[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 QB Leagues

Wubammer

This will be our second year where we start 2 QB's, it's a 12 team league with standard scoring. Finding ADP's and other general information regarding 2 QB leagues has been quite difficult. I found a site called Sport Jerks Network that has some info. I'd really appreciate it if I could get more information, any little bit helps.

I think with it being standard scoring that having 2 elite QB's is going to be ideal. If it was ppr or even if passing TD's were 4pts than you could wait on QB, but on standard I think you have to get them early.

The difference on using two QBs instead of one is profound on how you draft. I play in a money league like that each year and you better be ready for the difference. I won $3k in my league last year drafting Drew Brees with the 1.03 and then Tony Romo with the 3.03. It moves the style of play further away from what a real NFL team is like but it is fun too.

Touchdowns are worth six points in that league too which makes getting a QB almost the most critical part of your team. In that league, if you do not have two QBs by the fifth round or so you are just not going to use two (QB being a flex option).

Maybe I should write something about it. They are different and fun.

Being there is only 32 teams and you are gonna have bye weeks(which in a 12 team league would leave 8 starting QB's for players benches) I would say taking QB's in 1st and 2nd round is what you will want to do. and I would take a 3rd QB pretty quick too.

Of course this logic would change if you were also starting more than the normal amount at other positions too.

We start 2 qbs 2 rbs 2 wrs 1 te 1 flex (rb/wr/te) def and kicker. All standard scoring.....it's hard finding ADP's for this type of format. It's our second year doing this, I love it! I'm going to try and draft a stud in the early rounds then stream 2 lesser thans later on in the draft....that's the plan going in anyways..lol

We've done some anlysis on this type of league in the last couple of year's, and essentially it skews values so far in the QBs favor that I would be targeting QBs fairly early on. If I couldn;t land two projected top 12-14 guys in my first 3 picks, then I would lean towards what you are suggesting, the caveat being that Qbs will go fast and you risk not even being able to draft a 3rd QB if you wait too long.

As noted above, there will only be 8 backup QBs for 12 teams, so expect those backups to go pretty fast and furious. Don't let yourself get trapped with only one QB when the run of teams trying to grab a 3rd QB starts, and then find yourself starting Kirk Cousins as your QB2 each week because you waited too long.

This will be our second year where we start 2 QB's, it's a 12 team league with standard scoring. Finding ADP's and other general information regarding 2 QB leagues has been quite difficult. I found a site called Sport Jerks Network that has some info. I'd really appreciate it if I could get more information, any little bit helps.

Thanks for bringing this up Wubammer.....and thanks for dropping the sports jerk network info. Info is scarse in these kind of leagues.

I'll see if I can fit it in here soon before rankings and sleepers consume every day

SWEET !!!! The cherry on top !!!!!

Yes, Emersom Biggunz

I played only twice and I can only tell you what happened in those leagues, but I waited until the 4th (Roethlisberger) and 9th (McNabb) the first year (eventually ended up with tebow and Palmer) and the 6th (Palmer) and 7th (Freeman) in the second year. I won the league both times because of my late round pick ups on qbs allowed me to really solidify every other position. So while everyone was chasing qb i went rbs, then everyone is chasing rbs and I was going wrs. I picked up the qbs late and the drop off from qbs was not as severe as the drop off in points from a solid rb tandem with good receivers. Just another thought, but good luck to ya. Ill be targeting Palmer, Bradford, the worse Manning, Schaub, Rivers and Freeman again when those start going is when i jump in at qbs, but my rbs will be very solid. The first year i had Foster, Gore and CJ the second I had Rice, Lynch, Fitzgerald, AJ Green and Welker in first five rounds.

Edited by Dont Rookie Me........

Brees, Luck, DeMarco Murray, VCruz.....first 4 drafted by the guy who won it last year.....

And he won without a top back. the reasons is getting a gooseegg out of a QB kills teams and any team that did not have 3 starters got gooseggs during byeweeks or if injuries happened. with other positions you can find someone to get you points but the QB's will be all gone. and anytime one gets hurt the guys at the bottom are gonna grab the replacement up so you can't get them. or you end up trading someone you drafted higher to get a low end QB.

Brees, Luck, DeMarco Murray, VCruz.....first 4 drafted by the guy who won it last year.....

