[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CJ Spiller vs Lesean Mccoy in PPR?

robert terni

I think I'd go with Spiller and cringe hopefully. I have concerns about the workload planned for Spiller and his ability to hold up, but I've got greater concerns about Kelly's O transferring to the bigs. Kelly has always had teams in college who thrived on being much faster than opponents, plus they played some really weak Ds in the PAC 12. I am highly skeptical if how it will work when there is just as much speed and talent on the other side of the ball.

I think I'd go with Spiller and cringe hopefully. I have concerns about the workload planned for Spiller and his ability to hold up, but I've got greater concerns about Kelly's O transferring to the bigs. Kelly has always had teams in college who thrived on being much faster than opponents, plus they played some really weak Ds in the PAC 12. I am highly skeptical if how it will work when there is just as much speed and talent on the other side of the ball.

It could be argued that the failure of Kelly's offense to succeed would help Shady's ff value. Plan B would no doubt include very heavy doses of their stud RB.

Having said that, I'd take Spiller too.

I feel the same about Spiller.

McCoy and it's not even close. Spiller has proven to put up unreal stats when he's given the keys, but he's going to face a stacked line, has injury concerns and who knows what Fred Jackson is going to be able to give.

Sure, there's a nifty little Bryce Brown waiting in the wings for Philly (and he may even get extended looks even if McCoy is healthy all season), but Chip Kelly's offense is going to move the ball - mainly on the ground and utilizing bubble screens.

I think McCoy's going to be huge this season (and beyond) if he can stay healthy.

McCoy and it's not even close. Spiller has proven to put up unreal stats when he's given the keys, but he's going to face a stacked line, has injury concerns and who knows what Fred Jackson is going to be able to give.

Sure, there's a nifty little Bryce Brown waiting in the wings for Philly (and he may even get extended looks even if McCoy is healthy all season), but Chip Kelly's offense is going to move the ball - mainly on the ground and utilizing bubble screens.

I think McCoy's going to be huge this season (and beyond) if he can stay healthy.

1. He faced stacked lines last year. It didn't matter.

2. Injury concerns? He's missed three games in his career. McCoy missed four last year.

3. You mean the Fred Jackson that has had three significant injuries in the past two years?

Doug Marrone has already said that he's Spiller is his guy and Fred Jackson will do the mop up work.

1. He faced stacked lines last year. It didn't matter.

2. Injury concerns? He's missed three games in his career. McCoy missed four last year.

3. You mean the Fred Jackson that has had three significant injuries in the past two years?

Doug Marrone has already said that he's Spiller is his guy and Fred Jackson will do the mop up work.

missing three games in his career is irrelevant since he never has had the amount of touches he is going to have this year.

Calvin Johnson

actually facing this choice in my keeper along with Morris and others. do you really have megatron over all those and what running back might make it back to me? (small league) Forte is the wet dream. i think s.jax. may disappoint. his best year (and the year i won with him), he had 90 catches, i kinda doubt the falcons install a bunch of RB pass plays or options coming off of Turner. thoughts?

Let's get the Jackson concerns off the table first. The Falcons' new OC in 2012, Dirk Koetter, loves to throw vertical passes and screen passes. This is why Gonzo had a huge year last year, and why Jacquizz Rodgers caught 53 balls, making him the #4 RB in receptions. The only thing that kept Turner from catching 40 is that Turner can't catch. The Falcons don't need to "install" a bunch of RB pass plays--they are already there in the playbook--and now they have a single RB1 that can do both--cash in at the goalline and catch the ball in the screen game. If you take Forte and his ten total TDs the last TWO seasons (Turner had 11 last year in the high-powered Falcons' offense), then I can't help you.

Yes, I would draft Calvin over Spiller and McCoy. The reasons are presented here:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/400176-axe-elf-hates-the-players-you-love/