[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dear Mr. Muto

Chief Dick

So, Muto, I have to ask... How much $$ have you put into FF this year? 3K, 5K, 10K, more? I'm talking mainly entry fees, but I suppose there are other expenses as well (memberships to sites, etc.). Obviously, as others have mentioned, that's not including the time spent, which might be worth more than all of the money you put into it. I'm not being critical... I'm legitimately curious.

I'm in about 18 leagues this year (give or take, I might be forgetting one, or counting one twice). That's the most I've been in, ever. Ten years ago, I was in about 3 (all locals). Then, I found this place called "The Huddle," and it all went downhill from there. :lol: I've added 1-2 leagues each year, since then. I've also dropped a couple, here or there, along the way. But, for the most part, I enjoy them all (and most of them have varying formats/characteristics), which is why I haven't cut back all that much (yet). Redrafts, limited keeper leagues, unlimited keeper leagues, keeper leagues with IDP, dynasty leagues, dynasty IDP leagues, dynasty IDP auction league, 32-team homer leagues, 32-team homer league where we act/talk like pirates and "plundar" each other's rosters after Week 6. :unsure: The list goes on and on, and I enjoy the unique qualities of each one.

The other big reason that I'm in so many is that I've been pretty successful, over the past 3-4 years. When my wife and I started having kids (my oldest just turned 3), I told myself it was time to cut back. I won like 5-6 leagues that year, taking home over double the money that I had put in. The next year wasn't quite as good ("only" won about 3), but I still broke even (or maybe even slightly ahead... not sure). Then, the next year, I won about 5 leagues again (including 3 or 4 here at the Huddle). My point isn't to brag. I've just been through somewhat of a hot streak, when it comes to winning leagues, lately. Keep in mind, I've gone through 2-3 year stretches of not winning anything (except maybe a 3rd place here or there), while being in 5-10 leagues, so I realize that fantasy football success comes and goes in stretches. And, yes, I realize that a huge part of this hobby is luck, for sure.

As soon as I stop winning (or at least breaking even), I'm cutting back. How far back, I can't say for sure. I truly enjoy being in a bunch of leagues. Yeah, 18 might be a bit much, but I understand where Muto is coming from (to a degree). If you're better than average at this hobby, and you diversify (intelligently), you're chances of coming out ahead (in terms of $$) are increased with more teams, as long as you give each squad the attention that is required to maintain it competitively. In other words, with 18, I occasionally find myself strugging to find the time to go through waivers like I'm used to. There are weeks when submitting waivers is more like a chore, and less like part of a fun hobby. Not because I don't enjoy it... I do. But, because I struggle to find the time that I really need to do it thoroughly. So, yeah, I'm cutting back sooner than later, more than likely. Will it be this year? Not sure. A bunch of my teams are doing well, or at least in a position to make the playoffs. So, maybe not for another year. :)

To each his own, in my opinion. If Muto has the time and money to run 80 teams, and he's happy doing so, good for him. That's pretty crazy, though, I do have to admit. :wacko:

Agreed. And to be clear, I was not trying to dump on Henry's (or anyone else's) dreams/aspirations/etc. Its up to each person to decide what they want to do with their time and $. Certainly, nobody needs to justify themselves (or gain approval from) me. I was just curious if he had gone past the point of "making sense" being in all those leagues. Years ago (pre house, wife, dog, kid, etc) I was in more leagues. To be honest, I didn't like it. Each week it seemed the same players that were helping me in a league were also hurting me in another. I never won (nor lost) all my matchups. Always some kind of split. It was getting to the point I was getting indifferent to it. So I dropped down to two leagues (both local with primarily long time friends) and I have not deviated from that for years. I still run into instances where a player I am starting is also being started against me. And I certainly still have weekends where I split. But having only the two teams seems to make me care more about them and remain enthusiastic about how they are doing. And playing against friends (one league is basically all the guys from my softball team) means the smacktalk/razzing/etc goes on year round which also ensures I stay committed. So beyond 2 football leagues for me is the point it starts taking away from the fun(I also play fantasy hockey). And fun is the reason I play. Yeah, its for money and I definitely want to win, but this is something I do as a hobby for fun. When I see Henry say he's in upwards of 80 leagues, I don't get how that can still be fun or (the $100k not withstanding) keep his interest. I mean, in league #77 with 11 people he doesn't know, does he really get up/down when that team is 4-2? 2-4? Even 6-0? So I asked him about it. Edited by Delicious_bass
  • Like 1

