[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2013 DEEP Sleepers

darin3

Deep sleepers:

RBs: Danny woodhead, Latavius Murray, Joseph Randle.....you get the trend.

WRs: Aaron Dobson (freak athelete, not buying the undrafted FA will surpass him), Andre Roberts (kids got skills and has improved every year), Rueben Randle (nicks is always hurt and will be gone next year, this kid is the future beside Cruz).

Deep sleepers:

RBs: Danny woodhead, Latavius Murray, Joseph Randle.....you get the trend.

WRs: Aaron Dobson (freak athelete, not buying the undrafted FA will surpass him), Andre Roberts (kids got skills and has improved every year), Rueben Randle (nicks is always hurt and will be gone next year, this kid is the future beside Cruz).

Woodhead - I'm not a fan. I think he was a product of the Patriot system. Can Philip Rivers even throw a screen pass? :woot:

Murray - definitely has the measurables and will likely have some opportunity. But would Reece supercede him?

J. Randle - I think Murray stays off the trainer's table this season. Just a gut feeling. Randle, though, is a 100% necessary handcuff to Murray though.

Dobson - I think he has the best shot of any Pat WR not named Amendola to make a splash. Even more so than Edelman.

Roberts - Swope's retirement helps. He has the opportunity. Has steadily improved each year and should make a leap this season if the progression continues.

R. Randle - Yeah, big on this guy. I don't think Nicks stays healthy this season. Again.

Nice list. :clap:

Edited by darin3

Might as well update to include tight ends, how about #25 and lower....

Travis Kelce (KC): Anthony Fasano is garbung and Tony Moeaki is ready for training camp but is nowhere near the talent of Kelce. Alex Smith was brought in and would quickly become a favorite target. He has history with Reid and should be KC's TE1 from Week 1.

Jeff Cumberland (NYJ): Shouldn't matter which QB wins the job; either one will be relying on the TE with a pretty average WR corps. Winslow Jr. is a joke; Cumberland will be the starter for the Jets and will see a ton of targets.

David Ausberry (OAK): Gone is Carson Palmer, but gone also is Brandon Myers. Ausberry should be the starter and Flynn/Wilson could utilize the TE quite a bit in the OAK offense.

Edited by darin3

it's quality threads like these that keep me coming back to FBG.

No offense, but if threads like these steer you towards FBG, then don't let the door hit you in the ass. This site is staging a mini comeback in lieu of the mass exodus. We certainly don't need posts like this. So either keep your disdain and nuthugging for a competitor to yourself, or kindly place the extra key under the mat on your way out.

• Like 1

Yeah, he said RBs ranked below #50. Darryl Richardson is the #33 RB in 12 team leagues.

Fisher says Rams may not have a bell cow back

Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2013, 11:40 PM EDT

fisher1.jpg?w=221 AP

Yes, Daryl Richardson is projected to be the Rams’ starting running back. But, no, that doesn’t mean it’s time to make Richardson a first-round fantasy draft pick.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Thursday that, with Steven Jackson gone, the team may simply use a revolving door at running back.

“I’ve usually had a guy, but that’s what the competition is about, and that’s what camp’s for and preseason games are for,” Fisher said. ”It’s not going to be out of the question that we don’t play two or three of them quite a bit. We may not end up with a ‘bell cow’ like we’ve had last year in [Jackson] and previous years, and just let them all play.”

It means that Richardson, Isaiah Pead (who will be suspended for the first game of the regular season), and rookie Zac Stacy could be squaring off for reps and touches. Or maybe one of the other four running backs currently on the roster will emerge.

For now, keep an eye on training camp and the preseason. Though Fisher may end up using multiple tailbacks, if one guy emerges he may end up being the guy.

“I’m not saying that we don’t have one that can. We just haven’t seen him do it yet,” Fisher said. ”One of them may emerge and carry it 350 times this year, we don’t know. But offensively, it’s nice to have two or three guys in a rotation just because there’s different ability levels at the position.”

Of any of them, Richardson would seem to be the most likely, given his performance as a seventh-round rookie in 2012.

Might as well update to include tight ends, how about #25 and lower....

