[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle vs Axe Elf a Grand Jury Hearing

Cowboyz1

Good advice. I added an entry to my ignore list. :tup:

Poof, all entries are gone.

I did it weeks ago. Highly recommended. Now if I could just get everyone to QUIT QUOTING HIM I'd be super.

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY.

In your own words, you wanted two concessions:

"As compensation for this handicap, I will ask for two concessions:

1) Each week from the completion of the draft throughout the season, I will have the first waiver priority.

2) If I win the league, I will take home the entire $200. (Finishing second or third will net me the regular payouts.)"

You see, these are rules that deviate from the norm, so they needed to be spelled out. Only asking for two concessions implies that all other aspects of the league shall be 'standard operating procedure'. In a 10 team league, the standard schedule would be to play one's own division twice and each from the other division once. 13 games and then on to the playoffs. Yahoo could randomly generate this schedule nicely. But it IS NOT standard operating procedure for the Commish, or anyone else, to hand select when they play another team based on that team's roster and bye weeks. For you to smugly say, "it wasn't in the rules that I couldn't do that and I'm looking for any advantage I can get." proves, well, Denny Green said it best, YOU ARE WHO WE THOUGHT YOU WERE!

AXE = CHEATER.

It's kind of counter-intuitive to complain about all of the childish behaviors by, well, behaving childishly, don't ya think?

Don't think I'm behaving like a child, it threads like this and posts like yours that is making these forums less useful every year. There was a time these forums and this site were full of quality info and educated football discussion. I check back periodically to see if there's anything useful and as usual there's not. All of the boards have become the tailgate and all the members who would share useful info and have educated discussions are gone. All that's left is bronco billy and bunch of social networkers. Such a shame. Maybe it's time to stop letting friends, friends of friends, cousins of friends and friends of cousins be moderators and contributors and pour some water on whats become the biggest pu$$y pow wow in fantasy football. If I were a gambling man I'd bet paid memberships are on the decline.

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

AXE = CHEATER.

I set the schedule up exactly as I said I would. That's not cheating.

You're just pissy because you have to play me late in the season, when you won't have any healthy RBs left--but you have to play SOMEONE then.

Edited by Axe Elf

I did it weeks ago. Highly recommended. Now if I could just get everyone to QUIT QUOTING HIM I'd be super.

This is precisely what the sentence will be upon conclusion of this hearing.

I'd strongly suggest that everyone simply stop feeding the troll. Just ignore anything and everything he posts. Swiss suggested the same thing earlier. I already cut him off after catching him cheating in the league he set up. I have no intention of responding to any of his sophomoric crap any longer. Eventually an ego like his will starve and he'll seek sustainance elsewhere.

Once this hearing is complete, the keebler will be shunned or Eschewed as I so stated.

Submitted for evidence to support my testimony, Axe's rules as laid out to the huddle:

"Here is the text of my original proposal on that site:

I will join a 10-team league with nine other members. There will be a $20 entry fee with a total prize pool of $200, paying $100 to first place, $60 to second place, and $40 to third place. If there are more than nine applicants, the nine participants will be chosen by myself. Those nine owners will participate in a slow (12-hour timer suspended from midnight to 6am) online snake draft in which they MUST draft 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs, 1 K and 1 D/ST--no more and no less at any position. After the draft is completed, however, teams will no longer have to adhere to those positional limits. Starting lineups will be 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 D/ST, with standard, non-PPR scoring.

There will be two divisions of five teams each. Each team will have a home and away series with their divisional rivals, and play each of the other five teams once in a 13-team season. The worst team in each division will then be eliminated, and the other 8 teams will be re-seeded #1 through #8 for the three playoff weeks.

Did you notice that I said "THOSE NINE OWNERS" will participate in the draft?

My handicap will be that I will choose my team from the free agents left at the completion of the snake draft.

As compensation for this handicap, I will ask for two concessions:

1) Each week from the completion of the draft throughout the season, I will have the first waiver priority.