Yeah, I get that part of it, but it doesn't bother me. I used to try to keep track of how many leagues I had Player X in my starting lineup, and who my opponents were starting as well. That was no fun, and it lessoned the enjoyment of just watching the games unfold. Now, I pay very little attention to who my opponents are starting. Heck, for the most part, I don't even look at live scoring (while the games are going on). I typically check my scores sometime on Sunday (either after the early games are finished, or later Sunday evening), and get a pretty good idea of which leagues are going to be close. That gives me a pretty good idea of who I'm going to be pulling for on Monday. I still have situations where I'm playing (and playing against) the same player (sometimes in several leagues), but I don't let that ruin the fun of watching football.

I don't know... I'm weird that way, I guess. I get more fun out of drafting, making waivers moves, and making lineup decisions, than I do actually watching the games (from a fantasy perspective). Sure, I have a pretty good idea of who I need to pull for, and who I don't, but watching football is watching football. The majority of my time spent worrying about fantasy football is on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, and in dynasty leagues, the off-season. That's a whole different animal... The best part of a dynasty league, as crazy as it sounds, takes place in March through May, in many cases.

The nice thing is that, once it gets down to crunch time, I'm usually worried about a lot less teams, so it's easier to keep in mind which players I'm cheering for/against. By weeks 12-13, I've typically made the playoffs in some leagues, missed in others, and have a few leagues where I'm on the fence. In Week 14, I've usually got byes in at least a couple of leagues (or some leagues' playoffs don't start until Week 15), so again, I'm only concerned with a few leagues. Then, in Week 15, I'm thrilled if I'm still alive in more than a couple of leagues. If I make it to Week 16, it's a bonus. So, for about the last month of the season, I'm typically zoned in on a few leagues each week, depending on the scenario. That doesn't mean I'm not setting lineups in other leagues, but in some cases, Week 13 means nothing more than whether I'll be the 3-seed, or the 5-seed, or something to that effect.

I enjoy the drafts and that is the reason I always end up with so many teams I always want to keep drafting until I get the "perfect" team which is basically impossible but we keep on trying. I start drafting back in May and a lot of these leagues are $75 or less (23 of them) on RTS sports they are still as much work as the high stakes ones but I draft most of those from May-July I use them as my warm up drafts for the high stake leagues. I also did 15 draft champion/master type leagues so I have 80 leagues but really only have to worry about 65 of them. Wednesday is the one day of the week I never look forward too the waivers are the part I hate the most I pretty much go from 6 PM to Midnight to do all my waivers and that is the biggest work part (along with keeping a spreadsheet on all my rosters, lineups, opp line ups and records and points scored). Waivers I hate I really do that is such a chore and doing line ups is sometimes tiring but I do those usually on Saturday nights.

