[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OT: Sunday Ticket

Heroes2010

I just checked my Directv acct & it looks like I'm getting it for $37.49. I can upgrade to the premium pkg which includes the red zone and all the other stuff for a about $38 more.

ETA...after doing a little more digging...it's actually $37.49 x 6 months. I think I'll be cancelling unless I can get a better price.

Edited by buddahj

All you really need is the Red Zone channel for $40.

This RZC without the Sunday Ticket package isn't offered by DirecTv. Not sure where you got that deal. I'd take it in a heartbeat as its all I'd use anyway.

Ah. Yeah, I used to have DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket back when the Red Zone Channel was first offered as an add-on. I had it the first year and have been addicted ever since.

Now it's available as a stand-alone purchase for $39.95 on most major cable carriers like Time Warner, Cox, Comcast and AT&T. Not sure about any others, but I know they have it.

To get the RZC on DirecTv now you must purchase the Sunday Ticket. It's not offered as a stand-alone channel. Maybe you got grandfathered in but it's not even an option now.

It's on their website.

And I just called and asked them.

Yeah, as far as I know, it's NEVER been a stand-alone option on DirecTV. I was just saying that I had DirecTV when it was first offered as an add-on, and I loved it, so when I went back to standard cable providers, I picked it up as a stand-alone option offered through them.

I just got rid of DTV. It was cheaper to bundle everything together through comcast. I will miss the ticket but with two small kids at home I could never really watch it. I will get it back when my kids are older.

• Like 1

This RZC without the Sunday Ticket package isn't offered by DirecTv. Not sure where you got that deal. I'd take it in a heartbeat as its all I'd use anyway.

Exactly. Mine says

NFL ST Max

$18.75/mo for 4 months.

Edited by Randall

redzone channel is not 'all' you need. i love the channel but i am a big homer too and so i enjoy getting to watch the cowboys every week rather than just following who's scored as they do it. i can watch that online.

Edited by irish

redzone channel is not 'all' you need. i love the channel but i am a big homer too and so i enjoy getting to watch the cowboys every week rather than just following who's scored as they do it. i can watch that online.

Not a Cowboys fan per se but agreed. I enjoy watching football, not just highlights which is essentially what RZ is. I know there are more plays than just the actual scoring play but I'm a football fan first, a fantasy player second.

Not a Cowboys fan per se but agreed. I enjoy watching football, not just highlights which is essentially what RZ is. I know there are more plays than just the actual scoring play but I'm a football fan first, a fantasy player second.

I've been saying that for a couple years. The people that sit and watch RZ all Sunday afternoon are not watching football games, they are watching a very long highlight show.

• Like 1

Exactly. I can't get DirecTV in my condo due to sight lines (need to call that Alabama fan) but I would love to have it. RZ sucks for fantasy purposes. All you see is the scores and updates which I get on my phone, I want to actually WATCH some football. You get such a better feel for how a team or player is doing by actually watching the game. Any donkey can watch a few 80 yard TD's by a then-unknown Victor Cruz and snag him from the wire, but those of us paying attention saw that coming a mile away.

Exactly. I can't get DirecTV in my condo due to sight lines (need to call that Alabama fan) but I would love to have it. RZ sucks for fantasy purposes. All you see is the scores and updates which I get on my phone, I want to actually WATCH some football. You get such a better feel for how a team or player is doing by actually watching the game. Any donkey can watch a few 80 yard TD's by a then-unknown Victor Cruz and snag him from the wire, but those of us paying attention saw that coming a mile away.

I have the NFL replay online where I can watch games a couple days later for about $70 a season, and living in Atlanta I get all the Falcons games, it's not worth it to me to get the ticket (nor is it worth it to set up DirectTV and have it go out when the weather is really bad, the exact time when I'm most likely to have nothing better to do than watch TV).

I don't get the Redzone hate, especially during the 4 O'clock games when there's only a handful they're switching between anyway, you actually get to watch a lot more of each game than you would flipping between them.

I mean sure, if there are better games on the networks, I'll watch them instead, but a lot of times the game they choose sucks, and I'd rather watch pieces of good games, rather than an entire game I don't really care about.

But to each his own, I just get tired of some of you stevegrabbing (synonym for debbie downer) every single year about Redzone, like you're missing out on something spectactular because you choose to watch something that keeps you updated on all the action (it's not just redzone drives, but shows turnovers and big plays when they happen too). I'm not sure how you can argue that it's more satisfying to watch a game you don't care about and get updates on your phone that tell you even less about what happened.

I don't get the Redzone hate, especially during the 4 O'clock games when there's only a handful they're switching between anyway, you actually get to watch a lot more of each game than you would flipping between them.

