[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OT: Sunday Ticket

Heroes2010

Also, ST is back on consoles this year, PS3/PS4/Xbox One. And you don't even have to have DirecTV anymore to get ST. You can buy a digital subscription to ST, and stream on a console/CPU/Tablet/Phone without being a DirecTV subscriber. Im not sure why DTV would do this, because anyone with cable can now pay for streaming ST, doesn't give much incentive for cable subscribers to switch to DTV.

Except to get off the asscrack service that TWC is. I'd switch in a heartbeat if I could but I live in a condo with serious tree issues. Calling all Alabama fans.

I'm hoping the ST isn't horrible on the console like it used to be. I'll buy a console if so just for ST.

Ding, Ding, Ding.. That was me! :)

Just as any other big company, their agents aren't all on the same level. One person may not know and will tell you that, and find the answer for you. Someone else may not know, and will just tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone.

At any rate, speak to their retention department. I think certain people are allowed certain offers as the rep will talk out loud and say "Let me see what offers are available to 'you'". She initially offered me the MAX package at half price, I told her not interested in paying $150 for something I don't want - I just want the RedZone channel. She asked me if I wanted HBO/Showtime for 6 months for free? I told her sure, but I still don't have channel 703. I could hear her clicking around and then asked me what if she gave me $20/month off my bill for the next 12 months, I told her I appreciate that, and won't say no, but still want the RedZone channel. She was quiet for about 30 seconds, and said, here it is - I can offer you the RedZone channel at no charge. SOLD! No contract extensions, no obligations..

While we were on the phone, she asked me to tune to channel 501 - I told her I had it. She asked me to tune to 545. I told her I had that. Just to make sure I wasn't paying for the Ticket or Redzone channel, I logged into my account and my bill was adjusted - went from $154 to $78. I checked my subscriptions, I didn't see the RedZone channel listed there, so I checked my account activity - I saw it there. Said "RedZone" $0.00.

I think the availability of deals is a function of how much service you purchase, how long you've been a customer, and how much free stuff they've given you lately. It's just a systematic way of doing business and I can't say I fault them for approaching it this way. They called me about a month ago offering some showtime or something and I declined, not wanting to burn my freebie stockpile. I will be calling them in the next week or two to try and get ST.

It took me a week this year. I made the first call last Monday and was only offered a dicounted rate of $31.99 per month. I went ahead and cancelled it. I then send an e-mail to them later that night saying the Sunday Ticket was the only reason I have had DirecTV since 2001 and that I was thinking of cancelling all of my service and going with Xfinity, who has been hounding me lately. I got a return e-mail saying that they were very sorry that I was thinking of doing this and that were escalating my e-mail. Yesterday, I finally got another e-mail with a number to call and a pin code. She offered my the Sunday Ticket Max for half price of $40.99 for four months and a bill credit of $20 for the entire year. They then offered a free upgrade to the Genie. The only fee was a $3.00 charge for Genie service, but she said that she would give me another $10 monthly credit for the year. So I got Sunday Ticket Max and a Genie upgrade for a total of negative $160. That worked for me. First time I have every had to actually cancel it before. I was a little worried.

I just cancelled the ticket - can't beleive they let a ...what , 14 year subscriber walk, but they did. Offered me $90 off. I told her I was only really interested in the Red Zone channel, and she said they couldn't give it to me ala cart. I dropped "Oh I guess I would have to get that from my cable company then..." but she seemed unfazed. Did offer me blah blah blah, a few extras but nothing that moved the needle. I told her I wasn't really interested and to go ahead an kill it. She did. Oh well. Guess I will have to divorce Directv after all this time. Sigh....

she said they couldn't give it to me ala cart.

Bullisht. They gave it to me. I would keep on them.. You can't buy just the redzone channel, but they can comp it to you..

EDIT: I'd paste a screenshot of this transaction, but this format won't allow me.. Anyway..

07/29/2014 XXXXXXXX6764 Red Zone Channel 2014 HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00

Edited by Shorttynaz

Bullisht. They gave it to me. I would keep on them.. You can't buy just the redzone channel, but they can comp it to you..