Here is what I think you will find interesting I run 4 local leagues I have been running them since 1990, 1994, 1997 and 2010. These are the 4 leagues on Sunday that I root the most for the players I have in these leagues because 2 are dynasty and 2 are redraft but for the most part I don't worry about who I am playing against in the National leagues at least right now not this early in the season...it is my 4 local leagues I run that cost a combined total of $380. I live and die with those teams and obviously not for the money as the most I can win is $500 in any 1 of them. I lost 2 of those leagues last week by 3 points and it ripped my heart out I am sitting 2-4 in my original FFL league I started back in 1990 and it is killing me that league I have a streak that is incredible by any standard I have never had a losing record in 23 years which is amazing considering all the luck and bad things that can happen with injuries and games. That is the 1 thing I want to do every year keep that streak alive I was 4-6 last year and thought it was over then won 3 straight to finish 7-6 and win my division. I have made the playoffs 21 times in that league but only 3 titles just terrible playoff luck. I also have my dynasty league where I am on an incredible 18 game winning streak I want to win that league every week and those are the players I root for...now later in the year and it is starting to shape up around now I am starting to see which of my high stakes leagues I can win with and those leagues I am going to start rooting for of course harder when we get to the end. I also am in 4 FFPC dynasty leagues those are my next 4 important leagues along with another huddle dynasty league I am in with Jason. I lost one of those on Monday night by 0.85 on the last Novak 50 yard FG followed by a meaningless Wayne catch. That one broke my heart.

My cost was about $12,000 this year. Last year my cost was $9,709 and I won $121,350 plus some free entries this year. Back in 2009 my cost was under $4,000 it has grown a little each year since then.

I know I am not winning another $100 K we will just have to see how it all shakes out. Even if I tank I still would think I could manage to win some league titles and get back around $5,000 or so even in a bad year. We will have to see how it works out. My big winning years were 2003, 2007 and 2012. The other years I was in the red a little. That is how this works for the high stakes leagues since your league prizes are only like 60% of the money even if you were to win more than your share of leagues your going to come out on in the red but if you can hit a big one then it more than makes up for all the small losses. I would say from 2009-2011 I lost about $5,000 total but I more than made up for it when I have a big year.

Just a thought Muto - maybe you should use some of your FF energy and passion into hosting a high stakes event yourself while cutting your leagues down somewhat. Also I expect your Kentucky Wildcats can do better than a 1st rd NIT exit this year? :whistle:

• 5 weeks later...

All right, let's go through this step by step.

Round 1: I can't argue the pick of Foster at 1.07. About the only other name that could possibly even be in the conversation would be Ray Rice, but you can't deny the value of one of the Fab Four RBs falling to you here.

Round 2: Picking Julio Jones with AJ Green still on the board was an error. You lost 20 points on the year just in receptions alone, since Green is pretty much "the man" in Cinci, while Jones is just one of many targets in ATL. Last year, the overall difference in production was 2.3 points per game in Green's favor.

Round 3: I can't argue with Fitzgerald here, either.

Round 4: I can kind of understand the argument for Brees, with 1 pt per 20 yards passing, but I think your team turns out a whole lot better with an elite TE here like Vernon Davis (or Gonzo if you prefer). Both should be PPR beasts, unlike the two TEs you ended up with.

Round 5: You went for a third WR here, but I think the relative depth at WR compared to RB, when you have to start 2 RBs, dictated the need for a RB here. In a 12 team PPR system, Giovani Bernard should be a low-end RB2 from the start, and possibly a high-end RB2 come playoff time.

Round 6: You saw the need for RB here, but were forced to go a pretty risky route in Bradshaw. Taking the elite TE in round 4 and Bernard in round 5 would have freed you up to take Matt Ryan here, and not lost much--if anything--in this scoring system.

Round 7: You went with a TE who does not catch a lot of passes; on the plus side, he is a good red zone target. If the TE was nailed down, you could have went with another WR who would have a lot of balls thrown his way this year, like Anquan Boldin.

Round 8: You backed up your "stud" TE with Cook, who will be lucky to be among the top 20 TEs this season--a wasted 8th round pick. "Darren Sproles Lite" (aka Ronnie Hillman) was still on the board.

Round 9: Josh Gordon has a two game suspension. I would have preferred Danario Alexander here.

Round 10: Given that you about HAD to take Foster in the first round, you about HAD to take Tate here.

Round 11: This was probly your best pick of the draft--Justin Blackmon. Excellent value, great pick, good job!

Round 12: Zac Stacy? In a PPR? Ugh. Give me a top NFL team's WR1 instead--Sidney Rice.

