[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maclin Injured - Could be bad.

Footballjoe

(RotoWire) Maclin (lower body) was carted out of practice Saturday, Philadelphia Inquirer writer Jeff McLane reports. Analysis: According to CSN Philadelphia's Geoff Mosher, Maclin appeared to suffer an injury to the ankle or lower leg. McLane mentioned that it "does not look good." We'll add more info as it's known, but for now it's looking like Maclin might have suffered a significant injury.

No one to replace him really. He was to be the possession guy for the offense and was the best fit for the new offense. Now it could be 2012 UDFA Damaris Johnson, Riley Cooper or Jason Avant. All major step downs.

On the plus side I have drafted Maclin in the four drafts I have done so far including one big money league so I got that going for me...

Ifeanyi Momah is one to look for, he is a big receiver out of Boston College who has been impressive during training camp for the Eagles. They also have Arrelious Benn who will be fighting for that WR3 spot.

if not Lloyd, then a healthy benn will be the #2. is he healthy?

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Arrelious-Benn-Cary-Williams-leave-practice-early.html

I guess Riley Cooper will get a chance as Jason Avant is the slot guy, but Cooper has shown in the past he isn't talented enough to get any significant time on the field.

He is done son... Desean has to move up some draft boards just cause he is the only legitimate threat lol

OR Down Since He Is The OnlY Worthy Option.

bump celek?

It seems Kelly likes to use multiple TE's and between Celek, Zach Ertz, and James Casey I don't see any of them being draft worthy. If anything I'd give the edge to Ertz as Celek isn't the greatest blocker and has had his chance and hasn't shown much promise.

It seems Kelly likes to use multiple TE's and between Celek, Zach Ertz, and James Casey I don't see any of them being draft worthy. If anything I'd give the edge to Ertz as Celek isn't the greatest blocker and has had his chance and hasn't shown much promise.

According to this article, Chip Kelly apparently thinks more of Brent Celek's blocking than you do:

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/05/25/in-chip-kellys-system-much-is-asked-of-the-tight-ends/

According to this article, Chip Kelly apparently thinks more of Brent Celek's blocking than you do:

Not really sure from that article what Chip Kelly thinks of him, but TE Coach Ted Williams, who is quoted in the article, appears to like his blocking--and I'd say from that article that James Casey may be the TE to own if you're looking to mop up some of the receptions Maclin left on the field today.

Edited by Axe Elf

Not really sure from that article what Chip Kelly thinks of him, but TE Coach Ted Williams, who is quoted in the article, appears to like his blocking--and I'd say from that article that James Casey may be the TE to own if you're looking to mop up some of the receptions Maclin left on the field today.

So he did. Either way, Celek's role doesn't appear to be primarily pass catching.