2) If I win the league, I will take home the entire $200. (Finishing second or third will net me the regular payouts.)

The draft will likely be hosted at MyFantasyLeague.com, and the league itself will likely be hosted at yahoo.com.

Any questions?

Any takers?"

Nowhere in the rules of this league does it say that Ass Elf gets to set the schedule of WHEN teams play each other. This would be a concession as it is not how MFL or Yahoo or any league on the planet is set up. Period.

It was not listed as one of the two concessions that Ass Elf wanted.

AXE= CHEATER

I rest my case.

• Like 1

Pretty much the same as this board. Some members are grateful for the wisdom, insight and knowledge that helps them bring home the hardware, and then there are those who ridicule and taunt throughout the preseason, only to realize that they missed the train come December.

It's pretty much the same in any educational system. You have those who are there to extract the maximum learning from the tuition they pay, and then there are others who just think the teachers are stupid.

Exhibit B

Let the record show that the defendant is delusional while continuing to flaunt his A$$ costume and impersonate a knowledgeable FF player.

• Like 3

Submitted for evidence to support my testimony, Axe's rules as laid out to the huddle:

"Here is the text of my original proposal on that site:

I will join a 10-team league with nine other members. There will be a $20 entry fee with a total prize pool of $200, paying $100 to first place, $60 to second place, and $40 to third place. If there are more than nine applicants, the nine participants will be chosen by myself. Those nine owners will participate in a slow (12-hour timer suspended from midnight to 6am) online snake draft in which they MUST draft 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs, 1 K and 1 D/ST--no more and no less at any position. After the draft is completed, however, teams will no longer have to adhere to those positional limits. Starting lineups will be 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 D/ST, with standard, non-PPR scoring.

There will be two divisions of five teams each. Each team will have a home and away series with their divisional rivals, and play each of the other five teams once in a 13-team season. The worst team in each division will then be eliminated, and the other 8 teams will be re-seeded #1 through #8 for the three playoff weeks.

Did you notice that I said "THOSE NINE OWNERS" will participate in the draft?

My handicap will be that I will choose my team from the free agents left at the completion of the snake draft.

As compensation for this handicap, I will ask for two concessions:

2) If I win the league, I will take home the entire $200. (Finishing second or third will net me the regular payouts.)

The draft will likely be hosted at MyFantasyLeague.com, and the league itself will likely be hosted at yahoo.com.

Any questions?

Any takers?"

Nowhere in the rules of this league does it say that Ass Elf gets to set the schedule of WHEN teams play each other. This would be a concession as it is not how MFL or Yahoo or any league on the planet is set up. Period.

It was not listed as one of the two concessions that Ass Elf wanted.

AXE= CHEATER

I rest my case.

Then your case is that I have followed everything I proposed to the letter? Obviously, if I'm going to set up the schedule so that each team has a home and away series with their divisional rivals, and plays each of the other five teams once in a 13 game series, I am going to be determining when the teams play each other as well.

So thanks for being on my side... Just don't know why you would call me a cheater after showing that I've done everything that I said I would do.

Edited by Axe Elf

Are people allowed in the courtroom during proceedings? if so, Id like to wear my banana hammock.

Then your case is that I have followed everything I proposed to the letter? Obviously, if I'm going to set up the schedule so that each team has a home and away series with their divisional rivals, and plays each of the other five teams once in a 13 game series, I am going to be determining when the teams play each other as well.

So thanks for being on my side... Just don't know why you would call me a cheater after showing that I've done everything that I said I would do.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!

Yahoo can RANDOMLY assign WHEN teams play. The Commish DOES NOT have that power in ANY LEAGUE. EVER!

AXE = CHEATER

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!

Yahoo can RANDOMLY assign WHEN teams play. The Commish DOES NOT have that power in ANY LEAGUE. EVER!