Round 13: Seahawks D. If you're gonna jump early for a D, I guess this is the one to get. I probly woulda looked to get a backup TE here, like Marcedes Lewis, who should shine for a few weeks before Blackmon gets back, at least.

Round 14: Denard Robinson. Can't argue that as a good flier pick.

Round 15: Texans D. Ok.

Round 16: Mike Goodson? In a PPR? Ugh. Back up Ryan with another top 10 QB like Carson Palmer.

Round 17: Phil Dawson? As the 2nd K off the board? Give me Matt Bryant, or maybe Blair Walsh.

Round 18: Nate Burleson. At this point, as good a pick as any.

Round 19: Matt Schaub. Don't need him if you had Ryan and Palmer. Next-best K available was David Akers, taking over for perennially-productive Jason Hanson.

Round 20: Janikowski. Meh. Take the Arizona defense for Patrick Peterson.

So, my team:

QB: Ryan, Palmer

RB: Foster, Bernard, Hillman, Tate, Robinson

WR: Green, Fitz, Boldin, Alexander, Blackmon, Rice, Burleson

TE: Vernon, Marcedes

K: Bryant, Akers

D: HOU, AZ

Your team:

QB: Brees, Schaub

RB: Foster, Bradshaw, Tate, Stacy, Robinson, Goodson

WR: Julio, Fitz, Antonio, Gordon, Blackmon, Burleson

TE: Rudolph, Cook

K: Dawson, Janikowski

D: SEA, HOU

Class dismissed.

Ok time to see how I did as the regular season just came to a close.

Lost Foster, Julio, Bradshaw, Rudolph and Blackmon that would be I lost my 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th and 11th round picks with that 11th round pick actually being a starter and a stud. So I lost 5 starting players during the year so I must have done pretty bad right ? I mean even the best drafts sometimes go bad and it really is no fault of your own. Some could say taking Foster was a risk so just pass and I probably should have gone Graham. Julio what can you say I mean the guy was #1 WR when he went down and I kick myself for taking him in 15 drafts but should I really ? No, that was a fantastic pick just bad luck. Blackmon was a risk but he was looking great just one of those things. So now let's look at the positives of the draft. Brees in the 4th round "wait on QB" was what many said to do but what if you waited and ended up with Kaepernick or Ryan or Brady or RG3 who struggled for a while there but taking a QB like Brees over a guy say like Mathews in the 4th was locked in points every week. I can't say there was a right or wrong way in taking a QB "early" just risk vs reward. I think Brees really did me good this year and is #2 ranked QB. Antonio Brown in the 5th was a jackpot pick this guy had a monster year what and is the #3 ranked WR. Cook sucked after his 1st big game week 1 so I made a bad pick there. Josh Gordon was a jackpot pick been huge for me and a huge help with the losses of Julio and Blackmon. Ben Tate has been a solid replacement for Foster nothing special but without Tate I would not have a good 2nd RB. Stacy was a HUGE pick for me not a waste at all he was one of my key saving picks to this season. That Seattle DF was all I expected and currently #2 ranked DF well worth that 13th round pick though losing them to a bye for the playoffs this week is going to hurt...oh wait what is that ? Playoffs ? Playoffs ? Surely you can't be serious...I am serious... and don't call me Shirley!

Yes folks this poorly drafted team that lost their 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th round picks along with Blackmon...5 starting players ended up finishing 7-4 and 3rd in scoring.

In all I did 14 FFPC leagues that had an 11 week regular season. I did one $1650 main event. I did one $750 super satellite and I did 12 of the $350 football guy contest.

Final results 10 of the 14 teams made the playoffs (71% made it when only 4 of 12 make playoffs which is 33%)

#1 seed - 5 teams finished with the league's best record and #1 seed

#2 seed - 1 team

#3 seed - 3 teams

#4 seed - 1 team

For the $750 league I finished as #1 seed and most points scored which was key as that netted me $2,000 going into this week's March Madness style tournament ($10,000 to the winner with money won starting at the Elite 8)...32 team tournament I enter as the #6 seed overall.

