the easiest schedule, even though that would reduce his risk of missing the playoffs, the league would've still filled up because it's still AE against the rest of the field in the playoffs.

I do think it would be a more interesting experiment to see how the AE team would fair against a typical schedule instead of the cherry picked version.

I agree 100% with this point ,, man I remember in years past the boards were alive by this time of the year , but this year & last they have been dead & AE has added some life to them.

Now all that being said I still think he has been here in the past under a different name and now is back as Baby Jane :D

Maybe because he's come in with the utmost arrogance, trollish demeanor with regard to how he treats other people's opinions as if they're below him, pulled a sheisty move to give himself an advantage, taken over the forum with his posts while pushing the buttons of the community he's seeking to be a part of. He most certainly hasn't acted like someone who comes here seeking respect. He's come in acting like a total tool, and created the antagonizing he's received. He's just acting like he's above what he caused, because well, that's what trolls do. You don't have to be one to act like one.

Though I agree it's not worth our time to feed into this trollish ego game he's trying to play, hence why most of us have just put him on ignore.

• Like 1

Outside the "scheduling conflict" , I think it is way more entertaining to have a so called antagonist here, otherwise who would everyone have to bitch about. Agree with him/her or not, at least it's not another round of RMT or who are u picking #2. IMHO

Maybe because he's come in with the utmost arrogance, trollish demeanor with regard to how he treats other people's opinions as if they're below him, pulled a sheisty move to give himself an advantage, taken over the forum with his posts while pushing the buttons of the community he's seeking to be a part of. He most certainly hasn't acted like someone who comes here seeking respect. He's come in acting like a total tool, and created the antagonizing he's received. He's just acting like he's above what he caused, because well, that's what trolls do. You don't have to be one to act like one.

Though I agree it's not worth our time to feed into this trollish ego game he's trying to play, hence why most of us have just put him on ignore.

yeah...im sure he's feeln real butthurt over all the "antagonizing he's receiving from the communtiy he's seeking to be part of"....-but i'll bet all those suckas money probably helps a little. :tup:

I actually agree with a lot of this. But I also understand a lot of people feel like AE pulled a fast one. I definitely wouldn't have anticipated the cherry picked nature of the schedule.

Just curious what other people think - but I bet if AE had spelled out that he was going to cherry pick himself the easiest schedule, even though that would reduce his risk of missing the playoffs, the league would've still filled up because it's still AE against the rest of the field in the playoffs.

I do think it would be a more interesting experiment to see how the AE team would fair against a typical schedule instead of the cherry picked version.

What I get from this whole situation is this...

AE made a proposition/dare that was, as the thread title states, an "interesting proposition". Cool idea actually, and reeled in a lot of veteran Huddlers who are savvy FF competitors and up for the challenge...why not? The tone was great as it was being set up, everyone looking forward to it, a good way to get some buzz going along with a little trash talk on the boards....fun, right? I think I even saw a "welcome to the Huddle" comment from one of the league members, directed toward AE.

I've followed this forum for 4 years now, and one thing I've learned is that Huddlers take a lot of pride in the integrity of their leagues, and the way they are run. Any time you see questions about league issues regarding rules, commish's integrity, honesty and fairness in dealings with league members, etc., it is very obvious that these are values that are engrained in the DNA of most of these Huddlers. Huddlers take the hobby seriously, and this is important to them. I've always admired that, and along with the incredible amount of knowledge and info that can be had here, is one of the reasons I return every year.

Given this, it is not surprising at all to me that AE's actions in over-reaching his authority as commish do not sit well with these league members. I don't think the issue is what type and how much of an advantage the schedule-fixing brings. Not at all. It's more about: how could you feel good about being in a league with that kind of commish at the helm? Not to mention that he is still the commish and has the authority to pull more BS...and holds the money.

Edited by SecondString
  • Like 2

Wow, I take off for a few days and stuff hit the fan.

Never trust anyone who refers to himself in the third person.

BS Miscreant couldn't agree more.
  • Like 1

I can't shake the feeling that I've been sucked into some sort of bizarre internet reality show that is supposed to resemble a written transcript of a professional wrestling drama. The star, and villain, is obviously a professional wrestler. His look(see avatar), and the over the top hubris that you only see in pro wrestling is so ridiculous that it has to be manufactured. He did something "bad". Not terrible but dishonest and the crowd responded negatively. In true wrastlin' fashion, the star/villain comes back with a retort(or multiple such responses) that only serve to turn the rabid fans even more passionately against him and also in true wrastlin' form the fans whip themselves up into a frenzy over it. I can hear the booing and see the fans throwing things at him and even spitting at him as he struts to the ring waving on the jeers while flexing and blowing kisses to the arena on his way to the microphone that will drop from the ceiling so that he can continue "unwittingly" egging them on. All the while, the announcers and hosts sit at their various posts discussing how as obnoxious as he may be he is great for wrestling. Some even suggesting his talent might warrant some positive attention if not so grossly overshadowed by his preposterous shenanigans.

yeah...im sure he's feeln real butthurt over all the "antagonizing he's receiving from the communtiy he's seeking to be part of"....-but i'll bet all those suckas money probably helps a little. :tup:

It's interesting that such a complete tool as yourself feels that he can sit in judgment on anyone else. And as to the "suckas" reference - so you are also saying that Ass Elf has no intention of paying out when he loses? Or is that simply more bluster because you don't have anywhere near the balls to cover your ego when it comes to backing up your mouth, so you make yourself feel better by yapping like the little chihuahua who knows he's safe behind the fence?

It's interesting that such a complete tool as yourself feels that he can sit in judgment on anyone else. And as to the "suckas" reference - so you are also saying that Ass Elf has no intention of paying out when he loses? Or is that simply more bluster because you don't have anywhere near the balls to cover your ego when it comes to backing up your mouth, so you make yourself feel better by yapping like the little chihuahua who knows he's safe behind the fence?

uh-oh....sombody sounds butt-hurt....must have got asselfed! :jump:

What I get from this whole situation is this...

AE made a proposition/dare that was, as the thread title states, an "interesting proposition". Cool idea actually, and reeled in a lot of veteran Huddlers who are savvy FF competitors and up for the challenge...why not? The tone was great as it was being set up, everyone looking forward to it, a good way to get some buzz going along with a little trash talk on the boards....fun, right? I think I even saw a "welcome to the Huddle" comment from one of the league members, directed toward AE.

I've followed this forum for 4 years now, and one thing I've learned is that Huddlers take a lot of pride in the integrity of their leagues, and the way they are run. Any time you see questions about league issues regarding rules, commish's integrity, honesty and fairness in dealings with league members, etc., it is very obvious that these are values that are engrained in the DNA of most of these Huddlers. Huddlers take the hobby seriously, and this is important to them. I've always admired that, and along with the incredible amount of knowledge and info that can be had here, is one of the reasons I return every year.

Given this, it is not surprising at all to me that AE's actions in over-reaching his authority as commish do not sit well with these league members. I don't think the issue is what type and how much of an advantage the schedule-fixing brings. Not at all. It's more about: how could you feel good about being in a league with that kind of commish at the helm? Not to mention that he is still the commish and has the authority to pull more BS...and holds the money.

Great post

• Like 1

• 1 month later...