[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafting tools you bring to the table

Joessfl

How much time do you typically put in before the draft? Typical PPR 10 man and $100 entry.

I usually spend 3-4 hours, but it seems like not enough some years. Reading up on the players, identifying rookies, risky players, marking who I would like and who I would not and some teams to stay away from if I can. I also mock (by myself) 5-10 times just to see what my options are for the first three to five rounds just to see who would get picked and what I would do i some situations. If anything it just sets expectations on who i wind up with.

The only other thing i'll print out is the depth chart for all of the teams. It's nice to know who is so and so handcuff. It is also nice to be able to see if someone is considered a #2 or #3 WR on a team. (even though that can go out the window.....)

I am still old-school. I bring a paper cheatsheet that I create which usually is two pages. One page is just QB-RB-WR and the other is TE-PK-DEF with extra room to write down my team and track others for QB/TE if I am near an end.

How much time do you typically put in before the draft? Typical PPR 10 man and $100 entry.

I usually spend 3-4 hours, but it seems like not enough some years. Reading up on the players, identifying rookies, risky players, marking who I would like and who I would not and some teams to stay away from if I can. I also mock (by myself) 5-10 times just to see what my options are for the first three to five rounds just to see who would get picked and what I would do i some situations. If anything it just sets expectations on who i wind up with.

I spend 3-4 hours on dynasty rookie drafts, about 30 minutes max on redrafts.

the crappy Keebler cookie are just the worst kind of cookie. One time, they cheated me out of a cookie. The package of Keebler cookies was supposed to contain 30 cookies but it only had 25. Keebler cookies cheated me out of cookies!

Chips ahoy are the best. There used to be 16 chips in every cookie. I've counted quite a few and that was always the average. Never 14 or 15.

I am in a dynasty keeper League and we do an auction draft, I make an excel spreadsheet with multiple tabs such as my team, free agents by position, other peoples teams, bye week/schedule, and a Targets tab for players i want.

I like using a latop for many reasons such as a quick look up online of a player (normally in the later rounds) and i like being able to just copy and paste players and having excel do all the math.

there are always 1-3 people in my league who come un prepared so i for some reason print out cheat sheets from like espn and give them that so no one asks to look at my rankings or stuff. This actually is nice to have because all your really doing is print the generic rankings...

I suggest getting a big color coded draft board with stickers for the room so you don't need to track your color coded spreadsheet/grid manually on your computer and can make better use of your time. All I bring is a list of rankings (I pre-highlight players I am targeting) and a laptop for looking things up mid draft.

All I need is an ashtray, paddleball game, remote control, matches, lamp, chair , magazine and a dog

Since you have the ashtray and matches, which of the remaining items you mentioned are you burning/smoking? Chair, magazine...;)

I am in a dynasty keeper League and we do an auction draft, I make an excel spreadsheet with multiple tabs such as my team, free agents by position, other peoples teams, bye week/schedule, and a Targets tab for players i want.

I like using a latop for many reasons such as a quick look up online of a player (normally in the later rounds) and i like being able to just copy and paste players and having excel do all the math.

there are always 1-3 people in my league who come un prepared so i for some reason print out cheat sheets from like espn and give them that so no one asks to look at my rankings or stuff. This actually is nice to have because all your really doing is print the generic rankings...

If someone asked to look at my rankings at a live draft I would stab them in the eye with a fork.

• Like 1

I suggest getting a big color coded draft board with stickers for the room so you don't need to track your color coded spreadsheet/grid manually on your computer and can make better use of your time. All I bring is a list of rankings (I pre-highlight players I am targeting) and a laptop for looking things up mid draft.

The only problem with that is you are helping the entire room keep track as well. You can use conditional formatting to color the cells once populated.

Magazines are not useless. Buy some from this year and save them to bring to your draft next year. When someone asks to see your sheets just hand them one of the mags. Its there own fault for not preparing.

:lol: I read that somewhere (msaint's book maybe?) and... so true.

I can't believe that guys at WCOFF (RIP) actually drafted from magazines. :blink:

Me? Huddle cheat sheet (with my own color-coding to indicate guys I'm high on, guys to avoid, etc.), sharpie to cross names off and a 12-pack. :beer:

I use our customized cheat sheet interface to create my rankings, then geneate a single-sheet printable which contains the rankings at all of the standard fatasy positions. This is really all I need to make my selections.

However, depending on when my league drafts, I usually do a quick sanity-check of each selection (i.e. a quick Google New Search) to ensure that guys I'm about to draft didn't break his leg, get a DUI, or strangle a hooker.