The 5 teams for the $350 FBG contest that were #1 or #2 seed get an automatic berth to the week 14-16 Championship tournament with $250,000 for 1st place (Will be approx. 1500 teams out of the 5800 in that finals)

The 4 teams that are seeded 3/4 have to win 2 games and the league title to get into the championship round.

Each of the 9 leagues is worth $1,500 if you win it and $500 for 2nd so I need to win some of these to make back some of that money as getting a #1 seed is nice but no money at this point.

Now I saved the most painful for last my only $1650 FFPC main event team. I went into Monday night in 2nd place in points I had an 18 point lead over a guy with Newton and a 21 point lead over a guy with Amendola/Olsen...If I held 2nd in points I win $2,000 and would have got to play for the league title worth $4,000 more and an auto berth to the $250,000 tournament (with only being about 300 teams in this one)...if I got 3rd I points I get no money but would have made the league playoffs and a shot to win money and win my win into that $250,000 tournament...but we all seen what happened Monday night That Newton to Olsen TD sealed my fate and so on a team where I lost David Wilson, Wayne, Bradshaw and Blackmon I somehow was right to the end and I should have finished 2nd in points if only I had not benched RG3 for Rivers in week 10 those 15 points I lost cost me 2nd place.

Now on to the playoffs for these 10 teams while my other leagues in the NFFC continue to battle for the playoffs.

Impressive, good luck in the playoffs!

Thanks...I ended up winning 9 out of my 10 FFPC playoff games this week pretty amazing considering your facing the best of the best in each league and to take down 90%. For this thread league my on air draft I won 167-141 and I still have Dawson left he is done so even with losing my 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th round picks I somehow am in the championship game. Foster, Julio, Blackmon, Bradshaw the big blows.

I put up some huge scores this week too bad none count toward my scores for the $250,000 as weeks 12 and 13 week scores do not count for overall. 200+Dawson, 179+Kaerpernick+Dawson in a couple.

In 1 league it was magical I was down 62 pts and had Moreno, Gronk, Vereen left vs Amendola never thought I could win that but did.

On to next week.

Well I did it I won this league which we started this post about I have a 188-104 lead I have Brees and he has R-Wilson left so I am going to go ahead and call this one a win. Amazing to lose Foster, Julio, Blackmon, Bradshaw, Rudolph and still not only make the playoffs but win the championship shows you with a little luck and a lot of hard work you can sometimes overcome the greatest of odds. I played in this on air draft now for 4 years and I finally broke through and won it.

I had a pretty lucky last couple weeks.

I played in 12 of these FFPC footballguys leagues.

I made the playoffs in 9 leagues (12 team leagues only 4 make playoffs)

I made the Championship game in 8 leagues

I have already won 6 of those 8 leagues with an outside shot to win a 7th (Need Sproles to score less than 9.15 pts) and I should have won this one I had Jeffery on the bench sometimes it is a problem when you have too much talent. Also the 1 I did lose I lost a tough one 187-178.

8 of my 12 teams won a ticket to the $250,000 tournament we started with 5808 teams I expect about 1450 teams in the big dance. Too bad the league playoff games from weeks 12-13 don't count toward your score for the big prize I had several teams pop a 200+ including one that posted a 216 last week followed up by a 190+ this week. Since an avg score is about 145-150 pts for a good team posting such great scores makes you feel like your wasting them.

Congrats Henry. I suspect that you won't have the big $100 K payday again (but won't bet against you), but it sounds like a few significant paydays from some of the leagues. And it is a testament to your skill to manage a team, to lose so many players to injury and still do so well. A solid draft and some important FA acquisitions throughout the season, I suspect.

Good Luck on the remaining teams.