As I've said before, that is the problem with their policies, making special deals and such for some customers while telling others "nope sorry cannot do that". Whatever their reasons (so many deals per week per rep, how long you've been a customer, what premium packages you have, etc. ) it means giving some customers beter deals than others, even when they try to cancel.

If all either of you guys wanted was RZ, just drop DirecTV and go with any number of other providers that will sell you RZ separately. If you don't want ST why keep putting up with their nonsense. Especially since that new TV provider will automatically give you good deals when you sign up since you are a new customer.

As I've said before, that is the problem with their policies, making special deals and such for some customers while telling others "nope sorry cannot do that". Whatever their reasons (so many deals per week per rep, how long you've been a customer, what premium packages you have, etc. ) it means giving some customers beter deals than others, even when they try to cancel.

If all either of you guys wanted was RZ, just drop DirecTV and go with any number of other providers that will sell you RZ separately. If you don't want ST why keep putting up with their nonsense. Especially since that new TV provider will automatically give you good deals when you sign up since you are a new customer.

Cause I was with the local cable company (Cox Communications) before I switched to DirecTV in 2003. My mom still has them and so do my in-laws - they constantly complain about how the cable is always going out, they get billed for things they never signed up for, and dealing with their customer service is more painful than dealing with DirecTV. I like DirecTV, and I can't fault them for not wanting to give away a package that costs $300 - but to harass someone and tell a long standing customer to go somewhere else isn't the way to go about it either - they're not doing their job in the retention department if they're letting people walk over $90..

EDIT: In "rattsass" case, I would just call back in a few days and talk to someone else. The season doesn't start for another month - try to get someone else to hook you up. There was only one year I can think of that I had to call more than once. As far as packages and what services you have, that doesn't make a lot of sense either - I have the choice package, 4 TV's, HD Service, and the Genie service. My bill is less than $100/month.. I don't know if it's cause I've been with them for so long - but persistence pays off - especially if they've been getting your $$ all these years.. Someone will hook you up.. I also have heard (a buddy of mine tried this 2 days ago) the reps sometimes tell you to call back in mid-August as they're more willing to give it away as the season nears - they see it is hook line and sinker - they're not gonna lose your business if they give you a reason to stay - something you're gonna get to take advantage of shortly.. I wouldn't cancel yet - I'd try again in another week or so..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Just out of curiosity, how much cheaper is DirectTv etc. as compared to the NFL Gamepass?

Dunno, but I found this. Haven't looked into it, but for those of you interested, maybe worth looking into:

http://acouplevagabonds.com/how-to-get-nfl-game-pass-free/

EDIT: Looking at some of the comments, people say it works..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Well I definitely have egg on my face lol.

Looked at my bill online and had a nice charge of $54.99 for NFL ST.

Called up and told them I was told it was gonna be free, she told me I had spoke to the CRG department (assuming Cusomer Retention Group) last time, and would transfer me to them.

The lady in CRG said she's sorry that they gave me the impression It would be free this year, but she will see what discounts she can do. I cut her off and said, I was not given the impression, I was told flat out it was free and I was guaranteed it will not show up on my next bill.

She credited me back the $54.99, and gave me ST Max for free since I was told it would be free.

Like others posted, i too had the $0 showing last month. I called to verify and the rep told me I would indeed be receiving free. looked at bill today and it showed 54.99 extra this month. Called them up, used "cancel service" to get straight to retnetion. first guy confirmed the rep's notes that I would be getting free. stated she was wrong. didnt have authority to fix, transferred me to cancellation dept. There i spoke to a rep who was apologetic for her response, but said my bill clearly stated i had to pay. basically said tough luck. i quit arguing what first rep had said, and stated very politely and professionally, "Can you offer me the ticket free or I will cancel" (I have been a customer since '03 which they always mention when they answer). Put me on hold for 10 minutes, came back and said I was would get a one time bill for 160 and a one time credit of 160. Said thank you and went on. Im not looking to get crazy discounts or free channles, i just think it is bs new customers get it free, while loyal customers dont. moral of the story, it can be done if you have 45 minutes to waste on the phone, and Im sure it has alot to do with who you get.

