[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OT: Sunday Ticket

Heroes2010

Yeah, I'm still a little skeptical. Ill believe it come week 2 (week 1 is always free). Im gonna be pissed off if i don't have it or come to find a monthly fee of $40 added to my bill..

I have to call them about something else so I'm going to ask. I'll report back with what they say.

No, I think you have it as they've already started charging me $40 a month.

i opted out of Sunday Ticket the last few years and just subscribed to RedZone , which i found was great and very cheap. So i'll just be doing that again this season.

Every year i call and get it for free, i specifically tell them the Red zone channel is the only one I'm interested in. Every time i was told it's only offered as part of the MAX Ticket.. Their solution, give me the MAX Ticket as opposed to the regular one..

Date Activity 07/26/14 Changed price for NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2014. 07/26/14 Charged for 1 of 6 installments for NFL SUNDAYTICKET MAX 2014.

So, they're charging you now?

I just checked mine & it still says $0.00. Would call again but i already did a few days ago - they told me they were giving it to me at no cost this year.. Should it change I'll feel like i got played and either get it for free my way or cancel it outright. Interested to see what happens..

Yep, and now I'll be calling to cancel it and let them know how crappy it was for them to show it for $0 because I was going to cancel it.

Good for you. The haggling really sucks!

• Like 1

Yeah, just got hit with the $54.99 for 6 months on the bill. Called, spoke with retention.

They wanted to knock it down $10/month to $44.99

Add a contract to my no contract agreement for 1 year

And give me a $100 visa gift card.

They'll get another call tomorrow.

They told me since I got it for free 2 years ago (when they lost all those channels in the Viacom mess), I wasn't "eligible"

Ugh - another reason DirecTV FAILS every time..

So today I got my bill for DirecTV and it's $54 higher than it normally is. I signed online and sure enough, they're now billing me for the NFL Ticket MAX - something I was told by one of their reps about a week ago I was given for free. I actually (against what I wanted to do) got into a pissing match with the woman I initially spoke with - I just told her to transfer me to someone in whom can help me cancel my DirecTV service. I was transferred to the retention department.

There, I told them that I was advised that I was receiving this package at no cost this year for being with DirecTV for 10 years - she told me she can see that - I've been with them for nearly 11 years now, and she said that she can see that I've had the NFL Ticket for the past 10 years. I asked her about receiving this at no charge this year, and she told me she's not sure why someone would tell me that - nothing is noted in the account - I started getting a little upset feeling that I just got played. While on the phone with her, I looked up what my local cable company charges for TV service, and for new customers it's $24.99/month for 12 months, and the NFL Red Zone channel is a 1 time charge of $44.99. She did a fantastic job at deescalating the tension by stopping my rant and offering me $20/month bill credits for the next 12 months. I told her it's not so much about my monthly bill, but the only channel I watch every Sunday during football season is channel 703. She said that she can offer me the NFL Ticket MAX right now for 50% off the regular price and charge me $29.99 for 5 months - I told her that's still me paying $150 for something I can get for $45 through my local cable company, and at the same time lower my bill for the price of TV at the same time.

Ultimately, what I ended up with today was $20/month off my bill for the next 12 months, the RedZone channel by itself (none of the other ones) for free, and free HBO/Showtime for 6 months. So it's not the entire package, but in all honesty, these last 3 or 4 years, my Sundays are spent with Andrew Siciliano and channel 703 - he does all the channel surfing for me and no commercials other than the plugs for Viggle - "you can Viggle it, just a little bit".

With that, I'm happy - lowered my bill and got all I wanted out of the Sunday Ticket. What I did do was lose my cool - kudos to that rep for calming me down as she could have (I would have told myself to ) told me to go pound sand - pay us the cancellation fee and be on your merry way. :)

Edited by Shorttynaz

And that is why I hate playing the game with these service reps to get good deals. They lie and tell you all sorts of BS, and then you have to blow your stack to get them to play nice. Well some times, others get the great deal for some unknown reason and others are never able to get as good deal as some other guy.

Glad you're satisfied. But considering they told you and showed you and others that the package was free (zero price) they should be sued for breaking that deal.

PS This also proves that DirecTV can do Redzone without Sunday Ticket, so why not offer if for $5-10 month since people want it. Just more corporate BS designed to gouge the customer.