I mean sure, if there are better games on the networks, I'll watch them instead, but a lot of times the game they choose sucks, and I'd rather watch pieces of good games, rather than an entire game I don't really care about.

But to each his own, I just get tired of some of you stevegrabbing (synonym for debbie downer) every single year about Redzone, like you're missing out on something spectactular because you choose to watch something that keeps you updated on all the action (it's not just redzone drives, but shows turnovers and big plays when they happen too). I'm not sure how you can argue that it's more satisfying to watch a game you don't care about and get updates on your phone that tell you even less about what happened.

I like RZ and I usually order it along with my Sunday Ticket but I would never just get RZ and say that's all I need.

I have the NFL replay online where I can watch games a couple days later for about $70 a season, and living in Atlanta I get all the Falcons games, it's not worth it to me to get the ticket (nor is it worth it to set up DirectTV and have it go out when the weather is really bad, the exact time when I'm most likely to have nothing better to do than watch TV).

Ha-ha, stevegrabbing, nice. Wait, you mean that wasn't a compliment ;)

For me its simple, I don't need the constant updates and highlights, I'm watching a football game. (Often on DVR so I can skip all the commercials and long delays. To each his own is right.

I like RZ and I usually order it along with my Sunday Ticket but I would never just get RZ and say that's all I need.

I can understand that. If I didn't get my team's games every week, I'd strongly consider the ticket (don't they do a discounted one you can just run on your PS3 or something like that?).

I guess it just works out good for my situation. Falcons are usually on at 1:00 (or if not, usually a better chance that one of the 2 networks will be running a game of at least regional interest), and if there's absolutely nothing else on, then watch the madness that is 1-4 Redzone. Rinse and repeat at 4 O clock, but with much less jumping around on redzone if there's no better game on.

If there's a game that's that compelling, I don't mind rewatching it later on NFL Replay, even if I already know what happened. In fact, some times I like it better, because I can just watch the condensed version without all the announcer BS between plays, and zip through it in just over 30 minutes. To me, that's the way to get maximum NFL, even if you do have the ticket for your preferred game.

Option C: the Mix Channel. It's the screen subdivided into 8 smaller screens, each with a different game. On a 56" TV each is around the same size as a 25" TV. It's a lot like sitting in a bar and having them all around you, except you get to control the volume, you don't have to move your head/seat all over the place, and you can full-screen any of the games at any moment. Between 8 games, there's always a couple on commercial and a couple that are in the huddle. It's much easier to keep track of than it seems.

I don't hate the Red Zone, it's just not as useful. It's only one game at a time, and it's not even necessarily where the action is. Can't tell you how often they cut from one "redzone opportunity" to the game that actually just scored. I'm definitely not channel flipping or counting on useful info on my phone.

Replay would be excellent too, but it's only on DirecTV, right?

And the satellite h8 is far more ridiculous - I lost service maybe once a month - MAYBE -, and rarely for more than a minute or two. Insight cable is far, far worse, which I find unbelievable but have to live with for now.

• Like 1

Last year I was able to get the Sunday Ticket and Red Zone for about 150 with credits etc... Saw the renewal on last months bill so did the annual call to cancel.

I asked for retentions and after a 5 minute hold, I got through. Said I wanted to cancel the renewal and asked if there were any deals available. Was offered 10 dollars off a month, so a 60 dollar discount. Said no thanks.

I called back a few hours later and said cancel services. Told them about past deals and I was only offered 10 dollars off earlier. Also told them that I could buy Madden 25 through Amazon for 99 dollars and it came with the Sunday Ticket for your mobile device, essentially costing 40 bucks.

After a brief pause, he came back and told me I could get the Sunday Ticket for free and I also asked and got the Red Zone for free.

Only had to do a year agreement and I still have over a year left on my current agreement so nothing added to it.

Score!

Replay would be excellent too, but it's only on DirecTV, right?

Sorry, I meant to say NFL Game Rewind, which is an online replay thing they do now. IIRC, the games come out around Monday (or maybe Tuesday after MNF).

It's $69.99, which isn't a bad deal when it includes all 16 weeks, playoffs and superbowl, plus archived games back to 2009. My only beef with it id that you only get it from just before to just after the season. You have to pay $70 again for access in the offseason (which sucks, but I did it anyway just to get a fix in the long boring offseason. Really nice to rewatch your teams games and do some scouting)

Link: https://gamerewind.n.../packages?ttv=1

(ETA: DO NOT buy it until after July 31st, as you will only get access until then)

Edited by delusions of grandeur