Id be interested in seeing the whole draft to compare to it mine, .5 ppr too

Round 1 1. Aaron Rodgers(GB - QB) Victorious S... 2. Arian Foster(Hou - RB) ShowMeYourTD's 3. Tom Brady(NE - QB) GetSome! 4. Drew Brees(NO - QB) Mexican Hammers 5. LeSean McCoy(Phi - RB) Bukakke Band... 6. Ray Rice(Bal - RB) worst to first 7. Matthew Stafford(Det - QB) Sofa King 8. Calvin Johnson(Det - WR) BgNBlkSaltyB... 9. Matt Forte(Chi - RB) Cockstrong 10. Darren McFadden(Oak - RB) TheWoodstick... 11. Cam Newton(Car - QB) NAKED APE 12. Tony Romo(Dal - QB) SuckOnTzNuts

Round 2 1. Eli Manning(NYG - QB) SuckOnTzNuts 2. Robert Griffin III(Was - QB) NAKED APE 3. Matt Ryan(Atl - QB) TheWoodstick... 4. Michael Vick(Phi - QB) Cockstrong 5. Chris Johnson(Ten - RB) BgNBlkSaltyB... 6. DeMarco Murray(Dal - RB) Sofa King 7. Marshawn Lynch(Sea - RB) worst to first 8. Jimmy Graham(NO - TE) Bukakke Band... 9. Jamaal Charles(KC - RB) Mexican Hammers 10. Philip Rivers(SD - QB) GetSome! 11. Peyton Manning(Den - QB) ShowMeYourTD's 12. Rob Gronkowski(NE - TE) Victorious S...

Round 3 1. Maurice Jones-Drew(Jac - RB) Victorious S... 2. Ben Roethlisberger(Pit - QB) ShowMeYourTD's 3. Ryan Mathews(SD - RB) GetSome! 4. Adrian Peterson(Min - RB) Mexican Hammers 5. Andrew Luck(Ind - QB) Bukakke Band... 6. Larry Fitzgerald(Ari - WR) worst to first 7. Joe Flacco(Bal - QB) Sofa King 8. Greg Jennings(Min - WR) BgNBlkSaltyB... 9. Julio Jones(Atl - WR) Cockstrong 10. Victor Cruz(NYG - WR) TheWoodstick... 11. Jordy Nelson(GB - WR) NAKED APE 12. Darren Sproles(NO - RB) SuckOnTzNuts

Round 4 1. Roddy White(Atl - WR) SuckOnTzNuts 2. Michael Turner(Atl - RB) NAKED APE 3. Steven Jackson(Atl - RB) TheWoodstick... 4. Matt Schaub(Hou - QB) Cockstrong 5. Trent Richardson(Cle - RB) BgNBlkSaltyB... 6. Brandon Marshall(Chi - WR) Sofa King 7. A.J. Green(Cin - WR) worst to first 8. Andre Johnson(Hou - WR) Bukakke Band... 9. Doug Martin(TB - RB) Mexican Hammers 10. Rashad Jennings(Oak - RB) GetSome! 11. Fred Jackson(Buf - RB) ShowMeYourTD's 12. Hakeem Nicks(NYG - WR) Victorious S...

Round 5 1. Ahmad Bradshaw(Ind - RB) Victorious S... 2. Percy Harvin(Sea - WR) ShowMeYourTD's 3. Antonio Brown(Pit - WR) GetSome! 4. Aaron Hernandez(NE - TE) Mexican Hammers 5. Ryan Fitzpatrick(Ten - QB) Bukakke Band... 6. Wes Welker(Den - WR) worst to first 7. Willis McGahee(Den - RB) Sofa King 8. Jay Cutler(Chi - QB) BgNBlkSaltyB... 9. Reggie Bush(Det - RB) Cockstrong 10. Steve Smith(Car - WR) TheWoodstick... 11. Jermichael Finley(GB - TE) NAKED APE 12. Mike Wallace(Mia - WR) SuckOnTzNuts

Round 6 1. Jonathan Stewart(Car - RB) SuckOnTzNuts 2. Marques Colston(NO - WR) NAKED APE 3. Dez Bryant(Dal - WR) TheWoodstick... 4. Brandon Lloyd(NE - WR) Cockstrong 5. Vernon Davis(SF - TE) BgNBlkSaltyB... 6. Brandon Pettigrew(Det - TE) Sofa King 7. Carson Palmer(Ari - QB) worst to first 8. Frank Gore(SF - RB) Bukakke Band... 9. Eric Decker(Den - WR) Mexican Hammers 10. Antonio Gates(SD - TE) GetSome! 11. Demaryius Thomas(Den - WR) ShowMeYourTD's 12. DeSean Jackson(Phi - WR) Victorious S...

Round 7 1. Peyton Hillis(TB - RB) Victorious S... 2. Torrey Smith(Bal - WR) ShowMeYourTD's 3. San Francisco(SF - DEF) GetSome! 4. Stevie Johnson(Buf - WR) Mexican Hammers 5. Miles Austin(Dal - WR) Bukakke Band... 6. Josh Freeman(TB - QB) worst to first 7. Dwayne Bowe(KC - WR) Sofa King 8. Kevin Smith(Det - RB) BgNBlkSaltyB... 9. Jeremy Maclin(Phi - WR) Cockstrong 10. Andy Dalton(Cin - QB) TheWoodstick... 11. Shonn Greene(Ten - RB) NAKED APE 12. BenJarvus Green-Ellis(Cin - RB) SuckOnTzNuts

Edited by Dont Rookie Me........