This also proves that DirecTV can do Redzone without Sunday Ticket, so why not offer if for $5-10 month since people want it. Just more corporate BS designed to gouge the customer.

THIS. This is what irks me the most. The RedZone is not exclusive to DirecTV whereas airing out of market games are. Every other provider that I know of offer this channel by itself - for a fraction of the price of the Ticket. However with DTV - in order for any average Joe who doesn't know how to play this game, in order to get that channel, he has to pay the full $300+ or whatever it is to get it.

All in all - I am satisfied, but it sucks to have to go through this each year. It's become a routine - know what to ask for and how to get it (well - except today - I wasn't very friendly and should have been told to f' off), something that's wouldn't be necessary if they were truly not out to bend people over.

The woman I spoke with today said they (DirecTV) know that they're not the cheapest, but there's been some studies done by independent agencies who compare channel lineups, stability of service, stability of hardware, picture quality, a la carte ordering, etc, and DirecTV is on top of just about all those lists. If you want the best service, it comes at a price. Kind of arrogant, but I see where she's coming from. I asked her about any internal info they have about AT&T since that merger. I've been with Verizon longer than I have DTV, but I'll drop them like a bad habit the minute AT&T offers some sort of incentive or price reduction to use their phone service instead. She said nothing has been said internally, as the deal has been finalized, there's a lot of internal restructuring - should start to see some re-branding and offerings come out within the next year or so.

Edited by Shorttynaz

I got bent over. I got Sunday Ticket max for $120 after being told I couldn't get just red zone.

I also got $5 off a month but had to renew for a year. I said I'll talk with you in a year.

I got bent over. I got Sunday Ticket max for $120 after being told I couldn't get just red zone.

I also got $5 off a month but had to renew for a year. I said I'll talk with you in a year.

I'd call them back..

A few years ago they offered me $10/month in bill credits and the regular ticket for free - I initially took their offer. I called back a few days later and told them I still wanted to cancel as I can't justify the price I'm paying for service. That person then gave me the entire MAX package for free, another $20/month in bill credits, and free HBO for a few months..

Edited by Shorttynaz

thats funny cause i've called 3x already in the past month and they keep telling me that they have no discounts to offer me that I am maxed out lol!!! I even told her i was going to cancel and she was going to proceed with the cancellation but I hung up before we got that far...WTF!!!! Really don't want to pay $200 for it!

as mentioned before, I think it does matter what you're paying a month now. I have no movie channels, 1 HD receiver and another reg receiver. I'm at $92/month.

as mentioned before, I think it does matter what you're paying a month now. I have no movie channels, 1 HD receiver and another reg receiver. I'm at $92/month.

Could be. We're right at about $100/month. We have the Genie, 4 HD TV's, Choice package, no movie channels and some sort of protection plan we got suckered into that we can't cancel. All in all we're right at about $100. Every time some bill credits fall off and our bill goes over $100, I call and tell them I will not pay more than $100/month for TV. I get more bill credits. Yesterday when I called my bill showed $154/month. After the bill credits and free Redzone (no Ticket MAX) my bill is back to about $90 before tax..

For what it's worth, their statemenets are harder to read than a damn cell phone statement. All sorts of charges, but then all kinds of deductions by way of bill credits, friend referrals, free HD for life (they have to charge me but then refund it), free "main genie" receiver (they have to charge me but then refund it). Theres other ones on there too.. All I know is if I ever have to pay more than $100, I'm cutting the cord..

Edited by Shorttynaz

I went online to look at my programming, and I had the same thing showing Sunday Ticket Max - $0.00.. So I called DTV and told them I was checking the auto renew and saw the $0 and I want to make sure im getting it free. The guy said its possible the 1st payment says $0 but then I could get billed after. I just said Ive been with DTV over 10 years, Ive had it comp'd for free in the past, Ive heard that other people have been getting it free this year, and I would like it free also. He transferred me to the Loyalty team, they looked up my account and said, yes the $0.00 is correct, I am getting Sunday Ticket Max free this year. Somehow, they had already comp'd me, not sure if it has anything to do with the AT&T merger or what, but Ive always had to call a few times and talk my way into getting it free. Ive never had them just give it to me for free without even asking.

Also, ST is back on consoles this year, PS3/PS4/Xbox One. And you don't even have to have DirecTV anymore to get ST. You can buy a digital subscription to ST, and stream on a console/CPU/Tablet/Phone without being a DirecTV subscriber. Im not sure why DTV would do this, because anyone with cable can now pay for streaming ST, doesn't give much incentive for cable subscribers to switch to DTV.