• 2 weeks later...

haven't posted in awhile but wanted to share my experience. Called today and was told by the initial rep nothing she could do. So I told her I didn't necessarily want to cancel altogether but I wanted to know when my contract was up. She denied any knowledge of when my contract was up and said she would refer me to cancellation. Sent me through and the rep was really cool and said right away, so youre looking for a discount on sunday ticket. I said yeah, you lost 8 games to network and you give it for free to newbies. she said, you had ticket max for free last year so she couldn't do that but she could give me games only for free and 20 bucks off a month for the year. Or ticket max for 163.00 for the season. I like to watch games anyway so took the free games only option and the 240 off for the year. Had to sign up for 12 more months but saved 480.00 for 20 minutes work. The games only offer was 240.00 the ticket max was 360/.00 Worth the time and good luck

Got offered regular sunday ticket for free.. wanted the maxx

Went with the MAXX for 4 payments of 40.99 ($163.96), and a loyalty $20 off per month for 12months ($240)

+$75 in the long run

and Showtime free for 2 months

only been with DirecTv since 2010

Edited by TRU SOLDJA 22

how the hell did u get it for free?? Ive literally called 5 times and they all keep saying I am maxed out on discounts...WTF

Guess you need to make a 6th call - and maybe try using your manly voice this time..?? Edited by Shorttynaz

how the hell did u get it for free?? Ive literally called 5 times and they all keep saying I am maxed out on discounts...WTF

Like I said earlier, I think it depends on several factors possibly including: how long you've been a customer, how much you call to complain, how much you spend every month, and how much free stuff they've already given you.

As with all things it life, the individual that you are dealing with can greatly affect the outcome as well.

Or.... you could just move.

Just scored Sunday Ticket Max (whatever the "max" is...?) and 3 months of HBO/Showtime after doing their "mover" program.

:pickle:

"max" is the one that will let you watch on mobile devices and online. without the "max" it can only be viewed through your receiver at home.

Look out for scammers!! I had a guy with a heavy Indian accent call and offer me the full Premium package for $69.99 a month and that included over 285 channels, all movie channels and all sports' packages including the NFL ticket Max. The catch is I had to pay the first 6 months up front not on the credit card attached to my account but by going to a Walgreens, CVS, K-Mart, etc and buying a Green Dot card for $420 cash and then calling back a different number which he gave me within 24 hours providing them the number on the card and the authorization code to get the package deal.

There were too many funny things about this deal so I called DirectV and found out that it was a total scam and that there is no such deal but that, that same call involving the green dot card has been going around. Guaranteed this is a scam that someone thought up because of how badly people want special deals when it comes to the Sunday Ticket.

Edited by irish

Look out for scammers!! I had a guy with a heavy Indian accent call and offer me the full Premium package for $69.99 a month and that included over 285 channels, all movie channels and all sports' packages including the NFL ticket Max. The catch is I had to pay the first 6 months up front not on the credit card attached to my account but by going to a Walgreens, CVS, K-Mart, etc and buying a Green Dot card for $420 cash and then calling back a different number which he gave me within 24 hours providing them the number on the card and the authorization code to get the package deal.

There were too many funny things about this deal so I called DirectV and found out that it was a total scam and that there is no such deal but that, that same call involving the green dot card has been going around. Guaranteed this is a scam that someone thought up because of how badly people want special deals when it comes to the Sunday Ticket.

The first clue should be that they called you. I've never heard of any TV provider calling customers to offer them great deals. Send you stuff in the mail, email, yes. And then not charging it to the card tied to your account is a major red flag. Kind of like being asked for your SSN or other personal info. Glad you didn't get taken.

The first clue should be that they called you. I've never heard of any TV provider calling customers to offer them great deals. Send you stuff in the mail, email, yes. And then not charging it to the card tied to your account is a major red flag. Kind of like being asked for your SSN or other personal info. Glad you didn't get taken.

DTV calls about every 2 months to offer up some free showtime or whatever. But it's always just a verbal authorization and done. No go drop an envelope of unmarked bills in the post office box at the corner of 5th and main at 2:15am.