Travis Kelce (KC): Anthony Fasano is garbung and Tony Moeaki is ready for training camp but is nowhere near the talent of Kelce. Alex Smith was brought in and would quickly become a favorite target. He has history with Reid and should be KC's TE1 from Week 1.

I wasn't going to mention him until someone else did, mainly because I have this guy on my list, and I play in some leagues with a few here.

This is someone to keep an eye on for sure.

• Like 1

Deep Sleepers -

Golden Tate. Both Harvin and Rice seem to always have health issues. Wilson and Tate connected on some big plays last year.

What about Fleener, TE IND? It should be time he and Luck reconnect their Standford ways.

Real Deep Sleepers -

Terrence Williams, Dallas WR. Deep leagues only - however, all it takes is an injury to Miles or Dez and he will be thrust into the spotlight.

If DeMarco Murray goes down, Lance Dunbar would actually get more touches than Randle ®, IMO. He already has one year with the system under his belt, he knows his blocking assignments, can catch and has breakaway ability.

I wasn't going to mention him until someone else did, mainly because I have this guy on my list, and I play in some leagues with a few here.

This is someone to keep an eye on for sure.

wow. you are slick. no one caught that but you. thank god it came out or you woulda had him all to yourself... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The rookie TE the Seahawks drafted in the 5th? round this year. Zach Miller is still recovering from his off-season foot owie and Carroll has always wanted to use two tight ends anyway. He's going to get overlooked and be open down the seam a lot as the defense concentrates on stopping the Seahawks running game(and Harvin, if he's healthy).

wow. you are slick. no one caught that but you. thank god it came out or you woulda had him all to yourself... :rolleyes:

So you're waiting on TE and taking Kelce in the 20th? I mean, why the badgering in a DEEP SLEEPER thread? god dammit man

Edited by loaf

Wide Receivers

Julian Edelman - 72 ADP - He showed enough in training camp last season that he won playing time while Welker was still on the team. He showed good chemistry with Brady last season - and he's the only WR who Brady has a history with. If Amendola goes down, he'd be the one to step into that role. I see Edelman starting along with Amendola and then one of the rookie's or Jenkins. If Edelman's foot holds out, which has had a long time to heal now, I think he has a big role this season. Obviously - health is the biggest concern with him - but if he can stay on the field I think he'll really outperform this ADP. Before the injury last season, the news out of training camp and the early games showed signs that he was starting to break out.

I like Edelman to suprise as well. but even with a healhy Amendola Brady should find Edelman here and there.

I just don't trust Amendola to stay healthy at all. he got hurt with his hits on the Rams and Brady will be giving him the ball in even closer coverage.

Deep Sleepers -

Golden Tate. Both Harvin and Rice seem to always have health issues. Wilson and Tate connected on some big plays last year.

What about Fleener, TE IND? It should be time he and Luck reconnect their Standford ways.

Real Deep Sleepers -

Terrence Williams, Dallas WR. Deep leagues only - however, all it takes is an injury to Miles or Dez and he will be thrust into the spotlight.

If DeMarco Murray goes down, Lance Dunbar would actually get more touches than Randle ®, IMO. He already has one year with the system under his belt, he knows his blocking assignments, can catch and has breakaway ability.

Nice calls here. Tate is in a make-or-break season if you ask me. His numbers took a nice leap last season but with Rice/Harvin going to miss time (more than likely), he should improve on last year's numbers. Sounds like the coaching staff is going to use him on shorter passing plays rather than just the bomb, which should help in PPR formats.

The big thing on Fleener (and Luck for that matter) is the Colts' hiring of their old OC from Stanford, Pep Hamilton. Could be a breakout year for Fleener, who looked like the 2nd best rookie TE for the Colts last season.

I like Williams but he'd be a hit-or-miss kind of guy as his true value would be in the deep passing game.

:fool: Your reading comprehension continues to amaze.

E2A: Funny that LorDOPEY would "like" your post. Morans.