AXE = CHEATER

It is abundantly clear at this point that he knows that this is not in any/way shape or form an acceptable way to formulate a schedule, even in a league with concessions, as this was not stated as a concession that the commish could manipulate the schedule as he sees fit, and to his own advantage. Most normal leagues would set the schedule before the draft for jsut this reason, and it would have to be stated if it would be done manually after the fact, not implied that anything goes. A commish's role is to ensure fairness, not to assume all powers not expressly prohibited to give himself an advantage.

But there is no point in trying to reason with him, when he knows damn well this is the case, and is just being intentionally obtuse.

I thought before that he might just be one of those owners who think that anything that's not expressly spelled out is allowed (which is despicable enough in itself), but it's clear he's just doing this to get off on the attention he receives, whether it be positive or negative. Trolling 101. Don't give him what he wants.

The prosecution rests it's case, and will not be seeking penalty unless site administration sees it fit to remove this unneeded distraction. We move that all members just ignore him, rather than validate his ridiculousness and sad excuse of an ego.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Sugar predicted the outcome. Sentencing has been carried out. Hereby ignored.

Actually screw it, I think DMD and WW should just ban his ass, as there aren't many things more despicable in the FF world than for a commish to manipulate a league where money is on the line to his own advantage beyond what's spelled out in the rules (the reason why I can understand some being unwillnig to let it go). Plenty have been banned here for far less, and he's shown that he wants to use this as his personal trolling playground to push buttons, get attention (and who knows, maybe to even try to scam a few bucks), not to the betterment of the forum.

It was amusing for a short period, but all he's doing now is trying to piss off people.

But either way, we'd all be best served to not feed the troll.

there aren't many things more despicable in the FF world than for a commish to manipulate a league where money is on the line to his own advantage ... he's shown that he wants to use this as his personal trolling playground to push buttons, get attention (and who knows, maybe to even try to scam a few bucks)

I don't mind some of the misguided name-calling and such, but it is rather irksome when you people speak about things that you don't seem to even care to understand. I have already said many times that I would return everyone's money, if they so wished--or even contribute my OWN money to the prize pool without being eligible for prizes, if they so wished--and nobody, not one, NONE of the axual league members have elected to request either of those options.

So to keep saying that it's a ploy to extract money from my students unfairly is, well, unfair.

What someone needs to do--if they really want to make a case here--is to demonstrate that the randomization of the schedule would somehow change the overall results--that different teams would get into the playoffs, and once in the playoffs, the outcome of the playoffs would be affected. In the absence of any evidence to substantiate that claim...

CASE DISMISSED!

troll, troll, troll

That is the league's decision to not give you the satisfaction of them backing out, even in the face of your clearly manipulative and despicable behavior in gaming the schedule to your own advantage. Unlike you, they actually have honor.

But who knows, with you holding the money rather than leaguesafe, I have no idea if you'll end up paying up later, or if you'd even hold true to your promise to refund now. It's beside the point anyway.

No one needs to, nor can make a case that things would be hypothetically different, all that needs to be shown is that you are manipulating the schedule to your own perceived advantage. It matters not if it works out for you or backfires, it is a despicable abuse of a commish's power to claim powers not expressly given to him, and for the purpose of added advantage

To be clear, I'm not so much writing this to you as I am the others who may think that a commish has any power that is not expressly prohibited. That is not the role of commish. It's to ensure fairness, when rules cannot possibly cover all contingencies like this. It is a gross abuse of that power to use it for additional advantage not speleed out before hand, and I'm quite sure you know that.

Now back to ignoring you, and I really hope David chooses to remove this unneeded distraction who baited and switched on respected Huddlers. You're the lowest of internet scum, and I'm glad you went ahead and revealed that to everyone so we can stop wasting our time feeding your lame clown schtick.

That is the league's decision to not give you the satisfaction of them backing out

Toldja twice now, they wouldn't have to "back out" to play for free, or to play for MY money without me being prize-eligible.

I know it's difficult to stay grounded in the facts when you're really only interested in spewing venom at the crazy notion of a league without a random schedule, but try to stay focused here.