• Like 1

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words. The Race for the $250,000, $100,000 and $5,000 tournaments begin this week. Sure would have been nice to cash a couple of those 200+ point weeks I had last week into this week but we will see what happens. I am not over optimistic this year but I have some fine teams just need to somehow continue blowing up but hard to think Gordon, Jeffery, ect will continue their 48 point weeks kinda wasted them last week.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words. The Race for the $250,000, $100,000 and $5,000 tournaments begin this week. Sure would have been nice to cash a couple of those 200+ point weeks I had last week into this week but we will see what happens. I am not over optimistic this year but I have some fine teams just need to somehow continue blowing up but hard to think Gordon, Jeffery, ect will continue their 48 point weeks kinda wasted them last week.

So how did it all turn out?

Not good , in another post he said he sat Jeffery

That team is in 51st place in the FootballGuys Players Championship. Played Clay last week which was disastrous. If we had started Stacy, we would be in 21st. Ugh.

Edited by electricrelish

Muto has a team in 26th place, I have a team in 34th place and he co-owns a team in 51st place. Whatever others he may be in I am not sure.

Ya a couple of mistakes in the big tournament have cost me. My team in 26th place would be in 4th place if I played Dawson both weeks and Flynn last week but when you look closely it would have been tough to play Flynn over Roeth last week despite Dallas sucks on DF I mean Flynn had done nothing and Reoth was on fire so while I would have loved those extra 18 pts I can't hold it against myself too much. Dawson on the other hand was my hand picked #1 kicker for the year I drafted Dawson in 55 of my 80 leagues he got off to a slow start but I thought he could rebound and he sure has 6 straight double digit point games and 17 and 18.5 the last 2 weeks but I have him in so many leagues I went against him in a few it just so happens my highest ranked team was 1 of the few I went against him starting a red hot Vinatieri who tanked week 14. As ER said our team in 51st place would be in 21st if we went Stacy over Clay. I think ER and my team is the best of all my FFPC teams this year that team is loaded at RB, WR and TE but we have Romo at QB and we have a crappy DF in NE. Most of my teams have Seattle I "reached" for them in round 11 or 12 in most drafts and well you see why now. I know everyone loves to say DF's and K's are no big deal and you shouldn't burn a high pick on them but my #1 DF was Seattle and my #1 kicker was Dawson this year so I tried to get that combo on many teams and those that had them both are reaping the benefits well if I played them that is as I sat Dawson and I sat Seattle vs NO (cost me $1,000 and a championship that week).

Too many teams did well I went for 200+191 and I am in 26th you have to go nuts and score 220 a week to win this thing.

I had 12 FFPC teams, 9 made the playoffs, 8 made the league championship, 6 won titles, 8 made it to the $250,000 tournament with 1177 other teams.

I am currently ranked 26, 51, 120, 180 and 201...the top 200 get paid. Been a nice year for my FFPC teams in this contest (Cost 4K in entry, won 10K already plus whatever these 5 teams can do this week).

A nice year but not what I was going for as I wanted that $250K of course once you tasted a big title and $100K + like last year it seems like everything else you do is a failure going forward but I should not feel that way I have had a fantastic season overall. 10 championships already under my belt out of my first 31 leagues and I am in 14 more championship games this weekend (some started 1-2 weeks ago) out of my other 33 leagues that use line ups.

In the NFFC the league I won the $100,000 last year I had 4 teams make the finals out of the 350 total teams but all 4 teams did not do that well so I am done there. I had one team get riddled by injury the last couple weeks and I lost 3 WR's and 3 TE's leaving me to play 8 on 10 for the league championship and this team I really thought had a shot at the $100K.

I have a lot on the line for FFPC 12 man single leagues.

I have a FFPC dynasty team with a 48 point lead (scored an amazing 232 with Foles, S-Jax and Dawson on the bench last week) and 1st place is $4,000 so that would be a nice win.

I have an FFPC $500 big pay back satellite where 1st is a $5,000 payday I finished as #1 scoring team despite losing Julio but as luck would have it after 5 straight 170+ point weeks my team fell apart last week to 145 and I trail by 15 going into this week.