Edited by darin3

Nice calls here. Tate is in a make-or-break season if you ask me. His numbers took a nice leap last season but with Rice/Harvin going to miss time (more than likely), he should improve on last year's numbers. Sounds like the coaching staff is going to use him on shorter passing plays rather than just the bomb, which should help in PPR formats.

The big thing on Fleener (and Luck for that matter) is the Colts' hiring of their old OC from Stanford, Pep Hamilton. Could be a breakout year for Fleener, who looked like the 2nd best rookie TE for the Colts last season.

I like Williams but he'd be a hit-or-miss kind of guy as his true value would be in the deep passing game.

:fool: Your reading comprehension continues to amaze.

E2A: Funny that LorDOPEY would "like" your post. Morans.

What about DeAndre Hopkins, WR HOU (1st round pick)?

What about DeAndre Hopkins, WR HOU (1st round pick)?

I'm a fan. Tried to score him in any (or all) of my dynasty leagues but failed. :kicksrock:

Definitely has the measurables and athleticism to be a star in this league.

I'm a fan. Tried to score him in any (or all) of my dynasty leagues but failed. :kicksrock:

Definitely has the measurables and athleticism to be a star in this league.

Love him too, but I think he's limited by the combination of Schaub, Andre Johnson, and that system. Was hoping he'd go to New England or Indy.

I think round 10 is a good line in the sand for a true sleeper. I'm going to list 4 WRs who can each be drafted after round 10 and 2/4 have a very good shot at 1,000 yards, imo. You could probably draft all four after round 10 if you wanted. In order of probability:

Greg Little - he's only played 2 seasons even though he seems like a perennial disappointment. Known for drops early in his career, he improved on this metric the last half of 2012. Little is big, strong, aggressive and explosive. He has uber elite metrics in several categories. I hated Little last season and avoided him like the plague. I love him this season with an ADP in round 14. There's a new regime in CLE and this will now be a Norv Turner offense. Always hated Norv as a HC and he wears thin as an OC, but I think this new scheme will benefit Weeden and Little. Norv has always made stars out of his big/physical WRs and with Little entering his 3rd season and having a gunslinger QB, I think he's a lock for 1,000+ yards and 8 TDs. While everyone else drafts Josh Gordon in round 8, wait for the better value in round 14+

Vincent Brown - Someone must catch the ball in SD and don't hate me if I'm still not sold on Denario "bionic knees" Alexander. In spite of stale play-calling by Norv Turner and the inability of Gates to find his form, Rivers still threw for 26 TDs last season. Rivers had his worst season since his 2nd as a starter and still put up respectable (3600/26) fantasy stats. I put a substantial weight on mean reversion, which means I fully expect Rivers to get back to 4,000 yards and 28+ TDs. Like Little above, Brown is entering his 3rd season and is known as a precise route runner. He was getting rave reviews from the coaching staff last preseason before being injured. He missed all of 2012 with an ankle injury and is apparently healthy going into 2013. Barring injury, this should be another no-brainer 1,000 yard WR.

Michael Floyd - This call is a little more bold, especially considering that I have respect for Andre Roberts' game as well. Carson Palmer should be good for 4,000 yards and we know Mendy won't catch much. It's not hard to make the leap for all 3 Cardinal WRs (Fitz, Roberts, Floyd) to surpass 1,000 yards. We know Arians likes to chuck it deep and they have a below avg running game. As a bettor I'm not saying probability favors Floyd getting 1,000 yards but for his 10+ round price tag and as a 1.13 NFL draft pick just a season ago, the reward heavily favors the risk. I wasn't high on Floyd as a rookie or in my dynasty drafts but I'm warming to his potential, especially late in a re-draft leagues.

Kendall Wright - I really think he's still a year away from 1,000+ yard production but his 10th round price tag is just too cheap to ignore. Another 1st round draft pick in 2012 and put up better than average rookie stats. Has a dysfunctional teammate as his only competition for targets. As a bettor, I'd peg him at 800ish yards and 6 TDs this year but that's close enough to 1,000 and in round 10+, I'll take those odds! Also of note, aside from his 1st round draft status which has the most weight, Wright is also in the upper tier when comparing his combine/pro day metrics. There's a lot to like here and just shaky QB play to consider on the downside.