Not likely. 2 QB leagues are not very common, so there is not a lot of data to mine for ADP info, much less a large enough audience to justify spending a ton of time doing specific rankings for them.

But, the basics are this - you reduce the baseline for value projections for QBs enough that they do often become 1st/2nd round values (assumption is you have not changed the typical number of starters at other spots). In an 8 man league, it's not as major of a change as in a 12 man league. In a 12 man league, you really need to hit QB early, and that includes a 3rd QB relatively early, as there are not enough to provide backups for every team, and you don't want to be a team getting 0 points from a QB spot twice in a season.

It's really not that difficult to do a basic value analysis on your own based on your league settings to determine where the QBs fall in terms of value compared to the other positions.

If you cannot find a list you can do what I do. I just go by total points I expect by a player no matter the position. the position balance is equal once you start 2 QB's so its basically whoever scores the most is the best regardless of position.

If you cannot find a list you can do what I do. I just go by total points I expect by a player no matter the position. the position balance is equal once you start 2 QB's so its basically whoever scores the most is the best regardless of position.

So Big Ben over Doug Martin?

24. 24. Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 286 22.0 22 22 37 B 13 25 20 25 19 11 31 26 16 19 Shock Troops 4

25. 25. Martin, Doug TBB RB 280 17.5 13 13 9 5 B 14 19 34 53 13 17 19 11 20 4 13 23 The Chosen 5

Or yeah, Ponder over Dez Bryant for sure

27. 27. Ponder, Christian MIN QB 272 17.0 15 22 28 7 25 30 8 19 7 22 B 13 13 5 14 18 26 Free Agent (Q) 11

28. 28. Bryant, Dez DAL WR 269 16.8 11 4 10 17 B 29 3 14 3 17 27 32 25 13 14 40 10 Shock Troops (P) 5

It's a lot more complex than that

As flemingd pointed out, this is not true at all, unless you are in a total flex league with no positional requirements.

What going to two QB leagues does is adjust the baseline to use when evaluating QB value. Instead of using QB12 projections as the baseline, you now use QB24, and adjust the values of the QBs accordingly.

So Big Ben over Doug Martin?

24. 24. Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 286 22.0 22 22 37 B 13 25 20 25 19 11 31 26 16 19 Shock Troops 4

25. 25. Martin, Doug TBB RB 280 17.5 13 13 9 5 B 14 19 34 53 13 17 19 11 20 4 13 23 The Chosen 5

Or yeah, Ponder over Dez Bryant for sure

27. 27. Ponder, Christian MIN QB 272 17.0 15 22 28 7 25 30 8 19 7 22 B 13 13 5 14 18 26 Free Agent (Q) 11

28. 28. Bryant, Dez DAL WR 269 16.8 11 4 10 17 B 29 3 14 3 17 27 32 25 13 14 40 10 Shock Troops (P) 5

It's a lot more complex than that

I understand the complexity. the complexity of it is how its not complex. the team that wins the league wiill be the team that does the best job drafting QB's that play well and stay uninjured. thats how these leagues always end up unless you get into a league with people who do not understand the importance of QB's in these types of leagues and leave them laying around. I am not saying I would take Big Ben over Martin. just that the difference between them will not be near as great as a normal league. in leagues like this QB's are more important than any other position.

I am just trying to give the guy some kind of list to look at while he drafts since there is not 1. and you line them up by points and go from there. if this league has been around a while QB's will fly off the boards in the 1st 3 rounds and after that you will be going after QB's who are not sure in their jobs.

As flemingd pointed out, this is not true at all, unless you are in a total flex league with no positional requirements.

What going to two QB leagues does is adjust the baseline to use when evaluating QB value. Instead of using QB12 projections as the baseline, you now use QB24, and adjust the values of the QBs accordingly.

What it does is make QB's more important than any other position. by far. any list for a 2 QB league that says anything else will guide you to a bad season.

If the leagues been around a while this is what will happen. the 1st round will be all QB's drafted except 1 or 2 RBs.

The 2nd round will be about half QB's drafted with the other half being RB's and a couple WR's. the 3rd round will be about half QB's. and the 4th round any QB starter who is solid in his job will be gone. now is where guys think, well the QB's suck so I will grab everything else and come back for a QB. then they realize they made a mistake. now they spend the rest of their offseason trying to trade their depth at other positions for a solid QB. they find out that is not gonna happen and they start offering up starters for QB's that in a regular league would be backups. this is the average routine of new guys in our league who never played in 2 QB leagues.