I have 3-4 other teams fighting for $1K to $2K

ER and I have an FFWC league with a $1,650 entry on the line we were #1 scoring team in the regular season despite losing Julio, A-Rodgers and Bradshaw...This was an on air live draft with hosts ripping us apart during the draft telling us "you can't go WR/WR this year and expect to win...this is not last year"...we had another guy say "I would not feel comfortable with L-Bell as my #1 back"..."you took a QB too early"..."This team just isn't that good".......we have a 15 point lead on 2 other teams in a 3 week championship playoff.

In several other lower stakes leagues as well.

Been a great year just not the $100K to $250K winning year I was hoping for.

If I can take down a bunch of titles tomorrow I would say I had a successful year.

My favorite championship this year was not the one that won me the most money in fact it only won me an entry into the FFWC main event worth $1650 but it was by far the sweetest championship of my 19 or so I will end up winning this year...why you ask ? Well because ER and I did this draft live on the air in June and we were bashed by multiple experts telling us there was no chance we win drafting how we did. We even lost our 2nd, 4th and 5th round picks and still won it. Lost Julio, A-Rodgers and Bradshaw and we defied the experts who said they wouldn't have wanted any part of our draft.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/redblueradio/2013/07/20/ffwc-history-is-made-our-1st-qualifier-draft-live-on-rvb

My favorite championship this year was not the one that won me the most money in fact it only won me an entry into the FFWC main event worth $1650 but it was by far the sweetest championship of my 19 or so I will end up winning this year...why you ask ? Well because ER and I did this draft live on the air in June and we were bashed by multiple experts telling us there was no chance we win drafting how we did. We even lost our 2nd, 4th and 5th round picks and still won it. Lost Julio, A-Rodgers and Bradshaw and we defied the experts who said they wouldn't have wanted any part of our draft.

http://www.blogtalkr...aft-live-on-rvb

i loved seeing the draft board, as i've argued for a long time that going back to back wr in 1/2 can work as a draft stategy for those picking at the end of the first round.

Final results 20 championships out of 64 leagues. Truly an amazing year.

Championships won without a championship game

Black Dragons - FFPC $2000 championship (no championship game best record and most pts)

Wyverns - NFFC $1500 championship (no championship game swept best record and most pts automatic title)

Week 13 championship games

Chimeras - FFPC $1500 championship 199.25-137.00

Perytons - FFPC $1500 championship 200.65-147.35

Hydras - FFPC $1500 championship 182.20-152.00

Basilisks - FFPC $1500 championship 137.65-119.55

Super Powers lll - FFPC $1500 championship 166.65-98.70

Super Powers lV - FFPC $1500 championship 198.55-119.50

Ice Dragons - PFF $250 championship 214.50-169.50

Muskrats - PFF $250 championship 166.50-161.50

Fire Dragons - PFF $250 championship 186.50-147.50

Week 16 championship games

Minnesota Muskrats - IFL Championship 88-60 8th IFL Championship

Gryphons - FFPC $4550 dynasty championship 391.05-318.75 (2 week game vs 3 other teams)

Iguanas - FFPC $3250 championship 132.54-105.00

California - FFPC $1250 championship 142.95-101.30

Chimeras - FFWC $1650 championship 657.55-639.60 (3 week game vs 3 other teams) (Shared team with ER)

Pyertons - RTS $350 championship 124.35-95.50

Dragons - RTS $350 championship 138.75-134.30

White Dragons - RTS $350 championship 137.30-117.90 (Shared team with ER)

Silver Dragons - RTS $350 championship 157.50-133.95 (Shared team with ER)

Overall best FFPC finish (5808 teams) - Red Dragons 16th overall (shared team with ER) $3500

Also finished in 2nd place in the NFFC consolation round out of 1450 teams $1250

Total amount won $37,610

Total amount paid $16,845

Total net won $20,765