I went online to look at my programming, and I had the same thing showing Sunday Ticket Max - $0.00.. So I called DTV and told them I was checking the auto renew and saw the $0 and I want to make sure im getting it free. The guy said its possible the 1st payment says $0 but then I could get billed after. I just said Ive been with DTV over 10 years, Ive had it comp'd for free in the past, Ive heard that other people have been getting it free this year, and I would like it free also. He transferred me to the Loyalty team, they looked up my account and said, yes the $0.00 is correct, I am getting Sunday Ticket Max free this year. Somehow, they had already comp'd me, not sure if it has anything to do with the AT&T merger or what, but Ive always had to call a few times and talk my way into getting it free. Ive never had them just give it to me for free without even asking.

you won't get it free. when your bill cycles it will show it. This has been reported by a few people including myself

Also, ST is back on consoles this year, PS3/PS4/Xbox One. And you don't even have to have DirecTV anymore to get ST. You can buy a digital subscription to ST, and stream on a console/CPU/Tablet/Phone without being a DirecTV subscriber. Im not sure why DTV would do this, because anyone with cable can now pay for streaming ST, doesn't give much incentive for cable subscribers to switch to DTV.

I read about that somewhere else and thought it was said that this is limited to certain areas, not everybody will be able to do it.

As for the free bit, yep somebody here even said they called and were told like you that yes it is free, then later they got charged for it.

I read about that somewhere else and thought it was said that this is limited to certain areas, not everybody will be able to do it.

As for the free bit, yep somebody here even said they called and were told like you that yes it is free, then later they got charged for it.

Ding, Ding, Ding.. That was me! :)

Just as any other big company, their agents aren't all on the same level. One person may not know and will tell you that, and find the answer for you. Someone else may not know, and will just tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone.

At any rate, speak to their retention department. I think certain people are allowed certain offers as the rep will talk out loud and say "Let me see what offers are available to 'you'". She initially offered me the MAX package at half price, I told her not interested in paying $150 for something I don't want - I just want the RedZone channel. She asked me if I wanted HBO/Showtime for 6 months for free? I told her sure, but I still don't have channel 703. I could hear her clicking around and then asked me what if she gave me $20/month off my bill for the next 12 months, I told her I appreciate that, and won't say no, but still want the RedZone channel. She was quiet for about 30 seconds, and said, here it is - I can offer you the RedZone channel at no charge. SOLD! No contract extensions, no obligations..

While we were on the phone, she asked me to tune to channel 501 - I told her I had it. She asked me to tune to 545. I told her I had that. Just to make sure I wasn't paying for the Ticket or Redzone channel, I logged into my account and my bill was adjusted - went from $154 to $78. I checked my subscriptions, I didn't see the RedZone channel listed there, so I checked my account activity - I saw it there. Said "RedZone" $0.00.

you won't get it free. when your bill cycles it will show it. This has been reported by a few people including myself

Well I made sure I asked 2 times, that its not just going to show $0.00 now, and then next month I start getting billed for it. The person said flat out, no, you will be getting it for free this year, and will not be billed at all.

The first person that I spoke with, was not able to clearly say this to me, they actually were the one that said, "well you may not get billed the 1st month, but you may still wind up getting billed after that", then they transfered me to what he called "the loyalty team", and that was the person that said I would not be getting billed at all.

So I dont think it will be an issue.

I also get these credits pretty much every month, when some of them expire every 6 months, I just call back and they give them to me again. 07/29/2014 XXXXXXXX8789 PREMIER - $15/15moBasePkg ($15.00) 07/29/2014 XXXXXXXX8789 PREMIER - Savefor6MosMAX ($5.00) 07/29/2014 XXXXXXXX8789 PREMIER - Save$7/6moSHOW ($7.00) 07/29/2014 XXXXXXXX8789 Advanced Receiver-HD - 24mosFreeHDAcc ($10.00) 07/29/2014 XXXXXXXX8789 PREMIER - Save$5/6moSTARZ ($5.00) 07/29/2014 XXXXXXXX8789 PREMIER - Save$5/6moSPORT ($5.00) 07/29/2014 XXXXXXXX8789 PREMIER - HBOfor6MosSave ($5.00)

Edited by Scare Tactics